Too Trendy?

My baby is due in [name]June[/name] and we have the following names picked out but I am worried that my first picks for a boy and girl are too trendy. Let me know what you think and let me know which ones you like best:

Boys:

1. [name]Mason[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
  2. [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
  3. [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
  4. [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]

Girls:

1. [name]Harper[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
  2. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Harper[/name]
  3. [name]Colette[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
  4. [name]Lily[/name] [name]Harper[/name]

Thanks!!!

[name]Mason[/name] and [name]Dylan[/name] feel VERY trendy to me. [name]Nicholas[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name] feel more like modern classics. I’d go with [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name].

[name]Harper[/name] is probably one of THE trendiest names for a girl right now. [name]Isla[/name] is working on becoming trendy and [name]Lily[/name] is mega popular. I’d go with [name]Colette[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Colette[/name] is beautiful and very underused!

Faves

[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]

[name]Colette[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Harper[/name]

If you stick to the more classic/traditional choices (see above) you will be choosing names that are timeless and age well. For boys, [name]Mason[/name] and [name]Dylan[/name] would be more “trendy” than [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Nicholas[/name]. I would advise you to stay away from names that appear out of nowhere and become “dated” to a certain period of time. [name]Harper[/name] is quite trendy for girls. [name]Isla[/name] is starting to pick up steam but I don’t find it as “trendy” as [name]Harper[/name].

I already commented on your girls’ thread, so I’ll just comment on the boys’ names. To me, [name]Mason[/name] is really trendy–it’s absolutely everywhere here. [name]Lucas[/name] feels the same, even though it is a bit more classic, thanks to the Biblical [name]Luke[/name]. I agree with @agirlinred that [name]Nicholas[/name] is a modern classic–it’s my favorite, too. I absolutely love the idea of [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], very handsome. I love [name]Cole[/name] as a nn for it, too.

[name]Dylan[/name] I’m not sure what to do with. I like the literary association ([name]Dylan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] the poet), but it seems to have shot up in popularity in the last decade or so so it probably is trendy, but it also seems enduring to me. [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] would be my second choice. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I like [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]. These, to me, aren’t awfully trendy, and have a nice flow to them.

With the exception of [name]Nicholas[/name] and [name]Colette[/name], I think they’re all a bit trendy, but not unusable. [name]Mason[/name] is definitely the most trendy of the boys and for girls it’s probably a tie between [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Harper[/name]. My list, in order of preference:

1. [name]Nicholas[/name]

2. [name]Lucas[/name]

3. [name]Mason[/name]- Not really a fan of this because it’s very trendy. It’s like occupational surname meets the Aidans.

4. [name]Dylan[/name]- No reason, just not my taste. I’ve never liked it and I don’t know why.

5. [name]Colette[/name]-absolutely gorgeous

6. [name]Lily[/name]

7. [name]Harper[/name]

8. [name]Isla[/name]- this is the only girl’s name I really don’t like. Like [name]Dylan[/name], there’s really no particular reason, it’s just not my taste.

Let me know what you think and let me know which ones you like best:

Boys:

1. [name]Mason[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]–I’ve known 2 darling little Masons in my life, so I may be biased, but I really like this name. [name]Love[/name] the nns Mase/Masey, too.
  2. [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]–[name]Nicholas[/name] is indeed a popular name, but also a very classic one. Personally, I know a lot of people with this name, and I’m a little tired of trying to keep them all straight!!
  3. [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]–Again, I may be biased as I am a huge [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] fan and also have a baby cousin named [name]Dylan[/name]. I love this name.
  4. [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]–I think [name]Lucas[/name] is a beautiful classic. I recently happened upon the spelling [name]Loucas[/name], which I thought interesting.

Girls:

1. [name]Harper[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]–I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]. Having said that, I don’t like [name]Harper[/name]. I used to, but it’s become so trendy, and all I can think of is the name of that irritating character from that Wizards Disney [name]Channel[/name] show.
  2. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Harper[/name]–Again, [name]Harper[/name] is NMS. I do like [name]Isla[/name], however.
  3. [name]Colette[/name] [name]Rose[/name]–It’s pkay. [name]Rose[/name] is definitely NMS, but there’s something that bothers me about the flow of this name.
  4. [name]Lily[/name] [name]Harper[/name]–I love the name [name]Lily[/name]–it’s one of those names that is so pretty [name]IMO[/name] that I don’t care how popular it is.

[name]Just[/name] my two cents–best of luck!!

Thanks!!!

[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Colette[/name] [name]Rose[/name], most beautiful names!
I’ve had a thing for the name [name]Nicolette[/name], but you’ve introduced me to a new favorite. I’m currently due in 14 weeks with a baby boy, but we started desiring a girl next!

Boys:

1. [name]Mason[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] - my favorite of your choices! I love the name [name]Mason[/name], I’ve only ever met one before even though it’s supposedly really popular right now? My best friend wants to name her future son [name]Mason[/name] :slight_smile:
  2. [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] - would be my 3rd pick, I grew up with 2 [name]Nicholas[/name]’ and my df’s MN is [name]Nicholas[/name] but other than that I don’t know any
  3. [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] - not my favorite…and when I worked in daycare we had 4 [name]Dylan[/name]'s at one time, and my cousin’s SS is [name]Dylan[/name]
  4. [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] - I love the name [name]Lucas[/name], I’ve only known 1 before, this would be my 2nd choice :slight_smile:

Girls:

1. [name]Harper[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] - [name]Harper[/name] is cute, and I’ve never met any
  2. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Harper[/name] - [name]Isla[/name] is not my fave, but I think it’s mostly because I really don’t know how it is supposed to be pronounced
  3. [name]Colette[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - [name]Colette[/name] is cute, but for me I wouldn’t want anyone picking up on the NN [name]Cole[/name] for a girl…
  4. [name]Lily[/name] [name]Harper[/name] - [name]Lily[/name] is really popular where I live, but it’s still a very pretty name :slight_smile:

Good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] would be my easy choice for longest-wearing least-trendy of the boys.

I really [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Lily[/name] but it IS trendy (which kills me). Unless you can be convinced to move [name]Maeve[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] to the FN I sort of think all the first names are trendy except for [name]Colette[/name].

[name]Lily[/name] and [name]Mason[/name] seem to be fairly popular right now, and [name]Harper[/name] is the only one that feels sort of trendy, but since my daughter is [name]Piper[/name], who and I to talk?

My favourites are 1. [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] 2. [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and 1. [name]Colette[/name] [name]Rose[/name] 2. [name]Harper[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]