Top 25 for Baby Boy Bao Bucket

Stuck on girls (my topic/epic here) for the moment so here I am coming over here for some more help with our team green final baby due in [name_u]July[/name_u].

Here are my top 25 names for a boy. Fewer than 10 of them are left in the running for the first name slot, but I’d like to know what you like most, what feels uniquely “me,” what you can’t see at all with his sibling names, what would be braver vs. safer. Anything you might still have left to share about these names that I’ve posted before, but now that we are pregnant are considering much more deeply.

Artair

I love the stylishness of this Gaelic [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] variant in honor of my Scottish heritage. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner’s Chinese name chosen by his grandmother translates as “blazing bear” so I consider it an honor for him.

Benedict/Benoît

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband prefers [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]. I prefer Benoît slightly. We love the “blessed” meaning and its connotation for our third and final child. There is also something about it in combo that often gives it an “anointed” quality.

Constantine

I love the “steadfast,” “constant” meaning as well as its implication as a “time/event” name alongside his brothers. It also screams “metal ox.” I love the hard C up against our K surname. [name_u]Kostya[/name_u] and TinTin really appeal to me as nicknames.

Cornelius

Family name of mine from way back. I love the imagery of the cornucopia/horn of plenty for the third and final child and its sense of abundance. Again, love the hard C up against the K of our surname.

Endymion

[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] is our corresponding name for our current girl consideration [name_f]Olympias[/name_f]. [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] for the myth of [name_m]Endymion[/name_m], who sired 50 daughters (the menae, or moons/months) with [name_f]Selene[/name_f] to make up the 50 lunar months of an [name_f]Olympiad[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the -io like his brothers, but the final -n makes it much more understated and partially inconspicuous. I’d be lying if the recent announcement of babyberry [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] didn’t give me a teensy pause. For the rest of this list I believe there aren’t any longtime Berries with children by these names, and no announcements for several years. Of course I should use the name we love most that fits our sibset and speaks to us the most, but I’ll have to keep thinking on it to see if he really is our top pick (he definitely was the frontrunner until recently).

Ferdinand

Perhaps a bit on the nose, but metal OX or what ([name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] the Bull)? I love the meaning “bold voyager” and this has been a super longtime favorite of mine and one that my husband approved wholeheartedly rather early on in our relationship.

Gilbert

[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. Ancient/Vintage gem. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] but soft, down-to-earth. “Shining pledge” is a beautiful meaning.

Hercule

Many of the qualities I love about [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] but without the issues of the negative meaning/etymology. I love the [name_u]French[/name_u] version a la Poirot, and something about this spelling in [name_f]English[/name_f] is just soft and loveable yet without shedding the image of strength either.

Ignatius

[name_u]Love[/name_u] “fiery.” I worry that it’s a bit TOO close with his brothers’ names, but another part of me still thinks they go so well together.

Jade

[name_f]My[/name_f] bff from childhood whom I’ve spoken about a bit before. We have had a very complicated relationship for the past 15 years but I would still love to honor her and kind of hate the idea of missing out on my last opportunity to. I love the Chinese symbolism as well, and the connection to the jade necklace family heirloom from my side of the family that connects me to a certain [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] in my tree. That was the necklace I wore at my wedding, too.

Jem

For [name_u]Jule[/name_u] and [name_u]James[/name_u]. I’ve spoken at length about [name_u]Jule[/name_u] before. Her son was [name_u]James[/name_u] and he had his own complicated story and died too young but I like the idea of honoring the mother/son pair by taking the homophone of gem for [name_u]Jule[/name_u] (jewel) with the vintage nickname for [name_u]James[/name_u]. Interpreting it this way also takes some of the edge off of the “supplanter” meaning that has always turned me off from [name_u]Jem[/name_u].

Jules

For [name_u]Jule[/name_u] and the [name_u]Julian[/name_u] side of my family. Adventurous nature with literary edge of [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_u]Verne[/name_u].

Lucien/Lucius

[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] was [name_f]Jade[/name_f]'s older brother who died in a bicycle accident when I was 16. I had always thought it might be nice to name a child after him, and the bright meaning matches so much with the Helens and my own [name_f]Helene[/name_f] middle name.

Nicodem

This one has far less logic behind the love. I just LOVE this name so much. I think it has the same endearing qualities of [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] and [name_u]Jem[/name_u] while feeling much more distinctive and wholly me.

