Tic Toc!

So, I’m brand new to the [name_u]Berry[/name_u]–but I am seeking some input to help my wife and I land the name of our baby (girl) who will be arriving no later than [name_u]June[/name_u] 14th. Her sister is 3 1/2 and named “[name_u]Avery[/name_u]”…For some reason we are having a tough time landing this second name?! We like the name [name_u]Harper[/name_u] but we backed off as we lived in [name_u]London[/name_u] and we didn’t want to seem like we were sweating the [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]'s. Now back in the US and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] seems to be everywhere. “[name_u]River[/name_u]” and “[name_u]Harper[/name_u]” still seem to be our frontrunners with"[name_f]Adelyn[/name_f]" (mash up of the mum’s names) and “[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]” in the mix too. I also like “[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]” but my wife would need some swaying. We seem to like unisex names and fun sounding nicknames (at least to use in house). So here’s our current short list. Please help us land this plane–time is ticking and the fun is starting to wear off as I fear we have overthought this. But I really want to do right by this little girl. Our surname rhymes with raspberry “beret”.

[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] Nicknames: “Hops” “Roo”
[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] Nickname: “Riv”
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] Nickname: “Is”
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] Nickname: “[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]”

Thanks for your thoughts!:o

[name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] are lovely, I prefer them by a long shot, never mind the [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]'s - they weren’t the firsts to use the name. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is a longtime favorite name of mine. [name_u]Izzy[/name_u], Iso, Isn’t and [name_f]Bel[/name_f] could also be other fun nicknames.

I love your names! [name_u]Harper[/name_u] is a common name, but oh so sweet. I love that you’ve got nicknames picked out too! So sweet!! I’ll admit to really really loving [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f], it’s just so fresh and strong sounding! And don’t you worry, judging by how much thought you guys have put into her names, I’m more that positive that you will do right by your little girl :slight_smile:
Good luck and congrats! :slight_smile:

I don’t think you could go wrong with any of your choices. The only drawback to [name_u]Harper[/name_u] for me is the nn Hops. It’s an ingredient in certain types of beer, which was where my mind immediately went when I read that. If I heard it in reference to a little girl, I don’t think my mind would make the same connection; I’d probably just assume she liked the hop around. It’s just seeing it on paper that made my mind make the beer reference.

As for [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a diverse enough name that you and your partner could maybe come up with your own nicknames for her if you can’t convince your partner to like [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. My only complaint is that I don’t think prim and proper [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] matches very well with laid back and unisex [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] share too many of the same sounds for my taste.

All in all, I think [name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] sound the best together, with [name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] coming in a close second. Best of luck!

I like [name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] the best.
But I love [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] out of the combos. It’s so beautiful and sweet.
Out of all my children’s names, [name_u]River[/name_u] is probably the one we love the most, surprisingly. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s a middle, we use it probably just as much as his first.
I’d always recommend [name_u]River[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] the best.
But I love [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] out of the combos. It’s so beautiful and sweet.
Out of all my children’s names, [name_u]River[/name_u] is probably the one we love the most, surprisingly. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s a middle, we use it probably just as much as his first.
I’d always recommend [name_u]River[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I really like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]RIver[/name_u] :slight_smile: but all are nice.

Thx Vestiges, [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], & [name_f]Laila[/name_f] for your feedback and help! I agree with what you all said. & Vestige- I thought of that with Hops–but it’s so damn cute and fun to say haha! (maybe just Harps!) In the UK they don’t pronounce the R so much.

Also open to other names that you guys may know that are buried gems (or anyone else following this thread). I know you don’t know us–but who knows you may name our child:) Some of our criteria in no particular order so far has been. 1. [name_f]Do[/name_f] we like the sound of it and the look of it? 2. Is it overused? 3. Is it unique enough to stand apart- but not so much that she will always have to spell it or explain it-or be teased 4. [name_f]Do[/name_f] we have close friends for family that have a child with the name? 5. Not so trendy that it won’t stand the test of time–is it a classic? 5. [name_f]Do[/name_f] we know people with the name that carries a negative connotation? 6. Does it fit us and our vibe?—Maybe most importantly: 7. Have we not made it too much about us and had the vision to think about how it impacts her no matter what path she chooses in life? 8. [name_f]Do[/name_f] we have a peace about it?

Ok I’ll shut up now. Thanks everyone for giving your input–means a lot!

Thanks! I like this combo as well. [name_m]Just[/name_m] depends if we go really feminine or not? I like the feminine and unisex combo–but feel like with [name_u]River[/name_u] it’s a go big or go home name. All in or not? That’s what it feels like. But wanted to give her a fall back if she didn’t like it. Haha this is SO freaking hard!

[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] Nicknames: “Hops” “Roo” - [name_u]Harper[/name_u] is Everywhere now… very trendy name
[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] Nickname: “Riv” - Not my favorite, sounds very masculine to me compared to your other names
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] Nickname: “Is” - My favorite on your list
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] Nickname: “[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]” - Also a very popular name especially after the birth of the princess

What about these? (Unisex)
[name_u]Logan[/name_u] “Lo” and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u] “[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]” and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] “Kels” and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u] “[name_m]Ry[/name_m]” and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Shawna[/name_f] “[name_u]Shawn[/name_u]” and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u] “CiCi” and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]

More Feminine:
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] “[name_f]Lia[/name_f]” and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] “[name_f]Vivi[/name_f]” or “[name_m]Ian[/name_m]” and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]

Good luck!!

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

Some suggestions: [name_f]Layla[/name_f], [name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Hattie[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_u]Paris[/name_u], [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] or [name_f]Alexia[/name_f], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (perfect!), [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_u]Seren[/name_u], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] and [name_f]Erica[/name_f].

Of your list, I think [name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_u]River[/name_u] stand best beside big sis [name_u]Avery[/name_u].

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are beautiful names but seem to me to be a bit too demure and ladylike next to spunky, modern [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] is very popular, even trendy, at the moment I think (not this specific spelling, perhaps, but “[name_f]Adalynn[/name_f]” pllus all the other variants are way up there) - it feels to me like the [name_u]Madison[/name_u] of the moment. I understand that it’s an honour name for you and I think it’s a lovely idea, but if it were me I’d put it in the middle. Your combos suggest to me that you like it more as a middle name too.

I think both [name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_u]River[/name_u] would be great choices - the former if you want something a bit more universally feminine and familiar; the latter if you want to go more unisex and “out there”. Here are a few more suggestions which I think fall somewhere on that spectrum:

[name_u]Fifer[/name_u]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]/[name_f]Delphi[/name_f]
[name_f]Capri[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Anais[/name_f] (an-ah-EES)
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]

Thx all for your input! I think with clock ticking we are down to [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f] “Harps”, [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u], or [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f]. Haha at least we have a name to leave the hospital with. In the UK they give you 6wks. Unless another name shows up and steals it. Thanks again! Keep you posted what actually lands!

p.s. I like the suggested names from LailanotLilah of [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]:slight_smile: