top 4 list.....your opinion?

we’re currently ttc #2. we have a son, beckett reed. our top boy names for #2 are either tobin gray/james or sullivan james. girl names we can’t agree on. our top 4 girl names in order of preference:

maisie anne
keeley anne
lucy marigold
penelope jane (poppy)

DH loves maisie, it is growing on me. keeley is our latest love. lucy and penelope have been on our list for a while and we keep coming back to them. all mn’s are in honor of family (like beckett’s mn reed). we don’t really care about how “childish” our choices are (that’s the comment we always get about them). we like them all, just can’t seem to pick “the one”. we want something fun and spunky! last name is chancellor.

My favorite name on your list is [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name].

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name], definitely!!! :slight_smile:
I also like [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Gray[/name].

Might you please make this a poll?

PS: I love [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name]! Sorry if I’ve said that before, but I think it’s a brilliant name!

I love [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Grey[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name] - I like this spelling of [name]Grey[/name], too. [name]Sullivan[/name] seems like it might be shortened to [name]Sully[/name], which I’m not fond of - look it up in the dictionary!

I like [name]Maisie[/name], but it seems very much like a nickname. I know this doesn’t bother you, but I can’t very well imagine a forty-year-old businesswoman called [name]Maisie[/name], can you? If you go with [name]Maisie[/name], I think [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name] sounds better than [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name]…

I love [name]Lucy[/name], but not [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]. Might you consider another one-syllable name? [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Greer[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Dawn[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Frost[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Fern[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name], and my favorite, [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name], might catch your interest.

My final comment is on [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I know I’ve said this before, but I think [name]Poppy[/name] - [name]JUST[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] - works beautifully with [name]Beckett[/name], and [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name] is so quirky, spunky, and playful. Isn’t that what you are looking for? [name]Penelope[/name] seems off, style-wise, from your other names and from [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name].

Good luck!

Hey [name]Rosy[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name]: I love [name]Maisie[/name] and think it’s very cute with [name]Beckett[/name], and while I love the name [name]Anne[/name], something about [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] doesn’t sound the best to me. Hmm…

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]: I think this is great! [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] feels so fun and spunky, and I love it with [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name]. :slight_smile: ([name]Marigold[/name] is totally my guilty pleasure name.) :slight_smile:

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name]: I love it, and the [name]Poppy[/name] nickname, but I can better see [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Maisie[/name] with [name]Beckett[/name].

[name]Sullivan[/name] [name]James[/name]: I think this is really handsome, and I love [name]Sullivan[/name] with [name]Beckett[/name].

[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Gray[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name]: I think that [name]Tobin[/name] is wonderful with [name]Beckett[/name], but with [name]Gray[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name], I think of a gray-colored chancellor (this may just be me, though). :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Sullivan[/name] [name]James[/name] & [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]. (My Fav [name]Lucy[/name] combo :))

good luck :slight_smile: lots of sticky baby dust

i couldn’t figure out how to make it a poll, sorry!

lemon, we’re doing gray (spelled that way) for FIL gary, just mixed the letters up a bit. and the only reservations we have about sullivan would be the nn sully. i don’t care for it, but DH isn’t bothered by it.

oh, and we’ve paired maisie with anne because both [name]MIL[/name] and grandma are mary anne’s…so its in honor of them.

marigold is my guilt pleasure name too =)

DH doesn’t like just poppy. i’ve tried! we even walked by a giant flowerbed of poppies tonight and i told him to look at how bright and beautiful they are…still a no =P

so i take it nobody likes keeley??? =)

we’re tired of asking our almost 2 year old his opinion. he has it down to “mae” for maisie or “kiki” for keeley. i needed some outside input!

In that case, I think it is absolutely wonderful that you are using [name]Gray[/name]! [name]How[/name] creative to honor [name]Gary[/name] in that way…

Like [name]Jill[/name] said, [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] doesn’t sound the best, but if you really want to honor [name]Mary[/name] [name]Anne[/name], then you should go with what you want…

(And, regarding your last question, there is something just too trendy about [name]Keeley[/name] to make it really sound great with [name]Beckett[/name], and I don’t see it being a name with great staying power, personally.)

