Thoughts/Opinions??

So we we were tossing around the idea of [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Alasdair[/name] for our G/B twins but we realized we just couldn’t go through with it. So we decided to go back to our original plan: regular first names + mythological middle names. And now we think we have found the perfect names!

[name]Alessandro[/name] [name]Diarmaid[/name] and [name]Starling[/name] Éire.

[name]Diarmaid[/name] honors my husband’s elder brother whose middle name is [name]Dermot[/name]. [name]Starling[/name] honors my mother whose maiden name was [name]Starling[/name].

We want to know what you guys think of our choices!

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

[name]Alessandro[/name] and [name]Starling[/name] don’t sound like they were named by the same person. And when you add in the other two kids, [name]Starling[/name] is the odd man out

I liked [name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] much better, I think they actually sound much more normal than your new ideas. Sorry, don’t mean to shoot them down.:confused:

I absolutely adore [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] I think they are beautiful and charming and though I like your other choices that honor loved ones I prefer [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name]

I love the name [name]Sterling[/name], so naturally I like [name]Starling[/name]. What was wrong with [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Alasdair[/name]? I think it sounds wonderful with your other children.

I like your previous choices so much better. [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] sound so much better together than [name]Alessandro[/name] and [name]Starling[/name], plus they sound better with your other children, too.

I really don’t want to sound harsh, but when I read “regular first names + mythological middle names” and then got to your choices I was like, “Um, what?” [name]Alessandro[/name], I suppose, could be considered “regular” depending on the country you live in, but I don’t know that I would ever consider [name]Starling[/name] “regular”. [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] are much more “regular” than your new choices.

If I were you I would go with [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Alasdair[/name]. They are both good, strong names with strong and classic backgrounds that sound lovely together and with your other children’s names.

But, with that said, if you love the names then go for it.

I agree that I prefer your original choices of [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Alasdair[/name]. Those are gorgeous names and flow so well with your other two children!

That said, I do like your new choices, too. And I am big on honoring family members. Also, for what it’s worth, I don’t think it’s a deal-breaker if you have one name that is the “odd man out.” I have an unusual name ([name]Sabrina[/name]) compared to the rest of my family but it never bothered me. In fact, I always liked being more unique! :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Alasdair[/name] as well. [name]Alessandro[/name] and [name]Starling[/name] don’t sound like they were named by the same parents. I do love your idea of using your mother’s maiden name as a first name, though.

Why not [name]Starling[/name] Éire and [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Diarmaid[/name]?

I like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Alasdair[/name] better as well.

What about: [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Starling[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Diarmaid[/name]? That way you still honor your family members while having mythological names that sound good with your other children’s.

[name]Hi[/name] guys! It seems your all probably wondering why we decided to go with [name]Starling[/name] and [name]Alessandro[/name] instead of [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name]. Well, we looked at all of the names together (the twins names and our elder daughters’ names) and we realized there was a problem. See our daughter [name]Rosalind[/name] has the middle name [name]Iseult[/name] (different spelling of [name]Isolde[/name]) and [name]Isolde[/name] was a lover of [name]Tristan[/name] in mythology. So using [name]Tristan[/name] would have seemed very weird (like naming twins [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]). And even though [name]Iseult[/name] was is only [name]Rosalind[/name]'s middle name- it is still too weird for us. And without [name]Tristan[/name], we had no boy mythology name we liked as a first name. So using [name]Daphne[/name] would see kind of odd as the only one with a mythology name as her first name! So that’s why we decided to go in a different direction!

But Starling Éire and Alessandro Diarmaid are not in stone so we are open to other suggestions (but we will stick with the mythology middle names theme).

Thanks guys! It’s good to know what everyone thinks! :slight_smile:

[name]Angus[/name] - in Celtic mythology
[name]Argus[/name]
Ares
[name]Apollo[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] - [name]Roman[/name] mythology
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Jason[/name]
[name]Jovan[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Raiden[/name] - Japanese god of thunder

[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]/[name]Fionn[/name]
[name]Endymion[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Loki[/name]
[name]Perseus[/name]
[name]Theseus[/name]
[name]Helios[/name]

[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Athena[/name]
[name]Atalanta[/name]
[name]Artemis[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Kali[/name]

Thanks guys! Me and hubby like:

[name]Apollo[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Raiden[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Fionn[/name]
[name]Helios[/name]

[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Atalanta[/name]
[name]Artemis[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Kali[/name]

I like [name]Daphne[/name] with the names of your other girls! I don’t think its weird that it’s the only mythological first name. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Starling[/name]? :slight_smile: [name]Just[/name] my two cents.

I think [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Evander[/name] would be a kick ass set!