Too Much Name?

I’ve got a list of girls’ names that are different. None are popular where I live (US), and all have sounds/meanings that I like. I do worry that some are over the top, even though all are three syllables. I would love to get outside opinion on these names; too much name for a girl? Or just the right amount of offbeat?

Mazarine
[name]Ambrosia[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Delphina[/name]
[name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Cressida[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
Adiel
[name]Sigourney[/name], possible nn [name]Signy[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name]

What do you think? :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] my opinions. :slight_smile: Good luck naming!

Mazarine-Never heard it, but I really like it! Maza (mah-zah) could be a cute nickname.
[name]Ambrosia[/name]-Too much name [name]IMO[/name].
[name]Coraline[/name]-I like it.
[name]Eugenie[/name]-Not my favorite but it’s fine.
[name]Odelia[/name]-I think this is okay.
[name]Delphina[/name]-I love this!
[name]Cosima[/name]-Okay
[name]Cressida[/name]-Meh
[name]Saskia[/name]-[name]Love[/name] it!
Adiel-Okay
[name]Sigourney[/name], possible nn [name]Signy[/name]-Cute!
[name]Ottilie[/name]-Cute!

Most of them are nice. Mazarine does look like Margarine to me though.

Thank you for your responses, I would love to hear more opinions!

Does anyone know someone by any of these names? :slight_smile:

Mazarine - makes me think mezzanine, which isn’t necessarily a bad association. I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either.
[name]Ambrosia[/name] - I feel like the inherit nn for this would be [name]Amber[/name], which I’m not crazy about.
[name]Coraline[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! [name]Cora[/name] is adorable too!!
[name]Eugenie[/name] - Not really a fan of the feminine versions of distinctly ([name]IMO[/name]) male names, i.e. [name]Roberta[/name], [name]Thomasina[/name], etc.
[name]Odelia[/name] - pronounced like [name]Ophelia[/name]? Not really a fan.
[name]Delphina[/name] - [name]Do[/name] like this one, again not crazy about potential nn of [name]Delphie[/name]…but I guess it would be cute.
[name]Cosima[/name] - I always think of the Spanish word for kitchen ‘cocina’ whenever I see [name]Cosima[/name]. Again, not necessarily a bad association…but it’s nms.
[name]Cressida[/name] - I like Cressenda better.
[name]Saskia[/name] - Not sure about this one…pronounced like Sass-kia?
Adiel - [name]How[/name] do you pronounce this one?
[name]Sigourney[/name], possible nn [name]Signy[/name] - [name]Weaver[/name]? That’s an automatic association. And for whatever reason, it seems kind of masculine to me. Not sure why…
[name]Ottilie[/name] - This one could definitely grow on me!

[name]Coraline[/name] has to be my favorite, by far. :slight_smile:

I know a [name]Cressida[/name] and she loves her name!

I like/love all of them, but [name]Ambrosia[/name]. I just think of [name]Ambrosia[/name] salad. Sorry.

Frenchie (a poster on here) has a daughter named Mazarine and its my favorite from your list.

I really like Mazarine as well – I think a cute nn would be Mazzy/Mazzie! :slight_smile:

I like most of the names on your list and I love [name]Ottilie[/name], [name]Delphina[/name], [name]Cosima[/name], [name]Saskia[/name] and [name]Eugenie[/name].
The only ones I don’t care for are [name]Cressida[/name], and Adiel.
Ambrosia might be a bit much, but I really like Ambrosine as it grounds the name a bit more.

[name]Saskia[/name] is my favourite – it’s beautiful! I know a [name]Saskia[/name] and she gets Sassy as a nickname, though Sasky would work just as well.

I do like all the others (except [name]Ambrosia[/name]) but I think [name]Saskia[/name] would be be the easiest to wear.

I like [name]Saskia[/name] the best

I’m crossing off [name]Ambrosia[/name], [name]Eugenie[/name] (PN issues), Adiel, and [name]Odelia[/name].

I love Mazarine, [name]Cosima[/name], [name]Delphina[/name], [name]Cressida[/name], and [name]Ottilie[/name].

I’m still unsure of [name]Saskia[/name] (too hissy with the double s?) and [name]Sigourney[/name]. And I’m unsure of Coraline, because I have a cousin who is Caroline…I only see her once or twice a year, but still.

Thanks berries!

I love [name]Coraline[/name] and [name]Cressida[/name] a lot. I adore [name]Ambrose[/name] for a boy but am not crazy about [name]Ambrosia[/name] for a girl.
The rest of your list is nms but they are all completely usable. No worries.

I say AWESOME! I love names that might cause some to think “too much name.” I don’t think yours are really over the top. I think they’re just right to give some romance and uniqueness to the child’s name!

Mazarine-this sounds like a character you would find in a children’s story. Which is a positive association! I like it, it’s very unique.
[name]Ambrosia[/name]-I really don’t care for this name.
[name]Coraline[/name]-I really like this!
[name]Eugenie[/name]-I’m never sure exactly how to pronounce this name. I like it though it does make me think of the [name]Princess[/name].
[name]Odelia[/name]-I’m not sure how I feel about this name. I don’t love or hate it.
[name]Delphina[/name]-this name feels like a little much
[name]Cosima[/name]-this name is growing on me. It’s very cute!
[name]Cressida[/name]-not a fan
[name]Saskia[/name]-I love this name!
Adiel-not crazy about this
[name]Sigourney[/name]-I like [name]Signy[/name] (though I prefer spelling [name]Signe[/name]) and if you were going to use it as a nn I would say just use it as the first name
[name]Ottilie[/name]-I like this, especially with nickname [name]Tillie[/name]

[name]Saskia[/name] is my favorite!