Tiffany Julia?

What do you think of the name [name]Tiffany[/name] [name]Julia[/name]? My fiance really likes the name [name]Tiffany[/name] and I like the name [name]Julia[/name]. The name [name]Julia[/name] I read is of Portuguese origin. I’m half Portuguese and I think it would be nice to have part of my origin in a girl’s name.

To me [name]Tiffany[/name] is very “born in the 80’s” and has kind of stayed there. Its just very dated to my ears. Overall, its not a “bad” name…it just feels older.

I like [name]Julia[/name], but I like Juiliana even better :slight_smile:

[name]Do[/name] you both like any of these names? I chose these because something with each of them felt sort of like [name]Tiffany[/name] to me…at least to me :slight_smile:

[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Tillie[/name] (as a nn for [name]Matilda[/name]?)
[name]Emery[/name] (nn [name]Emmy[/name])
[name]Ashby[/name] ([name]Ashley[/name] has the same feel as [name]Tiffany[/name] and this is “updated” a bit)
[name]Bryony[/name] (nn [name]Bri[/name])
[name]Cambrie[/name] (nn [name]Cammie[/name])
[name]Colby[/name] (doesn’t feel like [name]Tiffany[/name] at all, but I found it and thought it was cute :slight_smile: )
[name]Coralie[/name] (nn [name]Cora[/name])
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name] (one of my FAVs!) (nn [name]Laney[/name])
[name]Elodie[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Holly[/name] (still feels dated, but a little less so. [name]Holly[/name] was [name]Audrey[/name] Hepburn’s “name” in Breakfast at [name]Tiffany[/name]'s :slight_smile: )
[name]Joely[/name] (I pronounce it [name]Joel[/name]-ie, but others say “[name]Jo[/name]-lee”)
[name]Kennedy[/name] (fairly popular)
[name]Livia[/name] (nn [name]Liv[/name] or [name]Livy[/name])
[name]Maevy[/name] (I just like it :slight_smile: )
[name]Marley[/name]
[name]Pacey[/name] (draws our minds to a time when a lot of [name]Tiffany[/name]'s were growing up…[name]Dawson[/name]'s Creek! Plus the name is cute! :slight_smile: )
[name]Phoebe[/name] (I just like it)
[name]Romilly[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Ruby[/name] (like gems at a [name]Tiffany[/name]'s store)
[name]Pearl[/name] (same)
[name]Gemma[/name] (same)
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name] (one of my new favs :slight_smile: )
[name]Whitley[/name] (love the subtle difference to the more common [name]Whitney[/name])
[name]Wylie[/name]

Some more Portugese names :slight_smile:
[name]Oliveria[/name]
[name]Tereza[/name]
[name]Ana[/name]
[name]Jacinda[/name]
[name]Paolina[/name] (I like this one :))
[name]Paoletta[/name] (this too!)

I’m not big on this. These are both first names for me. It’s very THERE. It’s too much. Use one now, one later is my vote. I can’t think of a good way to reconcile the two.

[name]Tiffany[/name]'s my cat :smiley:

[name]Tiffany[/name] is really, honestly pretty stale and (sorry!) kind of cheap. I would avoid it. [name]Julia[/name] has a good dose of style to it though…

I love the classic [name]Julia[/name], but as others have stated, [name]Tiffany[/name] is really dated and (I’ve got to be honest here…) quite trashy to me. I picture a [name]Tiffany[/name] chomping on bubble gum and sporting a kinky perm, big bangs, frosted lipstick, and a way-too-short mini-skirt.

[name]Tiffany[/name] [name]Julia[/name] also doesn’t flow very well to me, and the difference between the styles is too big.

I’m sorry! :frowning:

[name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Tiffany[/name]. Also don’t like [name]Crystal[/name] (similar style). But I love [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name].

As the mother of a [name]Julia[/name], I think it is a wonderful name. We have been so happy with our choice. I would use [name]Julia[/name] as the first name and pick a middle that matches [name]Julia[/name]'s style.

Good luck.

[name]Tiffany[/name] is too perky a name for my taste. I prefer [name]Julia[/name]; it sounds more professional.
Instead of [name]Tiffany[/name], would you consider [name]Stephanie[/name]? I know that strikes a lot of people as dated as well, but to me it is a much, much stronger name than [name]Tiffany[/name]. Or maybe you could go with [name]Julia[/name] [name]Tiffany[/name]?

[name]Julia[/name], by the way, is of Latin origin. Portuguese is a language descended from Latin.

I like [name]Beatrix[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Stephanie[/name]–it has a similar feel but has aged better.