Thoughts?

Hello! What do you think of the name ‘[name_u]Navy[/name_u]’ for a girl?

Thank you for answering :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I love [name_u]Navy[/name_u] as a girls name especially paired with a middle name like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Hope[/name_f]. It could also be used for an honor name if a loved one served in the [name_u]Navy[/name_u]. Plus it isn’t that weird when you consider all the other baby names that are colors like [name_u]Gray[/name_u], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], or [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

1 Like

I think it’s fine, I don’t love it but I don’t really hate it.
Personally I would avoid pairing it with another word name - otherwise it just becomes too descriptive.

[name_u]Navy[/name_u] is fine, it’s just not really my style. I think I’d like it more as either a nickname or a middle.

1 Like

At first glance, I really like it. It checks off a lot of the characteristics I like in a name: easy to spell and pronounce, no annoying nicknames. I like that it is two syllables and it sounds sweet. It has a V and a Y, both trendy but solid letters in it. It definitely seems better for a girl than a boy in my opinion.

But then I think about the [name_u]Navy[/name_u] and the Armed Forces and I hesitate. I like it so much better than the name [name_u]Blue[/name_u], and I like the idea of it, but I’m not sure if I’d use it. If you love it, I would say go for it! I feel like some people with love it and some people with hate it.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Navy[/name_u] as a name, it’s so sweet!

1 Like

I personally am not a fan of [name_u]Navy[/name_u]. Maybe this is a cultural thing but I’ve never met anyone named [name_u]Navy[/name_u] and I have a hard time seeing it as a person’s name. To me it’s just a word, like “army”, and it doesn’t have the same appeal for me as more established word names like [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

1 Like

I think it’s really sweet with a really feminine middle name, for example:

[name_u]Navy[/name_u] [name_f]Lorena[/name_f]
[name_u]Navy[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Navy[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_u]Navy[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Navy[/name_u] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f], etc…

1 Like

I don’t really like it. It’s very modern sounding to me, which just isn’t my style. I think it lends itself to a classic, longer middle, such as [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] or [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f].

1 Like

As of now it’s not for me, but I’m sure it will grow on me over time!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use it, but it sounds adorable. Definitely a name to keep an eye on.

1 Like

I quite like it. It has nice sounds and i think it fits in with names like [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. The only off putting thing is the Naval association

1 Like

I think it’s really cute and that the color/ocean/military associations are all cool, but I think of the color first!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Navy[/name_u] is gorgeous and strong. It gives me a marine/sailor feel. Prim and proper as well as cute and playful!!

1 Like

I think it’s stunning and carries a lot of positive associations!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Navy[/name_u]! I think it’s quirky and unique without being weird and too much. It’s recognizable and easy to pronounce which is the perfect balance for a unique name. It’s a really strong name too and carries a lot of imagery.

1 Like