Top girl names

I love the name [name_f]Alexa[/name_f], and I know an [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] (age 9) who I don’t believe is bothered by the name at all. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] isn’t my favorite, but it would work perfectly with sisters’ names (better than Alexa)! [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] on its own provides lots of nickname options like [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_u]Lex[/name_u], [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], [name_u]Allie[/name_u], etc.

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is my favorite spelling, but I don’t care for the name, and I don’t think it fits with your other daughters’. [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] does go well with [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], though!

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is ultra-popular right now, which is why I’m not a fan. I don’t think it’s as eye-catching as sisters’ names, as well!

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is sweet, and it goes well with [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] or [name_f]Alexa[/name_f]. I adore [name_u]Marie[/name_u], though!

I know you didn’t mention it, but I love [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]! It has a lovely flow and beautiful imagery!

Honestly all 3 names keep calling to me. We almost named [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], but I let the popularity get to me. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband was completely on board with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] too. Last month we were tripping on names at dhs moms house and my husband said “Aren’t you glad we didn’t go with another M?”. Which I am glad, but I still adore [name_f]Maddie[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] oldest daughter just entered kindergarten and the names are so vast that she only has 1 repeat in her class and that’s [name_u]Eli[/name_u]. So it’s made me reevaluate our top girl names that are common. Plus, our last name is pretty uncommon so having a first name that’s a little more common might not be a bad thing.

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughters names are [name_f]Miranda[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], and [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]. I have thought about the [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] sibset, but really they’re only the same ending which is different from the beginning of the name. At the moment I love all 3 names, but in a couple of days it could change.

1 Like

Thank you, I am considering [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u], just wasn’t sure if it was boring? I love that it’s after our moms and my great grandma.

What nicknames do you think goes with [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]? [name_f]My[/name_f] older 2 daughters go mostly by their full names and [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] goes by mostly nicknames. We rarely call her [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]. Mostly [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], [name_u]Cass[/name_u], and Cassafras. Which I love that she has so many nicknames.

[name_u]Lexi[/name_u] and [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] are cute together! [name_u]Allie[/name_u] would work well too!

I had a dream last week that we named our 4th daughter [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] and called her [name_u]Allie[/name_u] for short. I don’t know that we’d use [name_u]Allie[/name_u], but maybe it’s a sign? I am liking [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] though. So cute :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My name is Cassy (Casandra) LOL I like my name, I could see having a sister named Maddie.

She’s 9 months old right now, but I will tell you she’s my fastest learning daughter. Probably because she has 2 sisters to learn and bounce off of. At the moment my top 2 names are [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]. While I love [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] I could do without it and not have regrets. I’d probably end up calling a dog [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] eventually.

I guess when the time comes we could go a completely different route altogether.

The more context you give the more I really love Olivia for you. And a good point about name popularity in general. I find getting a feel for what’s common in your local area always matters more. Like the names I hear repeated at the playground and school most where I live are Jordan, Riley, Zoey, Eleanor, Penelope, Jackson, and Oliver. So it’s definitely highly variable and not necessarily going to be an issue.

Ironically right now when I think about my potential 4th daughter the name that’s attached is [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. It’s the one I feel I’ll be regretting never using. A part of me kind of regrets not using it this time, but she has blue eyes. So if I have #4 she will most likely have my green hazel eyes. I’m only saying this because my daughters seem to follow a pattern. Oldest daughter brown hair, blue eyes, middle daughter brown hair, green hazel eyes, and youngest daughter brown hair and blue eyes. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] girl will also look almost identical to my middle daughter.

Also, ironically I have heard the name [name_f]Marina[/name_f] on the playground with an older girl. Where we live is a coastal town so we have plenty of boat Marinas around.

1 Like

Oh I can totally see how living on the coast might influence a lot of parents naming choices. In the last 2 years probably half of the baby girls I know recieved names that are well outside the top 500, like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], and [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] to name a few. It’s so interesting because a name can be super uncommon but once it’s in your social circle it feels a lot more common than it maybe is.

[name_f]My[/name_f] son was in a small transitional preschool class for a time pre-covid, it was only 5 kids, but all of them had super uncommon names. It definitely mellowed my perspective a bit. With my first kid I was so worried about not picking a super trendy name because I grew up being 1 of 3-5 Brittanys/Britneys in all of my classes. The reality is it’s just not that way anymore.

Yup, I was the same way with naming my 3 daughters. I didn’t want anything common or used that I knew of. One of my husband’s former co-workers named her daughter [name_f]Athena[/name_f] and then her son [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. Both were on my list. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband can’t get on board with [name_f]Athena[/name_f] though. We may name a dog [name_f]Athena[/name_f]. I’d expect to meet more Miranda’s and Cassandra’s than Marinas lol. [name_f]My[/name_f] name was #17 the year I was born and my husband has a very common first name too. [name_m]Tom[/name_m] and [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]. I know [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is so common, but I think it’s so pretty. And the fact that my husband’s grandpa and great grandpas middle name was [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] and his great great grandpa’s first name was [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]. So it had made me love the name even more.

I also had [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] on my list, but it just never feels like the one. I love it though. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband also had a great grandma name [name_f]Berniece[/name_f] which is how I got [name_f]Veronica[/name_f].

1 Like