Thoughts + Poll, Middles for Ada

Found out a few days ago we are having a girl! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My husband brought up the name Ada and it’s been really growing on me. (I think he was inspired by Peaky Blinders lol)

Pros: Short, sweet, and easy to spell, actually has the same meaning as my husband’s name which is a cute link

Cons: Probably will get mistaken for Ava, sounds just like “ate a” in our accent which might limit middle names

Which middle is your favorite? (Surname sounds like Dickens)

• Ada Caroline
  • Ada Elizabeth
  • Ada Katherine
  • Ada June
  • Ada Sunday
  • Ada Vivian

0 voters

Is Ada Sunday too D heavy? Especially with our last name? Does it sound like “ate a sundae”?

Any other suggestions for middle names that are just too good to keep to yourself??

Thanks for any feedback!

I think [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] has the best flow but [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is so cute! Also, I’ll submit [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] for consideration.

1 Like

It didn’t before you mentioned it, but now it kind of does. Sorry. That being said, Ada Caroline is my favorite, followed by Ada June followed by Ada Vivian.

1 Like

I voted for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] because it sounds the best with [name_f]Ada[/name_f], though it’s not my favorite name. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] absolutely sounds like ate a sundae. It was my immediate thought.

For [name_f]Ada[/name_f], I’d choose a middle that is a little more unexpected—elegant but extraordinary to elevate [name_f]Ada[/name_f] a little and add some interest and intrigue.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_m]Cymbeline[/name_m]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Kassiani[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Veronique[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Mazarine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f]

1 Like

I absolutely adore [name_f]Ada[/name_f]! [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Lovelace[/name_u] is a cool women-in-STEM namesake, so that gets extra points. I like that it ties into your husband’s name as well, that’s a sweet connection.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is my favorite of your options, it’s such a charming name, absolutely beautiful! [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is very nice too.

I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] in theory, it looks beautiful on paper and in my head, but you likely would get comments about it sounding like “ate a sundae”, so if that’s something that would bother you then I’d avoid it unfortunately.

1 Like

Yes, we are math loving people so [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Lovelace[/name_u] is a fun link. Also love a good palindrome!

2 Likes

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is gorgeous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I like them all, except maybe not [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] as you say b.c. of how you pronounce [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

I had a Great Great Aunt [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and love the name. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Loire[/name_f] is my favorite.

1 Like

I think all the combos are lovely! I do see the concern with [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], but I don’t think it should necessarily be ruled out!

Our [name_f]Ada[/name_f] only occasionally gets called “Ava”, and it’s usually just someone who doesn’t know us well can’t remember what her name is rather than someone mishearing it as [name_f]Ada[/name_f]. For most people, the “d” sound is distinctive enough not to make that mistake.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s nice to hear! Thanks!

I adore the name [name_f]Ada[/name_f] - it’s a spunky choice that feels simultaneously vintage and very fresh on a little girl born in 2021. Whilst I love [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], I don’t think it flows with [name_f]Ada[/name_f] quite as well as some of the others, especially [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], which are my favourites with it. I’m especially partial to [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], which is just so sweet.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]

1 Like

With pretty much any other name, [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] would easily be my favorite out of these middles but it sounds exactly like “ate a sundae” in my accent. Sorry. I actually really like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] though. I’m not usually excited by my middle name lol but it looks good with [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

2 Likes

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] wins for me! I might have voted for [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], but saying it out loud makes me realize my accent has the same “ate-a” sound.

1 Like