Thoughts on Zoe?

I only like the [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] spelling - how likely is it that people are going to want to stick that Y on the end?

I’m also undecided about whether to use it as a first name next to a three letter surname - syllable count will be 2/1 but it just seems so short on paper - think of it looking like [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m].

Contemplating it as a middle if not as a first - possibly [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] - does it work?

I love [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]. Sooo cute. I’m not a fan of the name [name_f]Imogen[/name_f].

I love the name [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]. I think people know this spelling well and would not assume a y.

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] sounds fine tho it is visually stunted. I like the look of [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]… a lot… but I find it a bit awkward sounding. Here it sounds better to me if it were one syllable.

I was never a major fan of [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], but she has grown on me so much!!

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is a spunky choice, with a lot of attitude. The name is just sparky and cool. However I’m not keen on the syllable count it feels a little off and looks slightly odd. Nevertheless, I do like the combination [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is a pretty Shakespearean invented name it has a lot of style and feels very elegant. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] for me feels very upper-crust [name_u]Brit[/name_u] and I like that style. I like how [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] flows with [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] the name just works and sounds very elegant. I also love the Immie nickname. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] just flows effortlessly.

I love [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] so much despite its popularity–it just has so much energy and sass! I, too, only like the [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] spelling ([name_m]Zo[/name_m]ë is also acceptable.)

I think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] sounds very chic. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] flows nicely too, but I like [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] better in the first spot. [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] sounds great as well.

It’s a great name and I’d prefer it without a y. It does look a little short with a three letter last name but if your real last name does have an o in the middle I actually think that looks kind of cool. Plus imagine how much she’ll like filling in forms so quickly! :wink: my first name and last name both have nine letters each, middle has four, and it can be a pain filling that in sometimes.
My bf has seven letters in his first middle and last names and has said he thinks that balance is kind of cool. (I also like that my first and last have the same number as each other, but the length is tiresome sometimes!)

[name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]! Would be best with a longer middle name to balance it out.
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] (prn. Mad-uh-[name_f]LINE[/name_f])
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]

I love the name [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]! Personally, I wouldn’t use it, but I like to see it used. In this case, [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] looks and sounds very good. I think [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] does not flow well, but have you considered [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]? That is a gorgeous name. I really like the way [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] balance each other. @vegascountryqueen’s suggestion of [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] is also lovely.

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] does sound adorable. It LOOKS really short, but it really sounds no longer than [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m], or something, which looks fine. I love [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], but prefer it as a middle. I dislike the [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] spelling, as well–and I think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is popular enough that you wouldn’t have to worry (that, or that people would always ask…).

I would love to see [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] or [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] on your list–I happen to love [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] as a middle. :slight_smile: And something like [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] or [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] would be darling!

Ooh, so many suggestions. [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] both sound , and I like switching it round to [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] as well. I agree that [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] is no shorter in syllables than [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m], so I’m going to have to work out just where [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is going to fit on my list - first or middle, and what with.