Too different?

Currenty loving [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] for girls, but: are they too different to be sibling names?

With [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] I imagine a wild, free and adventurous girl with loose braids and always barefoot. With [name_f]Anna[/name_f] a girl who sits calmly by the fire, a book in one hand and tea in the other. What do you think?

[name_f]My[/name_f] opinion - No.

The more I say the 2, the more I love them together.

I guess in regards to sibling ‘rules’ many people have many opinions but I ask anyone…how similar should they be? [name_m]Just[/name_m] because at one point you choose a certain style does that mean you MUST stick to the same style for the next? I really don’t agree with this logic. Who is to say that your [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] isn’t the shy, crafty, quiet one anyway? 2 beautiful names that could fit any girl and definitely 2 sisters.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] + [name_f]Anna[/name_f] are very different. I would personally not pair them together however I think elective sibling sets are gorgeous. I love when you get sibling sets that are just names which people love over what stylistically works. Maybe [name_f]Anna[/name_f] wouldn’t feel as sparkly next to [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] however [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is sparkly in her own right. You could always go with a name that is more flamboyant in the middle slot something like [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Larkspur[/name_f] would be pretty.

2 Likes

Personally, I feel like they are fairly different, but they sound absolutely amazing together! I think that the different style names honestly gives more personality to each of them!

1 Like

I think so, unfortunately,as I like the un-fussiness of both names. I have a friend Anna whose sister’s name is Indi@ and she’s conveyed a few times how she wishes her parents had been more adventurous with her name as well. And I think especially if Anna is eldest, it does subconsciously add to role expectations and personalities. These sisters get along very well so no major drama, just not the best idea, to me. (Though, unhelpfully, I do agree with the above that they enhance each other as a set, am thinking more of family goodwill.)

How about (with Vesper):

Anouk
Astrid
Aurora
Agnes
Iris
Inès
Beatrix
Francine
Celeste
Imogen
Paloma
Willow
Lydia
Kyrie
Odette

Or, with Anna:

Valerie
Tabitha
Celeste
Mary
Eve
Faye
Rose
Nancy
Phoebe
Harriet
Marion
Martha
Violet
Vera
Bridget
Jemima

2 Likes

They are very different but I have met sibsets like this! Siblings are separate people after all :person_shrugging:

They are both lovely names - but my doubt is that [name_f]Anna[/name_f] could feel her name isn’t special enough or [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] may want a ‘normal’ name?

Still, I think they could work and they sound good together - though I do like @tori101’s idea of choosing middles to balance them out?

3 Likes

They’re very different.

If I heard of siblings called [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] I might assume that either [name_f]Anna[/name_f] was named after a relative while [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] was the parents’ actual taste in names, or that [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] chose her own name.

But that doesn’t mean it’s wrong. People here worry too much about whether sibling names sound good together. They don’t have to, [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] would be two separate people with separate identities.

2 Likes

They are very different but they don’t seem incompatible. I don’t know why, but I can “picture” a [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] sibset without it being too unusual. Also, as others have said, they will be completely separate individuals anyway. They’ll spend more time as independent adults than they will as a “sibset” as children.

1 Like

For whatever reason, I feel like [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] + [name_f]Ana[/name_f] (ah-nah) works a lot better than [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] + [name_f]Anna[/name_f] (ann-ah)

[name_f]Ana[/name_f] seems to have a darker and more medieval feel. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is too country/sunshiney too go with [name_f]Vesper[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think with a pair this different there is potential for either child to feel shortchanged / envious of the other name.

1 Like

I think they’re very different, but also sound nice together! I think I prefer [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] and [name_f]Annika[/name_f] or [name_f]Vera[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or something like that, but if you’re set on [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f], I’d say give [name_f]Anna[/name_f] a more adventurous middle name and give [name_f]Vesper[/name_f] a solid classic middle.

1 Like