Oberon

Again with the Chinese name for my husband meaning bear. Midsummer [name_u]Night[/name_u]'s [name_u]Dream[/name_u] and all the magic and majesty, plus some clumsiness and blundering. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the O. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband LOVES [name_u]Oberon[/name_u].

Octave/Octavio

More on the [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] side, but for the octaeteris connection with the 8 years together with my husband and the two olympiad cycles.

Ozymandias

A longtime personal favorite (basically since studying the pair of Romantic sonnets in high school, and certainly made more relevant-feeling since Breaking Bad). Nickname [name_m]Oz[/name_m] for [name_m]Oz[/name_m] of the Buffyverse makes it feel more wearable and I do think that I now have carte blanche to choose a 5-syllable name to round out the sibset since our second wound up with 5-syllables by grace alone. Would honor the man who raised me, my stepdad M@nny.

Rubeus

[name_m]Ah[/name_m]. [name_m]Hagrid[/name_m]. Despite his few conspicuous flaws he is such a loyal, warm, and soulful heart. I love that this name is super ancient but pretty much untouched. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_u]Robbie[/name_u] ([name_m]Coltrane[/name_m]) as nicknames. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has never been 100% on board with this one, but I do know he would be if I were 100% invested (I’m always at like 92 with this one).

Scipio

A favorite of my partner. I love the matching -io and the hard c (I’ve gone back and forth with the silent over the years but I think it’s better with our K surname with the C). [name_u]Love[/name_u] the meaning, “scepter” or “walking stick,” which gives me vibes of voyaging and wisdom, a person who has seen a lot. From what I understand it’s also related to the Ancient Greek for “prop up” or “lean on,” so it feels sturdy and reliable and still relatively metal ox despite the more jaunty last pair of syllables. I can appreciate the historical figure but also do think he’s somewhat problematic as a conqueror.

Sholto

Fell in love with this one via @Greyblue’s healthy obsession. “Fruitfulness” and “fertility” definitely give me the imagery of abundance that I sense deeply with this being our third and final child. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the sounds, the final -o, and the Scottish origin.

Solomon

This would have been my top pick on my own without my partner’s input. He just doesn’t LOVE it like I do. Peaceful. Kingly. [name_u]Strong[/name_u]. Wise. O so many O.

Taliesin

The family connection to [name_u]Jule[/name_u], who worked at [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] ([name_u]East[/name_u]), the studio and workshop of [name_m]Frank[/name_m] [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m] [name_m]Wright[/name_m], as an interior designer. I know it would tickle my family and is SUCH a great honor name without being anyone else’s name in my family. “Shining brow” is nice, the Welsh heritage (which I have bits of), and poetry and lore (which always bumps up a name in my book).

Thelonious

Again with the less obvious -io, I love the name. [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] Monk. A jazz-cafe and sushi restaurant my now-husband and I lived a block from when we were just getting together called [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] Monkfish.

Tybalt

Such a fun sound. I know it is a favorite of my mom, so that’s a bonus. Like the [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] connection. It does strike me as possibly a bit strange to name after an antagonist when H0rat1o was quite the opposite, but it doesn’t dissuade me from the name. I’d say my husband and I both love the name equally, though it’s neither of our tops so that is somewhat dampening.

Ulysses

Longtime favorite of both my husband’s and mine. [name_f]My[/name_f] biggest reservation has always been the “wrathful” meaning. With my other children having such positive and meaningful names, it is a barrier. But it also is a name that has consistently been a love for every other reason and a top in every other category but meaning. [name_m]Homer[/name_m]. [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Joyce[/name_u]. [name_m]Grant[/name_m]. [name_u]Adventure[/name_u] and seafaring.

There are so many absolute favorites here, and it will be absolutely gut-wrenching to only choose two of them in combo and leave the rest behind on the table. Your thoughts are much appreciated!

3 Likes

With your boys, my favorite is [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]. I think it is a perfect fit! They all sound to me like dashing but sensitive, poetic cavalier adventurer names, like a kind of romantic Old World European Three Musketeers vibe.

I also love Rubeus, [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], and [name_u]Constantine[/name_u]! I really like [name_f]Jade[/name_f] too but more as a middle name because it’s both quite feminine and much shorter than his brothers’ names. I also like [name_m]Artair[/name_m] but it does have a very different sound from the brothers as well.

1 Like

My personal favourite is [name_m]Artair[/name_m]. I love the meaning and the soft sound, it wouldn’t be my first choice based on style alone but I think it sounds nice paired with H and A nonetheless.

