Thoughts on Zoey Dee

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] All!!
Wondering on thoughts on the name [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f]. My hubby likes the name [name_f]Zoey[/name_f], so I think that’s what we will go with. We have a DD, [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. We call her [name_f]Mady[/name_f], so [name_f]Mady[/name_f] and [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] seem to go well together.
But. We are struggling with a middle name for [name_f]Zoey[/name_f].
[name_u]Lee[/name_u] is my middle name and my mom’s. I would like to pick something to honor my husband’s side somehow for [name_f]Zoey[/name_f]. His mom’s name is [name_f]Denise[/name_f] and while I would never use that for her middle name, people call her [name_f]Dee[/name_f] as well. Is [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f] weird? Does the rhythming middle names with the girls work?
I also try to keep in mind that we wont say her middle name That often.
Other middle name ideas??
Our last name is [name_m]Petersen[/name_m], just to help. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f] is lovely, but the similarity to [name_u]Lee[/name_u] would bother me personally.

I can’t find much about the meaning of [name_f]Denise[/name_f]. But maybe you could use her birth stone or month.

My friend asked the person she was honouring ([name_f]Patricia[/name_f]) to pick the middle name as an alternative way to honour her - I think that’s a cool idea.

I love [name_f]Zoey[/name_f]. [name_f]Dee[/name_f] works and I agree that the middle name is seldom used, but suggestions anyway. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like her middle name? Perhaps her maiden name is useable. Or, her birth month if it’s useable, e.g. [name_u]January[/name_u], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u]… Her birthstone?

[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f] is sweet, and I like that it has meaning too you. [name_f]Mady[/name_f] and [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] would be perfect sisters too. I do think the two ‘matching’ middle names would bother me though, especially if you have another daughter in the future.

Does [name_f]Denise[/name_f] have a middle name you can use? or maybe an addition to [name_f]Dee[/name_f] such as [name_f]Deann[/name_f] or something just to change it just a little bit?

Suggestions to add to [name_f]Dee[/name_f]

[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dena[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Deann[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_u]Delany[/name_u]

[name_f]Denise[/name_f]'s middle name is [name_f]Ann[/name_f], but that is also her moms middle name, my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] and niece. So that is all taken on that end :slight_smile:
Her birth month is [name_u]November[/name_u], so nothing good there. Haha
And my hubby’s grandmas name is [name_f]Betty[/name_f], so that doesnt work well either. Lol

Thus why I’m so lost. I’m am gonna look at some of the other [name_f]Dee[/name_f] related names though and see what I can come up with.

[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f] is cute! It has a nice ring to it :slight_smile:

[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Desiree[/name_f], [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dianne[/name_f], [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] Adelise?

[name_f]MIL[/name_f] middle name is [name_f]Ann[/name_f], but also her moms, my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] and niece. Birth month is [name_u]November[/name_u].

I think her birthstone would be a lovely, unique choice - Zoey Topaz, and just be sure to tell her that it is an honour name for HER. Also using Ann or a name with Ann in it would truly honour several family members so may be a bonus?

Yeah, that’s not quite my cup of tea. I like unique, but that justdoesnt do it for me.
I wish that could be the case. But, if we put [name_f]Ann[/name_f] as her middle name we would definitely be seen as “stealing” it or messing up their family name tradition.

I love the suggestion of [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Deanna[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f] is nice, both sweet and spunky, and works well to honour her grandmother, [name_f]Denise[/name_f]. I like that [name_f]Mady[/name_f] would have her mum’s side honour, and [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] her dad’s, yet as both names match, [name_u]Lee[/name_u] & [name_f]Dee[/name_f], they come together nicely that way.

Otherwise, if you[re just not sure of [name_f]Dee[/name_f], could you use a variant of [name_f]Ann[/name_f], rather than just [name_f]Ann[/name_f] itself (so as to move away from that ‘stealing’ and ‘messing up family tradition’ concerns)? My first thought, for example, is of [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]/[name_f]Ann[/name_f]elise - it incorporates both [name_f]Denise[/name_f] & [name_f]Ann[/name_f] into one name, yet is it’s own name in its own right, so it’s more non-traditional and wouldn’t be seen as ‘copying’, you know? [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] would make for a lovely combo.

Honestly I really prefer [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Denise[/name_f]. I think it flows well, and if you’re not planning on saying it often, then why not just use the honor name in its original form?

[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dinah[/name_f] could be a cute alternative. If you can’t find something, maybe you could use her initials, DA? Or [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], for her birth month.

[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f] is cute but [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Denise[/name_f] flows very well together. what is your husbands moms maiden last name? if its a first name used as a last name (like mine, [name_u]Riley[/name_u]) you might be able to incorporate his side of the family that way? just a thought, good luck!

I agree, [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Denise[/name_f] is beautiful! and it sounds so much better when youre being stern than [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f].

I feel like it’s a bit too rhymey for me, but it is cute - if it has significant meaning to you, go for it!

Zoey is awesome and [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] and [name_f]Mady[/name_f] is a great combo. However, I am with you on the [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f] hesitation- there’s something blunt about the flow of that. I almost think of a rapper- [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f]. You’re correct in that middle names rarely get spoken though but I think parents do still think of their kid’s full names. And kids do too some times- I like my middle name- [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]. If it’s not said that much, why not go with the full [name_f]Denise[/name_f]? [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Denise[/name_f] [name_m]Peterson[/name_m] has a much better flow. But if [name_f]Denise[/name_f] bothers you that much, then smart to ditch it. If you wander to other “D” names, my friend just named her daughter [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] which I think is very pretty. And original. But if you stray that far from [name_f]Denise[/name_f], then you really should just feel free to use anything for the middle name as it’s not that connected to the family name any longer.

Also not sure about [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f]. If you have a strong connection to it, go for it!! If not, [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_f]Denise[/name_f] is lovely or [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] [name_u]Ember[/name_u] (a stretch but for [name_u]November[/name_u]).
Good luck!