Too many G's?

We finally settled on [name]Georgia[/name] for the first name of our daughter due next month, which honors my husband’s grandfather, [name]George[/name]. We have gone thru a long, long list of middle possibilities, and there are many that I like. But my husband’s favorite for a long time has been [name]Grace[/name]. I disagreed totally at first and didn’t even think of it for a long time until he recently brought it up again. I know it’s a “filler” name to most nameberries, but it has actually grown on me, and I think it flows well…[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] White. But what do you think? Too many G’s? Too “filler name”? On the upside I think it would look great as a monogram…ha!

I like [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grace[/name], if you and your husband love [name]Grace[/name] then I don’t think it’s too much a ‘filler’ and there’s the option of the really cute nickname: [name]Gigi[/name]!

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is lovely! I don’t think it’s too many G’s at all. You’ve actually managed to do something quite lovely with the alliteration, because the G sounds in [name]Georgia[/name] are distinctly different from the G in [name]Grace[/name], so it doesn’t sound tongue-twistery. And I agree with the pp, [name]Gigi[/name] could be a great nickname! I personally don’t find [name]Grace[/name] too filler in the middle. It’s used a lot, but it’s pretty and simple and will never go out of style.

Also, I’m totally with you on the monogramming thing! My Godson’s name is [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Hall[/name] Lastname and I love getting him little monogramed presents because they look so cute!

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I think [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is lovely!

Good luck!

I love [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]! [name]Grace[/name] is kind of a filler name, but with [name]Georgia[/name] it sounds so sweet and it’s not nearly as epidemic as [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Marie[/name]. And there’s definitely not too many g’s- [name]Grace[/name] is a hard g and the ones in [name]Georgia[/name] might as well be j’s. Go for it!

Beautiful! If it were [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or something like that it’d be a little g/j heavy, but the soft g/hard j combo is nice!

*I meant soft g/hard g. =)

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is beautiful! I was about to point out the great monogram, but I see you already noticed! You must be from the South. :slight_smile:

I think it’s just the right amount of G’s! :smiley:

It really is a beautiful combination.

Thanks everyone! Yes, I am from the South lol. I don’t really have a lot of things monogrammed but since I’ve been pregnant EVERYONE is constantly asking me her name and initials so they can get monogrammed gifts! I prefer to tell them we haven’t totally decided yet, then when she is born everyone will find out. It seems easier that way, and I don’t have to hear a lot of comments/suggestions. :wink:

I had already been calling her [name]Gigi[/name] since we decided on [name]Georgia[/name], and now it seems even more perfect for [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]! Thanks again!

I love [name]Georgia[/name] – and [name]Grace[/name] is great with it! In this case, I do NOT believe [name]Grace[/name] is a “filler” name because you honestly prefer it after doing your homework and considering your options. In my mind, a “filler” name only applies in situations where parents paste in a common middle name without much thought or meaning behind it because it seems cutesy or just the thing to do. [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is a wonderful choice!