With your other boys and for you specifically, my favourites are [name_m]Lucien[/name_m], Ozymandius, [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] and [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]. I love [name_f]Jade[/name_f] for a boy and I think it would make a really sweet and meaningful middle name. I hope you find a way to incorporate it into your final combo somewhere!

1 Like

Congratulations!

My favourites from the list are
[name_u]Constantine[/name_u]
[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_m]Octavio[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]

From this list my absolute favourite is [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]. I’ve always loved [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] it’s a strong biblical choice with a great sound and I love the nickname [name_u]Sol[/name_u]/Sully for [name_m]Solomon[/name_m].

1 Like

Oh how to pick from this absolutely wonderful list!

I think I’d narrow it down to:

Ozymandias
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Sholto[/name_m] (okay, I couldn’t resist including this one)
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]

Cornelius [name_m]Sholto[/name_m], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] [name_m]Sholto[/name_m], Ozymandius [name_u]Jem[/name_u] and [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] [name_m]Artair[/name_m] came to mind

1 Like

With your sons’ names, I particularly like [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m], [name_m]Octave[/name_m]/Octavio, Rubeus, and [name_m]Sholto[/name_m]. But they all definitely sound like your style. :slight_smile:

Gilbert, [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], and [name_u]Jules[/name_u], though great names, seem a little pale in comparison with your sons’ names. They feel more like middles for your sibset, I think.

Most of them are pretty safe, but I think Ozymandius and [name_m]Scipio[/name_m] might be a bit hard to wear, honestly. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

This is (of course!) such an amazing list, packed with meaningful and fabulous names. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are: [name_m]Artair[/name_m], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_m]Endymion[/name_m], [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m], and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite in the abstract is [name_u]Jem[/name_u]–but I wonder if it’s enough name to stand up to your older kiddos’ names? I think it would make an amazing middle, but I’m not sure I see it as a first for you. For a first name, I think [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] or [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] would be my top pick for your family! They have the substance and flair to fit right in with H. and A.'s wonderful names, they’re meaningful, and I can see plenty of nickname potential if you decide to go that direction! I also think they hit that sweet spot of totally distinctive, unexpected, impactful, and memorable, but easy to wear.

Safe: [name_m]Artair[/name_m], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m], [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_m]Lucien[/name_m]/Lucius, [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
Braver: Benoît, [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m], [name_m]Endymion[/name_m], [name_m]Hercule[/name_m], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m], [name_u]Oberon[/name_u], [name_m]Octave[/name_m]/Octavio, Rubeus, [name_m]Sholto[/name_m], [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u], [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m], [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]
[name_u]Brave[/name_u]: Ozymandius, [name_m]Scipio[/name_m], [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] and [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] are my favorites with your sons’ names. [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] is probably my favorite of all of them just in general too.

1 Like

Also!: I like a lot of the other names too but didn’t pick something like [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] as it shares that ‘sh’ sound with H0r@ti0 so I went for names that had their own sound and ending.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m], Ferdinanrd, and [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] the best for you! These feel the most usable and also match your other boys very well.

Other names that seem uniquely “you” and I really like: [name_m]Artair[/name_m] and [name_m]Lucien[/name_m]

Nicodem seems to be a favourite of many- but I can’t help but think of “Nicoderm”, the brand name of nicotine patch to stop smoking

1 Like

I love Endymion too much with your sons’ names. I love the -io conection as I’ve told you before. I think it’s highly unlikely to meet another little [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] in real life, not only because NB have announcement from all over the world, but also because sometimes some of those announcement aren’t even real. I find this name obscure but at the same time friendly? It has gravity and something slightly whimsical but not annoying in the slighlest. H. and A. give me the exact same vibe. For some reason, it feels the “easy” option.

Probably one? month ago I wouldn’t have talk about this name, but now I feel Ozymandius is stunning and it feels so you. I wonder if there’s any reason you spell it -ius instead of -ias or just personal preference. This is one of those name that we tend to catalogue as “heavy to wear” but at the same time I think any young boy would feel powerful if there was a sonnet with his name saying: ‘[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m], king of kings. Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!’ That’s pretty cool to be honest.

I like Octavio too, but I think [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] has something more magnetic. However, I do think [name_m]Octavio[/name_m] feels like the perfect balance between H. and A. names.

About Nicodem, I adore [name_u]Nico[/name_u] as a nickname and I adore [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] as a full name. In fact, I’m using [name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m] for a writing proyect I’m working on, and I love the elegance of this name.

