Triplets! Top 5

My husband and I are expecting triplets! We’re not sure about their genders yet but we have our top 5 names for girls and boys… I just wanted to get some more opinions of our girls names!

[name]Anne[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Carolina[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Marjorie[/name]

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Out of those, my favorites are [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Carolina[/name], and [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Marjorie[/name]. I think [name]Anne[/name] seems too blunt with [name]Violet[/name] and though I like [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Frances[/name], it just doesn’t seem to go with the other names you’ve chosen.

My favorite is [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and that is the only one I wouldn’t change. I like [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Carolina[/name] too but I think it would sound better as [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. I like [name]Jillian[/name] a lot but I don’t think [name]Marjorie[/name] is the right middle name. I kinda like [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]…

I hope this helps. And congrats on TRIPLETS!!! :o

I like:

They all have a classic feel and sound great together! Not crazy about [name]Frances[/name] (unless it’s to honour a family member!) I would put [name]Anne[/name] as a middle name for [name]Laurel[/name]. Congrats and good luck- I thought picking one name was difficult!

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Carolina[/name] is my favorite! My second choice is [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name], then [name]Anne[/name] [name]Violet[/name].

[name]Anne[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Marjorie[/name]

I adore your taste and style! My favorite from the list here is [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Carolina[/name] - stylish, sassy, sophisticated. Comments on the others:

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] – I think this is a fine, average name, I just find [name]Amelia[/name] overused (or perhaps that is only where I live?), and [name]Grace[/name] always feels like a filler name to me.
[name]Anne[/name] [name]Violet[/name] – I think [name]Anna[/name] [name]Violet[/name] flows better.
[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Frances[/name] – actually, this is my second favorite! [name]Laurel[/name] is so fresh and so much lovelier than [name]Laura[/name] or [name]Lauren[/name].
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Marjorie[/name] – love this, too! This is my third favorite!

Hmmm, 3 babies to name! [name]How[/name] exciting :slight_smile:

I am fussy but I think with triplets, I’d either want them to all have the same initial or all have different because I wouldn’t like if two had the same and one had different! Lol. [name]Just[/name] me though!

My favourite name on the list is [name]Amelia[/name]…I love it so much! It’s cute and fun and very pretty. I don’t like [name]Anne[/name], it seems harsh next to [name]Amelia[/name] but [name]Anna[/name], or [name]Annabel[/name], or [name]Anya[/name], [name]Antonia[/name], [name]Annika[/name], [name]Annora[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Angelica[/name] etc would be lovely!

[name]Audrey[/name]'s not my style, it still seems old fashioned to me but I love [name]Audrey[/name] Hepburn and I get the sense that it’s less of an old lady name in the US than in the UK (where I live) so I think it would be a lovely choice for you and work well with [name]Amelia[/name]. I agree with a previous poster though that [name]Caroline[/name] sounds better with [name]Audrey[/name] than [name]Carolina[/name]. It just gives the combo the same classic feel as [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

So if you were to have 3 A name’s, my choice would be:

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Frances[/name].

As for the other names, I like [name]Laurel[/name]. I wouldn’t say I love it though, and without sounding big headed I prefer my own name, [name]Laura[/name]. Lol. I also really like [name]Lorelei[/name] if you’d consider that? [name]Laurel[/name] just doesn’t have the seem pretty feminine feel as [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name] to me whereas [name]Laura[/name] or [name]Lorelei[/name] do in my opinion. [name]Jillian[/name] is lovely, if a little dated, but I think [name]Marjorie[/name] makes it seem far my old fashioned than the other combos.

So if you went for 3 names with different initials, my choice would be:

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Margot[/name]

I hope that helps!! I just think the 3 names need to match in style because I would imagine sibling rivalry amongst triplets of the same gender could be fairly strong, and no one wants to feel they’ve pulled the short straw in the name department! Not that any of your name choices aren’t nice, but some are “prettier” and more classic than others.

The only other thing I’d point out is that [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] seems like a common combination to me (as in popular) whereas some of your other choices seem more unusual. So maybe you could use [name]Grace[/name] with one of the more unusual first names (like [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Grace[/name] for example) and but something likes [name]Frances[/name] with [name]Amelia[/name] :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Hello again you are probably tired of my opinion by now but just to reiterate

[name]Love[/name] [name]Laurel[/name] it has all the qualities of a beautiful name, the femininity, the sweetness, the lilt as you say it, the fact that it is fresh and yet well known, not way out, it is just lovely.

I am not a fan of [name]Jillian[/name] and much prefer the sweeter [name]Julia[/name].

[name]Frances[/name] is not my cup of tea it has a heavy feel to it but it does work well in the combo of [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Frances[/name] so I would still say use it if you love the names.

I think everyone likes [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and I agree that it is a more common combo than the other choices.

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Margot[/name] is a pretty choice

So, you have three beautiful girls named:

[name]Amelia[/name], [name]Laurel[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] I like the repeat of the ‘l’ in their names, it gives it a lovely flow.

