Thoughts on Winona?

Good name for a girl? Too out there? Too clunky? I’m crushing on it right now.

I like it. I tend to like that long O- like [name]Simone[/name], [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Ione[/name], [name]Aldona[/name], [name]Joan[/name], ect. I do associate it with [name]Judd[/name] and [name]Ryder[/name] and the city though, so there’s that whole thing!

I love it. It’s sort of dramatic and soft at the same time, and I like that it affords the nicknames [name]Win[/name], [name]Winnie[/name], [name]Ona[/name], etc. Younger generations won’t be quite as familiar with either the [name]Judd[/name] or the [name]Ryder[/name], I don’t think…

I also really like [name]Winola[/name], which has a similar sound :slight_smile:

I like it. Can’t use it, do like it. [name]Do[/name] like most W names for girls, and find it a bit fresher than [name]Willow[/name]. Not as versatile as [name]Willa[/name], though.

I’m a big fan. Its unique, has a a fun meaning if its your first girl, and I think the sound is really pretty. Plus, a few great nn’s built in

I can’t shake the [name]Winona[/name] [name]Ryder[/name] and shoplifting association…nothing against [name]Winona[/name] [name]Ryder[/name]!!!

I love [name]Winona[/name]! I think it’s very unique (never met one in my life), yet very familiar due to [name]Judd[/name] and [name]Ryder[/name]… Plus I love the name [name]Nona[/name], and it would make a perfect nickname for [name]Winona[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Winona[/name] is my cousin’s name. She is Samoan and I really can only see it on someone of Polynesian descent.

I like it, it would be a great name for all ages. Its soft, not to girly, doesnt sound silly or modern, and [name]Winny[/name] can be used as a nn (which i love). Personally i prefer [name]Winola[/name] i feel its lighter and just like the [name]Ola[/name] ending. But [name]Winona[/name] really is a great name, i would be so happy to meet someone with this name.

I like this name. I associate it very strongly with [name]Winona[/name] [name]Ryder[/name], but this is not necessarily a bad association. It’s a very pretty, feminine name - a little unusual but not out there.

[name]Love[/name] it, was on my list too.

[name]Love[/name] it, a great outdoorsy and feminine name that feels familiar but isn’t.