Too horror...?

Is [name_f]Amity[/name_f] too Amityville horror?
I’m not into horror and have never watched or read this but even I know the connection… does the name [name_f]Amity[/name_f] just immediately make you think of it? Would it make other people in ten years think of it? Help!

1 Like

I do think of it :frowning:

1 Like

No. The name [name_f]Amity[/name_f] makes me think of friendship & harmony more than that but I’ve also never heard of Amityville horror before.

1 Like

I think of The [name_u]Owl[/name_u] House, when I hear [name_f]Amity[/name_f] now. Not too horror at all imo.

5 Likes

You know, I probably wouldn’t even use this irl for a kid anyway because it’s quite similar to my name and I don’t want to seem conceited :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Amity makes me think of friendship and goodwill, but I’m not into horror, and the association isn’t strong for me. I also think the association will fade.

2 Likes

I think of friendship first. I would name the movie if asked to name associations, but I think it is a lovely and usable name.

1 Like

Same here!

3 Likes

I’ve never even heard of Amityville.

1 Like

I know a little [name_f]Amity[/name_f], and I’ve never thought of the horror. Although, when I told my sister about [name_f]Amity[/name_f] the first thing she said was “Someone named their child after Amityville?!”, So I suppose a few people might make the connection.

2 Likes

Not too much, though there is also the Jaws connection (it takes place on [name_f]Amity[/name_f] Island). I think [name_f]Amity[/name_f] on its own is just fine!

1 Like

I’m not into horror so that isn’t an association that comes to mind, but my first association is always the [name_f]Amity[/name_f] fraction from Divergent.

2 Likes

I’m a big horror fan and have seen the film a few times, but I wouldn’t have made that connection unless you brought it up. I think you’ll be just fine!

1 Like

I like that. It reminds me of [name_f]Calamity[/name_f]. I’ve never watched Amityville so I don’t think anyone will think of unless they are horror fans I think you"ll be fine.

1 Like

I live around the area so just think of the town, but I think most people would associate it with the movie, yes.

1 Like

I don’t make that connection, but when I hear [name_f]Amity[/name_f], I think of the faction in Divergent.

2 Likes

I don’t think of the horror film. It’s a pretty name, I really like it. No associations, besides obviously the friendship/peace meaning. (:

1 Like

I’ve never heard of it so i don’t think of horror

I love [name_f]Amity[/name_f]!

1 Like

my first thought too. I adore the name though!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought of Amityville if you hadn’t mentioned it. I think it’s completely usable.

1 Like