Too much?

See the results of this poll: Wilder Owen Taylor Smith? What do you think?

Respondents: 34 (This poll is closed)

• Love it! Definitely use it! : 2 (6%)
  • 2 : 2 (6%)
  • 3 : 2 (6%)
  • 4 : 8 (24%)
  • 5 : 4 (12%)
  • 6 : 2 (6%)
  • 7 : 6 (18%)
  • 8 : 4 (12%)
  • 9 : 0 (0%)
  • Don’t do this to your child…: 4 (12%)

That’s a lot of name! But really, how often does anyone call someone by their full name (especially boys)? So if you like it, go for it. I really like [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Owen[/name] together, it sounds nice.

I think I’m being thrown by the fact that all four names can be considered last names and that’s why I don’t think they work together.

[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Owen[/name] [name]Smith[/name] would just about work, but I don’t like [name]Taylor[/name] in there as well. It might also be because [name]Wilder[/name] and [name]Taylor[/name] end in a similar sound. There’s also the fact that [name]Wilder[/name], [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Taylor[/name] are all 2 syllables and so the flow is off.

All of my boy combo’s have two middle names but they have different number of syllables and therefore flow nicely together [name]IMO[/name], e.g. [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Beau[/name] as the syllable count of 2-3-1 and [name]Jude[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Milo[/name] has 1-3-2 count. Whereas your combo is 2-2-2-1.

Sounds good to me. Name nerds make a big deal about middle names but many don’t care. Think about it, outside of family and close friends, how many people’s middles do you know?

My son and my hubby both have two middle names, and I don’t see anything wrong with it because for us it is a family tradition.

My issue with the names you have chosen is that it kind of reminds me of the old rhyme [name]Tinker[/name] [name]Tailor[/name], because [name]Taylor[/name] and [name]Smith[/name] are both occupational names. Maybe that is just me though.

It sounds like a law firm. I am not a fan of two middle names in general - they will almost never be used and can cause headaches in filling out paperwork, monogramming etc. I’d stick to one, maybe you can use the other for a future child.

I love the idea of two middle names, but I think altering the number of syllables would help here. Having three names w/ two syllables and the same pattern of stressing the first syllable on all three (sorry, forgetting what that’s called), is a bit much. My vote would be to either drop [name]Taylor[/name], or expand [name]Owen[/name] or [name]Taylor[/name] to a longer name. [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Owen[/name] is really nice though. :slight_smile:

I myself have two middle name, so does all of my siblings and my mother. I don’t see anything wrong with it at all. BUT…[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Owen[/name] [name]Taylor[/name] doesn’t sound like a name combination, it sounds like a list of names.

[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Smith[/name] is a cool name. Most people will never know he has two middles, or care…So I say, suit yourself.

[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Owen[/name] is really handsome! My problem with the combo is mainly that it’s three two-syllable names in a row. I don’t find that particularly appealing, it just sounds very monotonous to me, but I think something like [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Owen[/name] [name]Smith[/name] sounds fine. Maybe something like [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Elias[/name] [name]Taylor[/name]? That just flows better to me. Or [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Taylor[/name]?

Good luck!