Too ridiculous?

No, not ridiculous. I’m one of eight kids (pure chaos!) and as I’ve said on here before, the youngest in our family regularly expresses his wish that my parents had gone through with plans for his name to be First “Last” Surname and not wussed our last minute. In other words, use the middle “Last”. This would have been a joke name and even then it would have made him so chuffed and happy to have it. Kids love effort and thought put into their name so it feels specially chosen for them. I think Octavia/n (not a joke name) would be so lovely and cherished by your child, up into adulthood.

1 Like

I love it! Octavia/Octavian is a great name and fits your family subtly but perfectly.

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] is so elegant! I think it’s not ridiculous, but a very lovely connection to her siblings instead. :blush: [name_m]Octavian[/name_m] is very cool and feels super unique! :blush:

I think it’s a lovely idea, not ridiculous at all.

i think it’s totally fine - smth people won’t even notice, and i loveee octavia / octavian

That’s literally the original purpose of the name [name_m]Octavian[/name_m]. Then it just became a name like any other. [name_f]Do[/name_f] be warned, people’s impression of your child will be at least partially shaped by their impression of [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_m]Caesar[/name_m], for better or worse, at least until they know them.

I love it!

I love when people use names that fit with the child. Like month names. I get some people will avoid a month name if their child is due that month but for me it seems so weird so a child named [name_m]August[/name_m] who’s born in [name_f]December[/name_f].

I also think it’s a sweet loving nod to your child who has passed because you’re still honouring their place

I say go for it!! It’s the perfect opportunity and you love the names so all the signs are pointing to yes!