Too made up?

We’re considering Colson for a boy.
Brother to [name]Patrick[/name] (family name)

It is actually a combo of my first and maiden names: ni[name]COLE[/name] …sen

Its not in my baby name books. Is it “too” made up?
Does it go ok with [name]Patrick[/name]?
Any thoughts welcome!

It has a trendy sound and is very similar to [name]Colton[/name], so I don’t think you’d get any crazy looks with Colson, but here’s something on the name:

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I think it does have the trendy vibe…but I still like it. It is different but would definitely fit in with all the boys names that have the -son ending ([name]Jackson[/name], [name]Greyson[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], etc). I like the meaning behind it, and [name]Cole[/name] would be a great nickname (if you wanted to use one).

I think it sounds very nice with [name]Patrick[/name]! [name]Patrick[/name] and Colson. [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Cole[/name]. I like it.
[name]Do[/name] you have any ideas for a middle name? I would try to use something more “classic/traditonal” along the lines of Colson [name]James[/name], Colson [name]Matthew[/name], etc. Having a classic and timeless middle name will help “de-trendify” and balance out the first name.

My cousin has a little boy named Colson and I [name]LOVE[/name] it! They already had two sons with -son at the end of their name, and were determined not to do it again with the third, and saw Colson on a jersey (I forget what sport even), and fell in love.

I think it is ten times as cute as the popular [name]Carson[/name]. It does sound odd at first, if you’ve never heard it before, but with [name]Cole[/name], [name]Colton[/name], and [name]Carson[/name] all being fairly common names, Colson isn’t some kind of outlandish out-there name.

VERY awesome!

I actually heard the name Colson for the first time a couple months ago. A co-worker has a son named Colson. I believe it was in a baby name book. I did try to look up the meaning on another name site but it didn’t come up.
I think it’s an interesting name. Definitely not something you hear everyday. I like the nn [name]Cole[/name].

I know a Colson who is 16. I think it’s a great, very strong name that would set him apart but not be “weird.” I would go for it!

I love the name Colson! [name]Patrick[/name] and Colson or [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Cole[/name]! (: i love it they sound great together , and i agree with the others i promise you it is not weird. (:

We had a boy, and we did name him Colson [name]Donald[/name]. ([name]Donald[/name] being a family name).
He was born on [name]April[/name] 7th, weighing in at 8 lbs 6 oz.
Thanks for the advice! We have had great feedback so far!

[name]Nicole[/name], [name]Fred[/name] & brother [name]Patrick[/name]