Thoughts on Winona

I’ve been thinking about the name [name_f]Winona[/name_f] lately, and even though it isn’t a name I expected to like, I actually find it kind of sassy and sweet, and it’s growing on me. But what do you guys think? Any impressions, associations, or other opinions? Also similar/sibling name recommendations would be great. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love it. It has a fun, sweet sound and I love [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u]. It also has the nickname options [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Nona[/name_f] - super cute!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Winona[/name_f]! It feels feminine, spunky, and sweet. I like that it feels modern but also traditional, and the nicknames [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] or [name_f]Nona[/name_f] are darling.

My main association would be the actress [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u], but it’s a positive association and not an overwhelming one.

Sibling ideas:
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] and [name_f]Hallie[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] and [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] and [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Winona[/name_f] but I’m always reminded of [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u] the famous actress of the same name! I think it’s sweet and for younger generations not very known so it works well, names that remind me of [name_f]Winona[/name_f] but if I’m being honest have no idea why are:

• Marlene
  • Demetria
  • Rowen
  • Olympia

Short list but I can’t put a finger on the energy [name_f]Winona[/name_f] gives me, southern? odd vintage? Right now I’m thinking odd vintage :joy:

1 Like

I LOVE [name_f]Winona[/name_f]. It sounds so strong, yet airy and light. [name_f]My[/name_f] problem is that I also love [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and [name_f]Leona[/name_f] and I would never be able to decide between the three.

For siblings I love [name_f]Winona[/name_f] & [name_f]Edith[/name_f] or [name_f]Winona[/name_f] & [name_u]Forest[/name_u].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Winona[/name_f] is fantastic and so underused. It feels super cool because of [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u] and has such sweet nicknames. I actually had a little girl called [name_f]Winona[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]’ in my mothers’ group!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Winona[/name_f]. It has such a distinct sound

1 Like

LOVE [name_f]Winona[/name_f]!
I definitely get a fall/October vibe from this name and I see it as very elegant. First association is [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u], which is not a bad association at all in my opinion :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I think it’s gorgeous, has a great meaning, and I like [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u] but I’m not [name_f]Sioux[/name_f] so I wouldn’t use it personally.

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Winona[/name_f]! Especially nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Similar name I can think of is [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f]

1 Like

I dislike [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u] so unfortunately I dislike her name too. I do prefer [name_f]Winona[/name_f] to [name_f]Wanda[/name_f] or [name_f]Wynonna[/name_f].

But nns [name_u]Win[/name_u], [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_f]Nona[/name_f], [name_f]Nonie[/name_f] are cool and I am sure some like [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Winona[/name_f] sounds cool (I definitely think of [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u]); my only concern is that it wouldn’t be appropriate to use as I am not [name_f]Sioux[/name_f].

1 Like

Winona is darling! It makes me think of [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u], of course, but that’s not a bad association by any means. I definitely think it’s the right mixture of sassy and sweet, familiar and unexpected. Would love to meet a little [name_f]Winona[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

1 Like