These four names ([name_m]Endymion[/name_m], Ozymandius, [name_m]Octavio[/name_m] and [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] are the one that sounds mor like Boy [name_u]Bao[/name_u] Bucket to me). But there are many handsome option in your list: [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m], [name_m]Hercule[/name_m], [name_u]Oberon[/name_u], [name_m]Scipio[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] and [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] are my favourite.

Names like [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Jem[/name_u] and [name_u]Jules[/name_u] are super charming, however I can’t picture [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_u]Bao[/name_u] being a [name_u]Jem[/name_u], just [name_u]Jem[/name_u], when his brothers are H. and A. But I definitely can picture a [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u], a [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] or an [name_m]Octavio[/name_m] [name_u]Jem[/name_u] and I love it.

1 Like

Merely a slip of the keyboard! I’ve corrected it.

I’m excited to see this list! :star_struck:

I’m definitely preferring the longer ones in the first name slot, to complement H and A’s magnificent names. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite first names for you would be [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] (#1), [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] and [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m].

Here are my thoughts on all of them…

[name_m]Artair[/name_m]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name, and I’m excited to see someone else who does! It never gets a brilliant reaction when I mention it, but I think it’s much more dashing than [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I really like it as a middle for you.

[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]/Benoît: [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] is handsome and sturdy, Benoît feels suave. I like both but prefer [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] for you, I think. Agree that the meaning is wonderful, and you’re totally right about the “anointed” quality! It’s a less OTT [name_m]Boniface[/name_m] :wink:

[name_u]Constantine[/name_u]: This is such a handsome name. I absolutely love it and [name_u]Kostya[/name_u] is just wonderful too. [name_f]Regal[/name_f] and majestic but in a very classic, rather than super adventurous, way.

[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]: I actually know someone with this name and he is a… eh, character, but I’ll try to look at it with fresh eyes. It’s fabulously eccentric but obviously has a long history. Personally, I don’t love the “corn” sound, and I do think of the rather hapless [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] Prime Minister [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] Fudge (or, as he’s deliciously named in the Polish version, [name_m]Korneliusz[/name_m] Knot – how great is that?!) but you’re right about the wonderful sense of abundance.

[name_m]Endymion[/name_m]: Perfect for you! It’s the right balance of extravagant and established, with that linking “io” but a completely contrasting yet complementary sound. I’m in love with all the [name_f]Olympiad[/name_f] connections, too, and I think it would be a real shame to be put off by another announcement from a completely different country. In no way do I expect this name to take off in popularity; I would be extremely surprised if your [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] ever met another in his lifetime.

[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]: I find this name incredibly dashing and utterly adorable. I met one once, nicknamed Ferdy :heart_eyes: It’s a nice balance with H and A, which both have a Romance sound, because it makes me think “European royal” without repeating the -io ending.

[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u]: I agree with @elanorelle that these feel better suited to the middle name slot for you. [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is particularly dashing and feels like the perfect honour for both [name_u]Jule[/name_u] and [name_u]James[/name_u], as well as honouring your family.

[name_m]Hercule[/name_m]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] the sound of this in [name_u]French[/name_u] but it always sounds a bit awkward when Anglicised to me, although I agree that it looks beautiful. Poirot is a strong association for me.

[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]: One of the best meanings around :fire: and I don’t think it’s too close to H or A at all! This is another great option which treads the line perfectly between being a dramatic, eye-catching choice and yet still feeling established and not too deliberately “out there”.

[name_m]Lucien[/name_m]/Lucius: I’m definitely team [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] over [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], which I find too Malfoy, but I think it’s a little too quiet as a first name for you. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the meaning it has for you, though, and it’s a gorgeous name – a great contender for the middle slot.

[name_m]Nicodem[/name_m]: Yes, I really like this one! How do you feel about [name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m]? That always sounds so delightfully academic to me, which is definitely a vibe I get from a lot of your names. But just [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] is great too – weighty but lively.

[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]: It’s a really great name, very magical as you say, but I don’t know… I know it’s very old and literary and Shakespearean, but it sounds very modern to me, like [name_u]Orion[/name_u] (also ancient, of course, but very fashionable at the moment). [name_u]Love[/name_u] the “bear” connection and the O initial, however.

[name_m]Octave[/name_m]/Octavio: I would go with [name_m]Octave[/name_m] over [name_m]Octavio[/name_m], to avoid the super-matchy endings, and I would probably use it in the middle because the [name_f]English[/name_f] pronunciation would be nowhere as suave as the [name_u]French[/name_u]! The significance of the number 8 is wonderful.

