Too many syllables?

[name]Hi[/name] all! I am thinking of naming our baby girl [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]. Our last name is two syllables and starts with a hard “C” sound. Is this too much of a name? We would call her either [name]Alex[/name] or [name]Allie[/name], so it’s not like we would be yelling [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] at the playground. Thanks!!

Not at all. The names are both very pretty classics, and they flow well together, despite the length. Like you say, you very rarely use a child’s middle name in real life, so the length will not be an issue. My first and middle names have a total of eight syllables, and I have never had a problem with them, or fitting them onto forms.

I really like [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]! I don’t think it’s too much at all.

I think its great, especially since the two names “go” well together, and you have a shorter last name!

As has already been pointed out (but can never be said enough times), you won’t actually be using the full nine syllables most of the time.