three-legged orange kitten

here’s an imgur album with pictures of the boy:
https://imgur.com/a/Kr6Cbbt

i’ve had this baby for about two weeks now but have yet to settle on a name for him. i have two other cats at home named Church and [name_f]Bella[/name_f], and a cat who lives at my work who i’ve basically adopted named [name_m]Vladimir[/name_m].

i’d prefer to avoid any blatant three-legged puns (for instance, tripod) but subtler ones are okay (ie [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] after the patron saint of amputees haha)

i’ve considered [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_f]Indy[/name_f], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], as well as a family member’s suggestion of [name_m]Roman[/name_m] (which is one of my best friends’ names and thus out of the running). if he were a girl, he’d likely be called something along the lines of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f] or [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]

anything horror or halloween/autumn related is a plus! he’s very rambunctious, but also a cuddly sweetheart, and he loves to look at himself in the mirror

thanks in advance!

1 Like

He’s too cute!!!

I like all of the names that you thought of actually, & kind of think that [name_m]Silas[/name_m] is the most interesting. Whoever thought of a cat named [name_m]Silas[/name_m]? LOL. I like it.

Other suggestions:

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]/[name_m]Benji[/name_m]

[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]/[name_u]Dash[/name_u]

[name_m]George[/name_m]/[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]

[name_m]Henry[/name_m]/[name_m]Hank[/name_m]

[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]

[name_u]Ira[/name_u]

[name_m]Julius[/name_m]

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]-this is my favorite name if I ever get another cat. And this guy looks just like [name_m]Milo[/name_m] from [name_m]Milo[/name_m] & [name_m]Otis[/name_m]!

[name_m]Malachy[/name_m]

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]/[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]/[name_m]Nate[/name_m]

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

[name_m]Pip[/name_m]…[name_m]Philip[/name_m]/[name_m]Philipe[/name_m] nn [name_m]Pip[/name_m]

[name_m]Peter[/name_m]

[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

[name_m]Tucker[/name_m]

[name_m]William[/name_m]/[name_u]Billy[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

My first thought was [name_m]Ichabod[/name_m] after [name_m]Ichabod[/name_m] [name_m]Crane[/name_m] from the story of Sleepy Hollow. (In the TV show from a few years back he was even a ginger lol)

Some other ideas…
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] (like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] o Lantern)
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]/[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
Cinder
Howden (A type of pumpkin!)
[name_m]Mack[/name_m]
Patch
[name_m]Carver[/name_m]

He’s so cute! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] he has a home :slight_smile: I really like [name_u]Gus[/name_u] ([name_m]Augustus[/name_m] maybe)!

Other suggestions:
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

First of all, wow! You adopted a 3 legged cat. This is such a wonderful, compassionate thing to do. [name_f]My[/name_f] cat that passed , later in his life, we had to amputate his leg, and I’ll never forget him as long as I live. I still miss him so so much.

My first thought was [name_f]Spirit[/name_f].

• he seems ‘spirited’ and like her has lots of personality.l
  • kind of goes with halloween… all the spirits come out to haunt…

Benjamin, NN [name_m]Benji[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] - we used to have a very spirited orange cat named [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. I always felt like [name_f]Pippi[/name_f] Longstocking calling out for him. And then he’d come running down the stairs like a loud thunder, even though he was the tiniest thing.

Gideon
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] (on special occasions [name_m]Jack[/name_m] O’Lantern)
[name_m]Samwise[/name_m]
[name_u]Harvest[/name_u]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Eddie[/name_m]

I had a [name_m]Boston[/name_m] terrier named [name_m]Vladimir[/name_m]! I’ve never heard of another pet [name_m]Vlad[/name_m] :slightly_smiling_face: AND we have a little orange kitten, named [name_m]Ivan[/name_m]. I have a thing for Russian names.
With that in mind:
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_u]Yuri[/name_u]
[name_m]Dmitri[/name_m]
[name_u]Mischa[/name_u]
[name_m]Pavel[/name_m]
[name_u]Boris[/name_u]