[name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m]: [name_u]Brave[/name_u], but fabulous! [name_m]Oz[/name_m] and [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] are such sweet and approachable nicknames too, which really softens the drama of the full name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the link to your stepdad, and the fact that it includes an “ia” to mirror your boys’ “io”. And if anyone can pull off 5 syllables, it’s your family!

Rubeus: I love [name_m]Hagrid[/name_m], and just [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] in general, but like [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] this is just too strongly associated for me. Maybe as a middle, but since you have so many great options and you know it isn’t love for your husband (or 100% love for you), maybe it’s not the one.

[name_m]Scipio[/name_m]: … Africanus. If you’re not comfortable with the major historical namesake, again it might not be the one. I find it quirky and lively and I definitely prefer it with the hard C (never heard it pronounced silent) but it seems like a very namesake-led choice to me. There is a character with this name in The Thief [name_m]Lord[/name_m] too, however, IIRC.

[name_m]Sholto[/name_m]: I love this too! A great underused Scottish gem. Feels a little less mellifluous than your boys’ names and I think I’d try to avoid a third O ending, personally, but ideal for the middle spot – especially with that picture-perfect meaning!

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]: [name_m]Ah[/name_m], it’s such a shame he doesn’t share your love! [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is beautiful – an old soul’s name, which I love for the youngest child.

[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]: What a cool connection! [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] is such an undiscovered gem, I would be thrilled to see you use it! The “ie” is close enough to the “io” to satisfy the pattern-loving side of my brain too :crazy_face:

[name_m]Thelonious[/name_m]: Such a GP of mine! I love jazz and seriously, jazz musicians have the coolest names :sunglasses: It’s a lot of name but with plenty of nickname potential ([name_u]Theo[/name_u] would be my pick!) and the “io” is a really nice touch. I like this more and more for you the more I think about it, especially with the fun personal connection it has for you!

[name_m]Tybalt[/name_m]: Great literary name! But maybe not for the first name, if it’s not love for either of you. I love the [name_u]French[/name_u] form [name_m]Thibault[/name_m] (and variants), which might be a way of side-stepping the antagonist aspect while retaining the lovely rich yet approachable quality of the name.

[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]: Meaning is not massively important to me, so I’d see this more as an amusing quirk than a dealbreaker, but I know you think so carefully about all aspects of your names, so I suppose if you think it would continually irk you, then that would be a reason to bump it down the list. But the list of positives is long and illustrious, and I know that this has been a favourite of yours for a long time. Although it’s not a personal favourite of mine, I think this is another great option that walks that grand vs. established line perfectly.

Phew! I think I need a cup of tea :coffee:

2 Likes

My favorites for you:
[name_u]Constantine[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the time connection, love the hard C, reminds me of Chyrsanthemum, also agree that is screams metal ox.
[name_u]Jem[/name_u]/Jules - You already know I’m team [name_u]Jule[/name_u] all the way. [name_u]Love[/name_u] either of these options for a middle name.
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] - It does feel right on the money as a third for your set, and I can’t resist a good sibset. But I sense that maybe you want to go in a different direction with this third name?
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] - Not actually a personal favorite of mine, but works so well with your boys’ names and your love for it is palpable.
[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] - One of my favorites!! Moves the set subtly in a more global direction. [name_u]Love[/name_u] all the associations and family history. Would be so curious which nicknames you chose.
[name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m] - I kind of can’t believe I’m favoriting this since I’m the queen of streamlined names, but I love it for you! [name_u]Brave[/name_u], but I think you could do it, and [name_m]Oz[/name_m] is perfect.

I would maybe lose:
[name_f]Jade[/name_f] - Too complex emotionally to bestow on a child I think, though I do like the sound for a middle.
[name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] - I like this one a lot, but the lack of meaning feels very unlike you.
[name_m]Hercule[/name_m] - The pronunciation throws me off and I still think it’s too close to [name_m]Hercules[/name_m].
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]/Lucius - Again, kind of emotionally complicated. This name always makes me think of [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] and [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] Malfoy, as well, so even though I know it technically means “light” it feels like a very foreboding name.
Rubeus - I just don’t think the meaning is all the way there, and if your partner is hesitant, I would place it on the backburner for a while.
[name_m]Sholto[/name_m] - Ok, this is just about my personal preference. :laughing: It feels like a dog name to me.
[name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] - You’ve not convinced me with your description. Definitly seems like there are more negatives than positives.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] absolute, no hesitation favorites:
[name_u]Constantine[/name_u]
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]
[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]
[name_m]Thelonious[/name_m]

