Top 25 for Baby Boy Bao Bucket

Ignatius or [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] are my picks. [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] looks and sounds like nicoderm. [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m] is cool.

1 Like

I think [name_m]Octavio[/name_m] is my favourite, I love that it shares the -io ending with your older boys names. I also really love [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] and [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] for you!

The only one that doesnā€™t feel very you is [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], because it feels more pedestrian than the names you usually like!

1 Like

What strikes me most about your sonsā€™ names is that they are weighty and highly unusual but still well-established and vaguely familiar. Several names on this list are brand new to me (even being a name nerd for so long), so they donā€™t give off that well-established vibe even if they have history (e.g. [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m], [name_m]Sholto[/name_m], [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]). Others feel almost tame or casual in relation to your boysā€™ first names, even as much as I love them (e.g. [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_f]Jade[/name_f]).

These are the names I think best fit your style and the sibset, straddling the familiar/unusual line well:

-[name_u]Constantine[/name_u]
-[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
-[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
-[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
-[name_m]Octavio[/name_m]
-Rubeus
-[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
-[name_m]Thelonious[/name_m]
-[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]

Anyway, thatā€™s my consideration for first names only. Any on your list would work beautifully for a middle!

2 Likes

I like:
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] (but feels a bit safe perhaps)
[name_u]Constantine[/name_u]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] ([name_m]Lucien[/name_m] too, but I prefer [name_m]Lucius[/name_m])
[name_m]Nicodem[/name_m]
[name_m]Octavio[/name_m]
Rubeus
[name_m]Scipio[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] (though this feels almost too much, especially with the ou spelling)
[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]

I canā€™t see these with your boysā€™ names (whether I like them or not):
[name_m]Benoit[/name_m], [name_m]Hercule[/name_m] (feels too french. also comes w/ a lot of pronunciation issues)
[name_m]Artair[/name_m], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u] (feels too unisex next to the strong -o ending of your childrenā€™s names)
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] (I can see this with A but not with H)
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] (just feels a bit too tame)
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] (I can see this with H but not A)
[name_m]Octave[/name_m] (seems a bit insubstantial, especially compared to [name_m]Octavio[/name_m], [name_m]Octavius[/name_m] or [name_m]Octavian[/name_m])
[name_m]Sholto[/name_m] (feels quite close to [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] because of the shared Sh & O)
[name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m], [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] (Iā€™m not a big fan of super complicated names that are also long and unfamiliar; I feels your sonsā€™ names are much more approachable)

2 Likes

This is the most beautiful description, I love it!! Itā€™s swayed me, im rooting for [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] :raising_hand_woman:

I also love [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], and [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m]!

1 Like

This is also totally my vibe with these three, too.

Agreed!

All on my longlist of combos except [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] [name_m]Artair[/name_m]. What flair but is it too much? I am partial to the initials OAKā€¦ :thinking:

I love all these sentiments.

Yea this is also what has me questioning [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], too.

Yes he would certainly grow up with the loreā€¦

All on the combo longlist!

[name_f]Awesome[/name_f] name!

Yes. I canā€™t say it is at all rationalā€¦

I do love [name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m] but my partner has always thought it just a tad much. And I love the -em of [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m].

Yes, Iā€™d love the old soul name for our little.

Haha. Thank you so much for the detail, though. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] youā€™ve rested up sinceā€¦ :wink:

Back with the second half later! Thank you everyone!

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I have much of value to add, but I wanted to say Iā€™ve spent a lot of time coming back to your list, I love how meaningful these names are to you, and I canā€™t get [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m] out of my head :slightly_smiling_face: Not sure itā€™s The One for you, but itā€™s so grand.

I wish I could use [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]. I found it years ago and fell in love with it-- the sweeping sound, the idea of the Welsh bard. I think it would be too difficult for us to pull off, with the somewhat complicated spelling and pronunciation.

I also love [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] and actually know one whoā€™s about 4. I was so excited to see his birth announcement!

Lucien is another longtime love of mine. I met it for the first time in Treasures of the [name_u]Snow[/name_u] when I was pretty little and have had a soft spot for it ever since.

