Three days old but no name!!

Firstly I have to say WOW, I can’t believe how many people are on here giving GOOD advice on names!! If only I had come on here before I had my baby!!!
With my first daughter we went into the hospital with a list of 5 names that we weren’t really agreeing on but hoped one would stick once she was born. When she was born none of them seemed right and we both agreed that we should call her [name]Sunday[/name] (she was born on a [name]Sunday[/name])!
With our second we decided not to worry about all the name arguments and just wait untill she was born… which she was three days ago… and still we have no name for her!!
I really need some ideas, the only names I can think of that I like are [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] (which are both a bit popular), my husband wants to call her Adjoa (just because it means “Daughter born on a [name]Monday[/name]”) and the only name we can kind of agree on is [name]Joy[/name]- but I think this is suited more as a middle name.

Any ideas?

Names I like with [name]Sunday[/name]:

[name]Arianne[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] ([name]Beatrix[/name])
[name]Celine[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]

Also, one of [name]September[/name]'s birth flowers is the morning glory, so you might like [name]Glory[/name] or [name]Gloria[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I like the idea of having another “word” name without being matchy-matchy.

[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Silver[/name]
[name]Lacey[/name]
[name]Tempest[/name]
[name]Lux[/name]
[name]Bliss[/name]
[name]Lotus[/name]
[name]Dawn[/name]
[name]Sierra[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Constance[/name]
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Harmony[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Queenie[/name]

And some names that I just think sound good with [name]Sunday[/name]:

[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Marnie[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Macy[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Isis[/name]

I really like [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] but at the moment she has red hair (and eyelashes… I’ve been told that means it will stay red when she gets older!) and I’m not sure but I think it might be a bit much having a red head with a red name… or would it be perfect?

Other names I like are [name]Celine[/name], [name]Thea[/name], [name]Lotus[/name], [name]Sierra[/name], [name]Clover[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Marnie[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name]
Husband says he likes [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Sierra[/name], [name]Rhiannon[/name] and [name]Vera[/name]

I might try some of them out on her over the next day or so :slight_smile:
Any more ideas?

Since you both like [name]Joy[/name] why not use it? It’s fine as a FN.

Aww how adorable! :slight_smile: My favs with [name]Sunday[/name] are:

[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Sierra[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Marnie[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]

Since [name]Sierra[/name] is common to both your lists that could be a good choice? Maybe [name]Sierra[/name] [name]Joy[/name]? [name]Just[/name] bare in mind if you use another S name and you plan on having more children you may feel tied to S names in future. This is just a thought though because I think it’s fine to have 2 childrens names start with 1 letter and a third with a different letter - just depends how you feel about these things!

[name]Just[/name] a few other ideas:

[name]Selene[/name] (seems cooler and more laidback than [name]Celine[/name] to me and I think it matches [name]Sunday[/name] better)
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name] (maybe nn [name]Indi[/name]?)
[name]Neva[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Anwen[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] (I think it works better with [name]Sunday[/name] than [name]Olivia[/name])
[name]Livana[/name] (another way to get to the nn [name]Liv[/name])
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Oona[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Mona[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Anona[/name]
[name]Fianna[/name]
[name]Sanaa[/name] (means art, I love it!)
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Vida[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]

Best of luck!

I also think [name]Joy[/name] makes a great first name. [name]Sunday[/name] and [name]Joy[/name] are good together.

[name]Joy[/name] is a great first name! If you like it, go with it!

We really do like [name]Joy[/name] and it does seem to suit her, but I just don’t think I like it as a full name. It feels a bit short next to [name]Sunday[/name].
Is there anything it can be a nickname for? Or do you think we should just go for [name]Joy[/name]?

[name]Sunday[/name] has such a cheerful, sweet ring to it. I would use another name with this same feeling and use [name]Joy[/name] as the mn. Perhaps

• [name]Marigold[/name]
  • [name]Penny[/name]
  • [name]Clementine[/name]
  • [name]Daisy[/name]
  • [name]Beatrice[/name]
  • [name]Penelope[/name]
  • [name]Ruby[/name]
  • [name]Lucy[/name]

I think you could go with [name]Sojourner[/name] and nickname her [name]Joy[/name]. Or [name]Jolyon[/name], nicknamed [name]Joy[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Jolyon[/name] is traditionally a boys name, I think it could work for a girl.

I really like the way [name]Sunday[/name] and [name]Joy[/name] sound together as sisters.

If [name]Joy[/name] sounds too short, [name]Joy[/name]-[name]Anna[/name] is cute. Or joyce.

[name]Sunday[/name] is only two syllables, so I don’t think it’s noticeably long next to [name]Joy[/name], but if you really want to make it a nickname I think it could work as a nickname for:
[name]Josephine[/name] - [name]Love[/name].
[name]Johanna[/name] - Also love.
[name]Jocelyn[/name] - I prefer the two above.
[name]Joyce[/name] - It’s also one syllable, so it’s kind of pointless.

I worked in a daycare and one of the girls was named Reesajoy. And I’ve known a Dathajoy. [name]Just[/name] add a first part! :slight_smile:

What do you think about [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Joy[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name]-[name]Joy[/name] nn [name]Joy[/name]?
I love the name [name]Ruby[/name] and it is so perfect because of her red hair… but I’ve really taken to calling her [name]Joy[/name], which just seems right and really suits her!
[name]Sunday[/name]'s middle name is [name]Louise[/name] and we often call her [name]Sunny[/name]-[name]Lou[/name], so using the middle name wouldn’t be a new thing.
What do you think?

I’m not big on double barrel first name so I would prefer it [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Joy[/name] with [name]Joy[/name] as the middle.

Or [name]Joy[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]?

I think [name]Joy[/name] is perfect with [name]Sunday[/name]! Another word name but not matchy, same lighthearted feel. I don’t think it’s short next to [name]Sunday[/name]. It sounds like [name]Joy[/name] suits her, and that’s a great feeling for you to have! If [name]Joy[/name] still seems a little short to you, consider pairing it with a middle you can use sometimes like you do with [name]Sunday[/name].

My opinion, for what it’s worth, is that [name]Ruby[/name] is a little too spot-on for a red head.

If you’re not sold on [name]Joy[/name], do you want some more suggestions?
[name]Avalon[/name] - I saw this was on DH’s list - I think it fits well
[name]Amity[/name]
[name]Bliss[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Dalia[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]

The first name that came to mind was [name]Summer[/name] [name]Joy[/name]. What a perfect companion for [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Louise[/name] “[name]Sunny[/name]-[name]Lou[/name]”. It is slightly close, both beginning with “[name]Su[/name]” - but i think its a great combo! To avoid the “[name]Su[/name]” you could go with [name]Sommer[/name] [name]Joy[/name] - plus a little [name]Sommer[/name] with read hair is to die for!

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Joy[/name] is cute! But, do you want a [name]Ruby[/name] or a [name]Joy[/name]? Hm. Is it the length of the name or the length of the letters that bothers you? You could spell [name]Joy[/name] as [name]Joie[/name] - it’s still “joy” - and it gets another letter in there. Not sure I’d recommend that. Or, maybe you could use something like [name]Jubilee[/name]? It sort of combines [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Joy[/name], yea? Well, sort of. A lot of name, yes, but it sounds cute with [name]Sunday[/name]! Or, you could try [name]Joya[/name] - a variant of [name]Gioia[/name], an Italian name meaning “joy” - which gives you more length.

So, yes, my thoughts are 1) [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Joy[/name] is adorable, 2) [name]Joya[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] would be very pretty, and 3) [name]Jubilee[/name] would be spunky and fresh next to [name]Sunday[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: