Too many things wrong with this name?

[name]Hi[/name]!
I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the name [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Louise[/name]. I like it, but I’m not sure about a few things:

• My last name starts with an “S.” The initials would actually be ALS, but if the middle name was removed the initials could be unfortunate.
  • I’m not sure how I feel about using a hyphen in a first name, but I can’t do them as first, middle for the reason above and I do not want more than one middle name.
  • Are the names all too common/simple? All 3 are family names. I don’t HAVE to use family names, but my boys both have family names.

I like it! Very pretty name. But you might be right about the initials thing.

My daughter’s ame is [name]Sofia[/name] [name]Louise[/name], born [name]August[/name] 2nd. So I think the name is very pretty. Family names for us too. And I agree you need something to make sure her initials don’t spell A.S… :slight_smile:

I think it’s really beautiful. I love [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Louise[/name] flows really well with it. Since the initials will be ALS, I think you’ll be okay. When it comes to teasing, kids go for the obvious and switching or adding an initial would be too much effort. [name]Just[/name] be sure to make it clear to people that [name]Sophia[/name] is part of the first name and not a middle name, otherwise there could be some unfortunate monogramming.

Congratulations! She has a beautiful name!

We were going to name our son [name]Autumn[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] nn [name]Attie[/name] if he had been a girl. I think hypenated names are totally acceptable as long as you make sure people realize it’s one name. My [name]MIL[/name] kept saying ‘I think [name]Autumn[/name] is a lovely name’ and we were like, ‘Thanks but her name is [name]Autumn[/name]-[name]CLAIRE[/name]. One word. You can’t just call her [name]Autumn[/name].’ WE had to drive the point home a million times. You can’t rely on others to pick it up on their own. Good thing he was a boy! lol.

I love [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Louise[/name]! Hyphen and all.

But… yes, the initials are a problem. Not just because of teasing - sooner or later, someone will write her initials the wrong way by accident, on a team t-shirt or church bulletin or such, to the embarassment of everyone involved.

If you’re open to variations, may I suggest [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Anne[/name] [name]Louise[/name]? There’s also a Polish version of [name]Sophia[/name] that starts with a different letter: [name]Zofia[/name].

To play off of Mamusia’s idea, maybe you could spell it [name]Onna[/name]-[name]Sophia[/name]? It changes the pronunciation slightly but it’s still very beautiful.

And even further along those lines, how about [name]Hannah[/name]-[name]Sophia[/name]? [name]Hannah[/name] is related to [name]Anna[/name], and it can also be spelled [name]Hanna[/name] or [name]Hana[/name] if you prefer.

I agree with mamusia’s suggestion: [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Anne[/name] [name]Louise[/name] sounds amazing!

I think [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is beautiful, but are you planning on using [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Sophia[/name] as the first name all the time? If you’re planning on calling her [name]Anna[/name], I’d rethink the hyphen. To me, the hyphen means that both names are used.
I wouldn’t worry too much about the initials. I’ve known people with initials like LSD, and it really wasn’t a big deal. I’ve heard of people with ASS initials, and while it’s not ideal, it certainly doesn’t ruin their lives or anything.