And Iā€™m thrilled you used H0r@tio. It was on my list, actually as a mn for [name_m]Ransom[/name_m], and we used [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] for my first son; but we ended up going with a family name as his middle. I loved the idea of ā€œredeeming the timeā€ that the combination had.

Best wishes to you! Also: unrelated, but your cute little dumpling in the basket isnā€™t [name_m]John[/name_m] Jurriesā€™ work, is it? Iā€™ve followed his Monster a [name_u]Day[/name_u] project and it reminds me of his stuff.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]. [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] mostly reminds me of [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] S [name_m]Grant[/name_m]. I donā€™t think [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] is necessarily too close to your other sons names, I think it depends on you and how often you mix their name up, if not at all than I think itā€™s fine.

Also I donā€™t see any reason not to use [name_u]Constantine[/name_u]! You seem to love it and there arenā€™t any downsides in your explanation, and itā€™s such a lovely name for all the reasons you described

For [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] my top pick for nickname would be TinTin. That would go great with the two T nicknames for the elders, and then for the unisex option alongside R0ry and S@sha, probably [name_u]Tali[/name_u] or [name_u]Sunny[/name_u].

Agreed that they all share similar qualities! Iā€™d never noticed this before.

I just love all these points! Thank you!

That is definitely my hope! Iā€™m glad to hear this.

Thatā€™s a good point, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Sometimes the answer to the question is all but written in the way the poster writes about the names in contention for sure. It is always good to have a fresh set of eyes to say as much.

Thank you all! Iā€™ll be posting a follow-up poll presently in another topic after having spoken to my husband about the names the other evening.

1 Like

My favorite is [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]. Great choice and lots of nickname options. I just really love this. Its a very beautiful name.

I also like [name_m]Lucius[/name_m]. I think it sounds a lot more masculine than [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]. That one is very cool.

I like [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] but know someone with the name so changes my association with it. It wouldnā€™t be usable for me but I still think the name is nice.

Octavio, [name_u]Oberon[/name_u], and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] are okay or could beautiful in the right combination- maybe for middles!

I could be open to seeing [name_f]Jade[/name_f] on a boy.

Iā€™m not a fan of the rest sadly although they are all refreshing! I have a hard time pronouncing some of them or get movie associations - not that this is a bad thing, just explaining. [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] also sounds like Nicoderm to me - the gum to quit smoking. [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] reminds me of eggs - I might prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]. [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] is too [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] associated for me. I want to love [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] but I find it super hard to say.

But I appreciate this list and your taste in names. Curious to know what you will land on!

1 Like

Several of these are favorites of mine! [name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favorite option is [name_m]Endymion[/name_m]. The sound of it always amazes me, itā€™s long/grand like your boyā€™s names, and it ties with their names.

1 Like

My favorites are [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], [name_m]Hercule[/name_m], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_u]Oberon[/name_u], [name_m]Sholto[/name_m], [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m], and [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], both on their own and with your sonsā€™ names.

Iā€™m tempted to endorse something that ends in -o (and [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] would be my favorite) but I also love [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] and [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] for cohesiveness with their prominent -o sounds.

If I had to choose one it would be [name_m]Sholto[/name_m]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], based on personal preference.

1 Like

I am just realising how many favourite boyā€™s names we share! :laughing::grin:

Iā€™m loving [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], [name_m]Octavio[/name_m], and [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] to go alongside H & A. :heart_eyes:

I am finding names like [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], and [name_u]Jules[/name_u] a little underwhelming beside your other babeā€™s names. They seem to simple and ā€œfamiliarā€ by comparison. That said, given your connection to the name [name_f]Jade[/name_f], I think it could make a lovely middle name (for either gender).

Ferdinand and [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] make think of characters in childrenā€™s books, which is such a sweet connection to me, however it also makes them feel rather whimsical. :star2: Of the two, I think [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] is more usableā€¦ I donā€™t think I personally would though.

Endymion really does have your taste written all over it, but Iā€™m just not sure Iā€™m feeling it with H & A. Maybe if I say it in my head more, the flow will appearā€¦ :thinking:

I really love [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] too, but againā€¦ not sure about t next to H & A. I guess it depends a bit on how much you need your sibset to ā€œgoā€?