Top 3

These are quite classic but I think they’re lovely nonetheless.

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleonore[/name_f]

Which one do you like best and why? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] could be used and still be able to avoid the nns [name_f]Gen[/name_f]/[name_f]Genny[/name_f]/[name_f]Genna[/name_f] or is it a lost cause?

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (spelt this way) is my favourite. [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is lovely too but I think it would be very difficult to avoid [name_f]Gen[/name_f]/[name_f]Jenny[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] best! [name_f]Gen[/name_f] might come up and she might like it herself but if your constant in using her full name or another nickname, you might be able to avoid it

I did think about the most common spelling of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but it just looks so incomplete to me. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t know why, honestly!

So I gravitate towards [name_f]Eleanore[/name_f] or [name_f]Eleonore[/name_f] a bit more when it comes to the spelling :slight_smile:

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] yes, the [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciation can be very beautiful! I would be using the English one though ”

My favorite is [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], and it could be possible to have most, if not all, people call her by her full name. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is also beautiful and classic, but has a lot of possible nicknames as well. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] also seems a lot less common to me (I know two Genevieves and no Elizabeths) but that depends on what you want from a name.

Well, I like quite long names with loads of nn possibilities.

For example, I like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and would probably use [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], and [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] for nns

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is a bit tricky for me because I’m not quite fond of the [name_f]Gen[/name_f], [name_f]Genna[/name_f], [name_f]Genny[/name_f] nns
I only sort of like [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f]

For [name_f]Eleonore[/name_f]/[name_f]Eleanore[/name_f], I like [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. And [name_f]Lea[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

So yeah :slight_smile: I quite like long names with nn possibilities

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is my absolute favorite. Other nickname options for it are [name_f]Vi[/name_f] and [name_f]Gem[/name_f].

My favourite is [name_f]Eleonore[/name_f], although I prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] would be second, and I think you can definitely avoid those nicknames. I know a few Genevieves whose full names are predominantly used, and some use other nicknames occasionally like [name_f]Vivi[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]! And I definitely think the nicknames are avoidable. …At least, I wouldn’t naturally call a [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] anything other than ‘[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]’.

But I think my favorite of your list is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]–truly classic. Not a fan of [name_f]Eleonore[/name_f], though, personally. (I prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_f]Eleonore[/name_f] looks confusing to me.)

Yeah [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is definitely a classic and [name_f]Eleonore[/name_f] is just the [name_m]French[/name_m] variation. I’m quite used to it at this point haha

I know [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a bit overused but I’d have to agree with you! I don’t know many [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]’s honestly :smile:

All three names are on my forever favourites list. My eldest daughter is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and name is almost always called in full. I must be peculiar, but I personally think if you give baby a very lovely name, why not use it. I totally dislike nn when the full name is there.

With my 5 children, we did give them pet names to be used occasionally within the family circle, but everyone else had to call them by their full names.

I’d have to agree! Also long names such as these are so rare to hear. At least in my area :slight_smile:

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is my favorite. I think [name_f]Gen[/name_f] is a cute, quick nick-name to go by, and I would pick that because her name might be shortened despite any efforts otherwise.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is my second fave. I prefer this spelling, but both are lovely. [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Nora[/name_f] would be a good nn pick.

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is of course, timeless, but a bit tiresome imo. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] are adorable nicknames.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is gorgeous! I think [name_f]Gen[/name_f] is avoidable if you get in there early with an alternative, like [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] or [name_f]Vivi[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Eleonore[/name_f] (especially with the [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciation: eh-LEH-oh-nore) but I think it will be mistaken for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] a lot.

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a lovely classic with a ton of versatile nickname options. You cannot go wrong with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but it doesn’t really excite me.

[name_f]Elenore[/name_f] is lovely!

I hadn’t even thought of [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] as a nn! That’s adorable!

Thank you! ”

I love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]