I really like:
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] the having 50 daughters while he is in eternal slumber part of the story always makes me a bit uncomfortable, but it’s a gorgeous name and a lovely story to study
Rubeus (I would put it in “without hesitation” if it weren’t for the fact that you and your husband both have hesitation)
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] (^ Rubeus & [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] feel parallel to the lovely [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] & her tragic fall from the list)
[name_m]Tybalt[/name_m]

A separate list of names I think would go well in the middle (if you’re interested - worrying slightly less about syllables and sound-alikes and focusing more on meaning/fitting with F/R)
[name_m]Scipio[/name_m]
[name_m]Octave[/name_m] / [name_m]Octavio[/name_m]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f] (friend relationship feels a bit complex for a name, but love the necklace/gem connection)
[name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucien[/name_m] / [name_m]Lucius[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicodem[/name_m]
[name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] (closest I could find for xyz)
[name_m]Hercule[/name_m] (only here because, as a first, it would give you two “H_r”)

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] and [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m].

[name_m]Endymion[/name_m]: When I was in high school, I loved the myth of [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] and [name_f]Selene[/name_f]. It was one of my favorite obscure myths. Though, the version I had didn’t mention the kids, and, admittedly, that gives me pause, but I feel like that can’t be avoided with Greek mythology. It also reminds me of Sailor Moon, which has a better romance. I still have it on my list.

[name_m]Tybalt[/name_m]: First of all, I love the [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] reference, but the real reason I love this name is because of the [name_u]October[/name_u] [name_m]Daye[/name_m] series. There’s a character called [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m], [name_m]King[/name_m] of Cats, and he is a contender for my favorite character. He’s also a total [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] fanboy and he talks like it (to be fair, he lived through that time). I associate the name with him more than with [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], but I know that’s the exception not the rule.

Runner-ups are [name_m]Scipio[/name_m] and [name_m]Artair[/name_m]. [name_m]Scipio[/name_m] reminds me of the Thief [name_m]Lord[/name_m], another beloved book, and I love the meaning of [name_m]Artair[/name_m], both literal and personal. Maybe as middle names?

1 Like

I love the connections of [name_m]Artair[/name_m] but I’m really not feeling the sibset with this one.

Benoit is nice! I like this with your other children.

Constantine - I feel [name_u]Konstantin[/name_u]/Constantin would fit better in the sibset

Cornelius - it’s ok, not the best on your list

Endymion is nice

Not a fan of [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] just makes me think of WW1

Love [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]!

Not a fan of [name_m]Hercule[/name_m] makes
me think of ridicule (sorry)

Love [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] or [name_m]Inigo[/name_m] (a diminutive) I actually think it’s a gorgeous fit in the sibset

Struggling with seeing [name_f]Jade[/name_f] on a boy and [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_u]Jem[/name_u] feel wrong with the sibset

Lucien/Lucius…love I think [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] is my preference here

Not a fan of [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] sounds strange I would want to turn it into nicodemus

Loving [name_u]Oberon[/name_u]

Octavio fits nicely and love your personal connection

Not a fan of ozymandias

Rubeus is nice

Not a fan of [name_m]Scipio[/name_m] just makes me think of skipping

Ulysses is lovely

Not a fan of the others for the sibset

So [name_m]Octavio[/name_m], [name_m]Benoit[/name_m], [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m], [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] and [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] are my favourites on your list

1 Like

My favorite is [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], nn [name_m]Ben[/name_m]. :heart_eyes:

I would drop [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] because of the Hunger Games associations. :confused:

1 Like

So many great names here!

For a first name my favorites are [name_m]Artair[/name_m], [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m], [name_m]Endymion[/name_m], and [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m].

I love [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u], Rubeus, [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], and [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] too.

Man, it’s so hard to choose! Lol

I love the sound of [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] and [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] with your surname. Particularly [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m].

I’ve missed your posts. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see you back again. :blush:

1 Like

My favorites for you are [name_m]Artair[/name_m], [name_m]Hercule[/name_m], [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m], [name_u]Oberon[/name_u], [name_m]Octavio[/name_m], [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m], [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m], and [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]. I think they fit best with the H and A stylistically and they just feel the most like you. I really don’t think you can go wrong though, this is a fabulous list. The shorter names might be better as middles since H and A both have fairly long names. I love almost every name on this list, so you really can’t go wrong.

2 Likes