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Keeley[/name]! It’s on my list. I know you like [name]Gray[/name] for a boy but I really like [name]Keeley[/name] [name]Gray[/name]. I think it goes well with your last name too. I don’t have a mn pick for this name on my list but I might use [name]Gray[/name] :wink:

I think [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Poppy[/name] would be stunning with [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name] - both are beautiful, vintage names, sweet but will work well on an adult, and [name]Marigold[/name] is so quirky :slight_smile:

I feel that [name]Maisie[/name] is a little insubstantial on its own, personally, and [name]Keeley[/name] feels trendy to me. You could try [name]Daisy[/name] instead of [name]Maisie[/name]?

Good luck!

Hey!

[name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] - I think this is really cute, but I don’t think it will age well.
[name]Keeley[/name] [name]Anne[/name] - Not a fan.
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] - Very cute! It’s classic and spunky.
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name]) - [name]Love[/name]! I think [name]Penelope[/name] is such a cool name, it’s a classic but is unique and again, spunky. I think this is my favourite :slight_smile:

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Poppy[/name] is my favorite. [name]Lovely[/name]!
[name]Sullivan[/name] would be my choice for your boy name.
I dont think you have chosen childish names at all. They are delightful!

Oh! To make a poll:

1. Click on “Start a New Topic” icon (just like you did to begin this thread).

2. [name]Do[/name] you see the box in which you normally type? Well, scroll below that, and you’ll see the polling feature. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

thanks jill, i’ll know for next time now! =)

so we’ve crossed keeley off the list. the more i saw it, thought about it…well, it seemed a bit “stripper-ish”. i’m sorry if i insult anyone. but keeley just didn’t seem to fit for me.

so i guess our list is now:

maisie anne (or jane)
lucy marigold
penelope jane (poppy)

but i still don’t feel like “the one” is on our list…we like ruby, but its something like #55 in our state and that’s just way too popular for us. we had cora and isla on our lists, but have since crossed them off too. i feel like maisie is the only name on our list that “goes” with beckett. everything else just seems off.

anyways…wondering what YOU would pair with beckett? with the mn’s either anne, mary, jane, june or a variation of them.

ETA- forgot to mention, we’re throwing around the name ivy. would that work with beckett? i love ivy arabella…

No problem! From your list, [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] is my favorite with [name]Beckett[/name]. I love [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] so much (and [name]Poppy[/name]), but I can better see [name]Lucy[/name] with [name]Beckett[/name] than I can [name]Penelope[/name]. I love [name]Maisie[/name], too, and think it’s really cute with [name]Beckett[/name]. More importantly, YOU love it, and while other names have come and gone, [name]Maisie[/name] has remained on your list.

From your list of middles, I’ll vote for [name]Maisie[/name] [name]June[/name], because something about [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] doesn’t sound the best to me, and [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] sounds very long A heavy to me.

More names (that remind me of [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]) that I can see with [name]Beckett[/name]

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name] (nn [name]Addie[/name], which reminds me of [name]Maisie[/name]'s feel…)
[name]Cora[/name] (oops…you mentioned that already)
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] (oops…not with your last name)
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] (nn [name]Josie[/name] or [name]Posey[/name])
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] (I can totally see [name]Maeve[/name] with [name]Beckett[/name]!)
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Cozy names that remind me of [name]Maisie[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]:

[name]Bess[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] (oops…I think of a hazel-colored chancellor) :slight_smile:
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Millie[/name] (I can see it as a nickname for [name]Matilda[/name]…)
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]/[name]Ruthie[/name]

Oh! You mentioned [name]Ivy[/name]! :slight_smile: Sorry about that! Because [name]Ivy[/name] feels like [name]Maisie[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] to me, I can see it with [name]Beckett[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck, [name]Rosy[/name]! :slight_smile:

I agree with [name]Jill[/name], even about the [name]Gray[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name] issue. fave girl’s name is [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]. What about [name]Tobin[/name] [name]George[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name]? [name]Love[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name] [name]James[/name], but [name]Sullivan[/name] is a long name to go with [name]Chancellor[/name]. What about

[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Alfred[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Clive[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Harvey[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Jude[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Miles[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Reed[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name]

I like [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Gray[/name] for boy.
For girl, I like [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name].

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Beckett[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Gray[/name].