Too out there? Wavy/Wavey/Wavie

Wavy isn’t my thing, personally.

I’d second the recommendations of [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], and [name_u]Winslow[/name_u]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] something like [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] could lead to the nickname Wavy.

2 Likes

It’s quite a cute nickname, but I’d find a longer formal name. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] or [name_u]Haven[/name_u]?

Agree with the many others who aren’t fans. It’s too cutesy and too out there. When picking a name, I always think about what it’s going to sound and look like as an adult and Wavie/Wavy/Wave (however you spell it) won’t age well.

I’m going to go against the grain and say that Wavie is usable. I love the names [name_f]Peach[/name_f] and [name_f]Honey[/name_f], so if anything this one feels tame :wink: in all honesty, it’s simple, pretty, and sounds similar to names like [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_u]Haven[/name_u] and [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]. If you are hours away (from having her I assume) then take the list of [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and Wavie with you and see which one feels right. I’m a big proponent of using the name you truly love. and if you couldn’t tell, Wavie is my preferred spelling but I think all three work.

to my ears, Wavie [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is spunky and sweet, and Wavie [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful and well-rounded.

good luck :two_hearts:

1 Like

Sorry but Wavey is too out there for me. I like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] or [name_f]Winnie[/name_f].

2 Likes

I like it! Very cute. But it does seem like a nickname for [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] to me. I don’t know if that’s an issue for you, since you hate the name [name_u]Waverly[/name_u].
I love [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] too.

1 Like

Wavy [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is cute! I have wondered about Wavy before, so for me this one is not something too out there. Wavy gives me very calming imagery. I like it!

Good luck!

I think Wavie sounds and looks cute, but when I say it with [name_f]Jane[/name_f] sounds too descriptive for me personally. Makes me think of someone that waves all the time! Having said that, you get used to names after a while and I think once people knew her they wouldn’t think anything of it. Would you consider Navey?

I think you might live to regret ‘Wavy’. I can’t picture her being taken seriously, or growing up to appreciate being named Wavy. I just picture some poor woman in a serious job interview, having to introduce herself as ‘Wavy’, or her becoming a judge or something, and it being ‘[name_m]Judge[/name_m] Wavy’. Sorry :joy:

Have you thought about [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Wilma[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Wanda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], or even Wisteria Jane? [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is also a lovely middle name, and I really like [name_u]Wren[/name_u], but I think I prefer it as a middle name, ie; [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

Best of luck x

Sorry, I’m not a fan of Wavy. But I do think [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is beautiful.

I know an adult woman (50+) named Wavey. She wears it well. It wouldn’t be my favorite name but I don’t think it’s too odd if you love it!

@lmg1988 Welcome!

@Carli1987 [name_f]Wava[/name_f], pronounced Wah-va or Wave-ah, is the Slavic form of [name_f]Barbara[/name_f]. [name_f]Wava[/name_f] nickname Wavy/Wavey/Wavie could work.