thoughts??

I love the name [name]Malachi[/name] however our last name is [name]Nye[/name], like [name]Bill[/name] [name]Nye[/name] the science guy…would it be weird if we named our son [name]Malachi[/name]? And does anyone have any thoughts for a middle name?

I wouldn’t name my child something that rhymes with the last name.

Unfortunately, when [name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Nye[/name] are heard together, the prominent long I sound drowns out the rest of the name.

I agree with the previous posters about avoiding a first name that rhymes with your last name.

Instead of [name]Malachi[/name], what about [name]Malachy[/name], the Irish version of [name]Malachi[/name]? [name]Malachy[/name] is pronounced [name]MAL[/name]-uh-kee, which doesn’t rhyme with your last name.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Malachy[/name] [name]Nye[/name]!

Too Rhyming for me, I much prefer [name]Malachy[/name], [name]Malachi[/name] reminds me of the trendy [name]Kai[/name], which in M?ori means food.

Is [name]Malachi[/name] pronounced [name]Mal[/name]-ah-kEYE? And [name]Malachy[/name] like [name]Mal[/name]-ah-kee?

While it may sound a little off to have a rhymey sounding name, I say go for the name you love. In my opinion we all, and I include myself, think [name]WAY[/name] too much about making sure the name sounds perfect and rolls off the tongue in just the right way and we lose focus on choosing a name that we simply connect with or feel called to. Good luck! I think [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Nye[/name] is a very cool name!

I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Malachi[/name]!
Although [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Nye[/name] sounds a little off, it’s still a great name and I agree with the previous post… if you love it use it.
Good luck!

Sounds too repeat-y to me…I personally wouldn’t use it.