Torn -- Your thoughts please

Everyone, I wrote in a couple of months ago about our little girl arriving in [name]May[/name]. At that time, we were pretty sold on the name [name]Gemma[/name]. Recently, [name]Isla[/name] is creeping in as another favorite as a first name. Now, on to the middle name. My [name]MIL[/name] is named [name]Susan[/name] and my mother is [name]Suzanne[/name], so we wanted to use a combo of the two as a middle name: [name]Suzette[/name]. I know both Moms would be touched if we chose to do this. I love [name]Isla[/name] [name]Suzette[/name]. I don’t love [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Suzette[/name]. If we choose [name]Gemma[/name], I would like the middle name to be [name]Pearl[/name]. I like [name]Gemma[/name] more than [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Suzette[/name] has more meaning than [name]Pearl[/name] for us. What are your thoughts on the best choice? Also, maybe [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Suzette[/name] is not so bad??? Our last name is starts with a “G” and is two-syllables, if that makes a difference. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Suzette[/name] is cute!
[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] or [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Susanna[/name] sounds very pretty to me. I think I might love it even more than [name]Isla[/name] [name]Suzette[/name]. It flows and it’s softer. If you like it, try writing it with your last name to see if you want to have the “h” at the end of [name]Susanna[/name] or not. I think I would go with [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Susanna[/name] (without the “h”).
[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is super pretty, too, but I agree that it is very important to honor relatives. You’ll be happy you honored your relatives as time goes by. I am so happy that my daughter [name]Laura[/name] has the same middle name as my mom - [name]Elizabeth[/name]. My mom loves the name [name]Elizabeth[/name] a lot more than her first name which is [name]Helen[/name], so she is so happy with [name]Laura[/name]'s middle name. When [name]Laura[/name] was a baby, my mom’s eyes would gleam and she would tell her, “We have the same middle name!”
Plus when your kid gets to be a teenager and is sometimes a little bit difficult, it is comforting and reassuring to know that he or she has a family name. Then you realize they’re not some alien from outer space: they really are your kid and you will all get through this phase. My son [name]Peter[/name] is sad because his middle name isn’t after his dad or one of his grandpas. We just chose his middle name because it was my fave name. But he likes it pretty well. His first name is the same as my cousin, but he says that that is not enough. A few years ago I remembered that one of his great, great, great grandfathers was named [name]Peter[/name], and told my son. His face lit up with joy.

I like [name]Isla[/name] [name]Susan[/name] or [name]Isla[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]

I think [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Suzette[/name] is adorable! That’s what I would go with, if I were you. Your favorite first name, and a middle name with meaning. Sounds perfect, to me.

[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Suzette[/name] is adorable and also original. I love it!

Thank you guys for your thoughts! It makes me happy to think that there are fans of [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Suzette[/name]! I do love the middle name [name]Susanna[/name], but I don’t like first and middle names to end with the same sound, so I ruled [name]Susanna[/name] out.

[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Suzette[/name] is so beautiful (and kind of spunky!) Good choice!