Trans guy in need of a new name

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

So im 18, been out as trans since ive been 13 but never settled on a name. [name_f]My[/name_f] immediate family calls me [name_u]Sam[/name_u] as a shortened version of my birthname but it still feels off. [name_f]My[/name_f] school and friends call me [name_m]Neon[/name_m] based on a nickname as a kid but i definitely do not want to be stuck with that in a professional setting in 10 years time. I love names that begin with A (but im open to other letters too) and are a little out there.
Here are my top favs and id love your opinions of them, which two might fit togther best as first and middle name, etc :)) criticism is always welcome

[name_u]Ares[/name_u], Atticus/Attilio, [name_u]Emrys[/name_u], [name_m]Aramis[/name_m]

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is a great choice - literary and cool - familiar but distinctive! It is on the upward trend for babies atm, if that bothers you.

[name_m]Aramis[/name_m] is fabulous - full of flair and style

[name_u]Emrys[/name_u] is magical with a cool meaning - gentle but with strength too

[name_u]Ares[/name_u] is intriguing but I don’t love it, maybe because you could switch two letters round and make another word?

[name_m]Attilio[/name_m] has a nice sound but I think I’d like it as a middle!

[name_u]Emrys[/name_u] [name_m]Attilio[/name_m] would sound good :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are cool names! I like Atticus; it feels unique but not too out-there, and there’s the literary association. [name_u]Emrys[/name_u], [name_m]Attilio[/name_m], and [name_m]Aramis[/name_m] are cool too; I haven’t heard [name_m]Aramis[/name_m] or [name_m]Attilio[/name_m] around much, but I think it’s intuitive enough to spell and pronounce that that wouldn’t be a problem. [name_u]Ares[/name_u] feels a bit too god-of-war for a first, but it would be super cool in the middle! For a combo I’d probably go with [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Ares[/name_u], [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] [name_m]Attilio[/name_m], [name_m]Attilio[/name_m] [name_u]Ares[/name_u], or [name_m]Aramis[/name_m] [name_m]Attilio[/name_m]. Also I didn’t notice the [name_u]Ares[/name_u] anagram issue, but maybe spelling it [name_u]Aries[/name_u] would help?

Some suggestions:

[name_m]Achilles[/name_m]
[name_m]Adriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Ajax[/name_m]
[name_m]Aloysius[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_m]Artemas[/name_m]
[name_m]Ashbel[/name_m]
[name_u]Ashby[/name_u]
[name_m]Ashwin[/name_m]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_u]Axel[/name_u]
[name_u]Azariah[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_u]Jericho[/name_u]
[name_u]Jupiter[/name_u]
[name_m]Justus[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_u]Mars[/name_u]
[name_m]Maxim[/name_m] / [name_m]Maximus[/name_m]
[name_u]Paris[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]
[name_u]Tobin[/name_u]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]

Some more combo ideas to get you started are [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Ajax[/name_m], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_m]Aramis[/name_m] [name_u]Jupiter[/name_u], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m], [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Ares[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thoughts were [name_u]Nico[/name_u] and [name_m]Ian[/name_m], since they share some sounds with [name_m]Neon[/name_m]. Here are some A names:

[name_m]Ames[/name_m] (pronounced like [name_u]James[/name_u] without the J)
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u] / [name_m]Arturo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] / [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] / [name_u]Augustine[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Amos[/name_u], [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m], [name_u]Andre[/name_u], [name_m]Anders[/name_m], [name_m]Alec[/name_m], [name_u]Azrael[/name_u], [name_u]Alden[/name_u], [name_u]Alder[/name_u], [name_u]Adler[/name_u], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_m]Arne[/name_m]

1 Like

omg some of your suggestions are amazing tysm!

1 Like

oh wow thank you!

i honestly never picked up on the anagram of [name_u]Ares[/name_u] before lol, definitely maybe more of a middle then.

And i really love [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] [name_m]Attilio[/name_m]! i think that really might be a winner. Thanks!!

Would also just like to ask how you would intuitively pronounce [name_m]Aramis[/name_m] though?

:))

1 Like

Ah-ruh-miss (ah like the sound in apple - that’s how I’ve heard it in adaptations of the Musketeers)

1 Like

I think [name_u]Ares[/name_u] might be difficult to carry. Like [name_u]Mars[/name_u], it’s very macho and aggressive. I’m not a fan.

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is fun and breezy, though, as some other users notes, currently trending for baby boys.

[name_m]Attilio[/name_m] is alright, though I’m not too fond of the [name_m]Attila[/name_m] the Hun association.

I love [name_u]Emrys[/name_u].

[name_m]Aramis[/name_m] is cool, but might be difficult to carry.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any siblings? If so, you might want to consider how any of your prospective names would go with theirs. There’s nothing wrong with choosing to name yourself, say, [name_m]Aristotle[/name_m], when your siblings are [name_u]Mason[/name_u] and [name_u]Paisley[/name_u], or [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] when your siblings are [name_m]Socrates[/name_m] and Themistoclea, but it would give me pause.

Yeah, ive got a younger brother, called [name_m]Cailan[/name_m] (scottish family name) but honestly finding anything at all that i like that fits with that is a struggle. Although i guess [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] probably works pretty well with it

I really like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] and [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] :blush:

pardon any repeat suggestions!

[name_u]Amos[/name_u]
[name_m]Achilles[/name_m] / [name_m]Achille[/name_m]
[name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] / [name_m]Alastair[/name_m]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Azriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Antony[/name_m] / [name_m]Antoni[/name_m]
[name_u]Auberon[/name_u]
[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] / [name_m]Aurelio[/name_m]
[name_m]Adonis[/name_m]
[name_m]Arturo[/name_m]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u]
[name_u]Aquila[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_u]Austen[/name_u] / [name_u]Austin[/name_u]

[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyprian[/name_m]
[name_m]Casimir[/name_m]
[name_m]Damian[/name_m] / [name_m]Damien[/name_m]
[name_m]Dimitri[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_m]Emilio[/name_m]
[name_m]Ephraim[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hadrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Helios[/name_m]
[name_m]Icarus[/name_m]
[name_m]Irving[/name_m]
[name_m]Isandro[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacobi[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucien[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]
[name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_m]Tiberius[/name_m]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]

your list

my favorites are [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] and [name_u]Emrys[/name_u]! I do enjoy [name_m]Attilio[/name_m] and [name_m]Aramis[/name_m] as well, though they’re less expected (seems to be a plus for you though!). [name_u]Ares[/name_u] is my least favorite from the list, ironically, considering my own name.

I definitely second [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] [name_m]Attilio[/name_m] as a combo, and think [name_m]Attilio[/name_m] [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] is a handsome choice too.

best of luck choosing! :black_heart: