Three options

What are your thoughts on the following names?

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] - is it okay for the last letter sound of the first name to run together with the first letter sound of the middle name?
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - yes, this is from [name]Little[/name] House on the [name]Prairie[/name], but perhaps it’s still okay to use?
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] - is [name]Ruth[/name] too plain for the beautiful [name]Lydia[/name]?

Each name is stunning. I hope that you have three daughters.

It isn’t ideal if you had [name]Alicia[/name] [name]Anna[/name] but your combos are all beautiful.

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] - there’s a little bit of overlap, but not so much that it becomes distracting. I like [name]Alice[/name] a lot - I’d probably use it if I didn’t already have a cousin [name]Alice[/name] - and you won’t use the middle name all the time

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] -frankly, I forgot that there was an [name]Eliza[/name] in [name]Little[/name] House at all. She’s such a minor character that I don’t think most people would make the connection.

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] - I like your other options better. It’s not that they don’t go together, but I don’t particularly care for the set.

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]: I love [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name], but not together due to the ssss sounds that cancel each other out. (But that’s just me!) :slight_smile:

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name]: [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is one of my favorite combinations in the world, and to me, the [name]Little[/name] House connection adds to its charm. :slight_smile:

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]: I love [name]Lydia[/name], and although [name]Ruth[/name] is older sounding, I still like it with [name]Lydia[/name].

From your list, I’m voting for [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name], with [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] in second place.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

More options

[name]Cecile[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Alicia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

I believe [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is fine, particularly if you’re just going to use [name]Eliza[/name] most of the time.

It’s funny I put because the other two each have contrast of two types of names: ‘sweet and simple’ (and for me not considered plain) and ‘lacy and lissome’. So [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] go better for me than [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] because both name fit into the same type and the rhythm.

It is so frustrating! I wrote a long post and it disappeared!
Okay, [name]Alice[/name] is one of my very faves, but I love it with:
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - [name]Alice[/name] means truth, [name]Eleanor[/name] means light

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is one of my fave name combos

[name]Love[/name]:
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Claudine[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Honor[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Kaye[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Maude[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Odette[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Olive[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Prudence[/name]

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] is my favorite

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] - they are both beautiful, but I’m afraid they do, in my opinion, run together too much …
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - I didn’t even think of [name]Little[/name] House on the [name]Prairie[/name], and I think it’s fine, as [name]Jane[/name] is a popular mn. If you’re worried you could always go with [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name], but I prefer the flow of [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] … (actually, it reminded my of Pride and Prejudice).
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] - I don’t think [name]Ruth[/name] is plain at all! It is a lovely classic, and [name]Lydia[/name] gives it that oomph it needs.

So I’m voting for [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]!

I like the sound of [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Miriam[/name], and [name]Susan[/name] gave a lot of beautiful suggestions.

Good luck!

I think [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] it a stunning name, and it is my favorite of the three. My next would be [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] which I think goes together wonderfully. The beautiful first name and the strong mn set each other off beautifully.
I think that [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name] are too similar to use together, after all, all of the letters in [name]Alice[/name] are in [name]Cecilia[/name]. However, both are great names.

I like [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] the most. My own daughter is [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] and I sometimes call her that and she also refers to herself that way if asked by a stranger .So two strong biblical names together can work beautifully.I’m kind of wishing I hadn’t used up [name]Lydia[/name] already because I’m currently trying to name my second daughter and am clueless.I adore the name [name]Lydia[/name]-such a vibrant rich sounding name .