[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Margot[/name]

more ideas

Short and sweet

[name]Lara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Classic

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Helen[/name]
[name]Katrina[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

Well loved names

[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]May[/name]

Names that do not end in ‘a’

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Marianne[/name] [name]Hope[/name]

Appealingly different combos

[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Jacinta[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]May[/name]

best wishes

rollo

Hey! Thanks for the great responses. I have a tendency to ramble so I’m going to try to separate my thoughts and comments :slight_smile:

1. We have found out… our triplets are THREE GIRLS, and I am SO overjoyed!!! :smiley: So we’ll be needing names for 3 sweet little girls!
  2. After hearing it from a few different people, I have noticed that [name]Anne[/name] doesn’t have the best flow with [name]Violet[/name] as a middle name. Would [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] be a good fix?
  3. My husband has decided that he does NOT like the name [name]Laurel[/name]. I did not see this coming and I couldn’t bring myself to use a name that he doesn’t like so [name]Laurel[/name] is out :frowning: .
  4. [name]Margot[/name] isn’t a possible replacement for [name]Marjorie[/name] because it’s one of my husband’s sister’s names. I would feel bad using it and not using the name of the other sister to honor her as well. I do like it however! [name]Marjorie[/name] was my great-grandmother’s name and it’s really starting to grow on me! Could it work as a first name, as in [name]Marjorie[/name] [name]Frances[/name]? Thoughts?
  5. To offset the popularity of the [name]Amelia[/name]/[name]Grace[/name] combination, which are names we both like, my husband and I have come up with [name]Josephine[/name] as a mn for [name]Amelia[/name]. [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. If our last name is two syllables, would this be too much of a mouthful? Or does it work?
  6. We’ve paired [name]Grace[/name] with [name]Jillian[/name]. My husband had mentioned changing the spelling of [name]Jillian[/name] to [name]Gillian[/name], but I think if it is paired with [name]Grace[/name], the J spelling is probably a better bet. However, I do like [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] as much as I like [name]Grace[/name]. Would either of these be a better mn for [name]Jillian[/name]? Or should we revert back to our original option of [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]? Decisions decisions…
  7. rollo- Of course I’m not tired of your opinions! Keep them coming!!
  8. My husband wanted me to add that we also like the names [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Lorelei[/name], and [name]Tess[/name]. Could [name]Lucy[/name] be a nickname for [name]Eloise[/name]? Maybe? And how could we use [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Lorelei[/name]? [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name] perhaps?

Okay, okay I know 4 out of our top 5 names have changed, call me indecisive. I just really feel the pressure now that I know I have THREE little girls to name! I would love to know what you guys think about our heavily revised name list… can’t wait to hear your responses :slight_smile:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Marjorie[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Marjorie[/name] was my great-grandmother’s name and it’s really starting to grow on me! Could it work as a first name, as in [name]Marjorie[/name] [name]Frances[/name]? Thoughts?

I think [name]Marjorie[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] has possibilities. I think [name]Scarlett[/name] is a great first name.

To offset the popularity of the [name]Amelia[/name]/[name]Grace[/name] combination, this is a great choice popular or not, she would be a lucky girl to own this name.

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] I love this combo!
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] I also loved [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] can’t we keep it?
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Carolina[/name] This would be my third choice from your list

My sis is named [name]Gillian[/name] (nn [name]Jill[/name]/[name]Jilly[/name]) and her mn is [name]Lucille[/name]. You mentioned [name]Lucy[/name] so do you think that [name]Lucille[/name] might be a goer?

[name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Margot[/name] and [name]Carolina[/name] all seem to be in common with each other. I love everyone of these names.

On the other hand [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Marjorie[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] seem to be on a different page, combos [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Marjorie[/name] [name]Frances[/name] as sisters and they would need another sister named [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] to make up as triplets. Not that I am in love with this as it is not my style but they would go well together.

[name]Marjorie[/name] [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name] if I had to choose between these two I would choose [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name] but love [name]Tessa[/name], combo of [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Frances[/name].

I can’t see your DH using [name]Lorelai[/name] if he doesn’t like [name]Laurel[/name].

My final list that I mixed and mashed around

[name]Lucille[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name], nn’s of [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Elle[/name]. I would be happy with that sibset.

So sad to say goodbye to [name]Laurel[/name].

best wishes and keep us posted.

rollo

1. [name]Marjorie[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is quite nice! [name]Scarlett[/name] doesn’t have much of an appeal to us as a first name anymore (we fear the nn Scar) but it makes a lovely middle name!
  2. [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] might very well make a comeback! I like [name]Josephine[/name], I’m just not completely sold on it.
  3. I’m SO glad you like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name]! It does have a nice ring to it, much softer than [name]Anne[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. I think this one is a keeper!
  4. [name]Lucille[/name] sounds kind of grandmotherly to me- we wouldn’t use it to get to [name]Lucy[/name]. [name]Eloise[/name] nn [name]Lucy[/name] is more of what we were thinking.
  5. [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? I’m not sure where you got that from but I don’t see my husband and I ever using that as a name for our child… Ironically, [name]Stella[/name] was put on a list of names that neither of us liked. I wasn’t aware that [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Marjorie[/name] were that different from [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Carolina[/name], etc. in their style… I’ll think on that.
  6. [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Frances[/name] seems to run together a little bit when I say it out loud. Maybe [name]Tess[/name] could work as a middle name? Somehow?
  7. I didn’t even think about [name]Laurel[/name] vs. [name]Lorelei[/name]. I asked my husband about it and he just said that [name]Laurel[/name] seemed ‘too plain’. I can see how [name]Lorelei[/name] would seem a bit more… intriguing? for lack of a better word.
  8. I hadn’t thought of [name]Mia[/name] as a nn for [name]Amelia[/name]- only [name]Millie[/name]! [name]Mia[/name] is quite nice!

Thanks for putting up with these novels that I’ve been posting… I just have SO many thoughts :wink:

Sorry for throwing in [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] just thought it fitted the style.

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] you could also nn her [name]Lulu[/name], but I think you prefer [name]Lucy[/name].

Possible nn’s for [name]Amelia[/name] are [name]Lia[/name] ([name]Leah[/name]), [name]Amy[/name], [name]Milly[/name], [name]Mia[/name]

Audora, I was so excited that you are expecting three girls!
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is beautiful! You could also go with [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Violet[/name], which is just as pretty.
I love [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]–so classic! So here are my favorites:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

I adore your new choices!!

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] particularly stand out to me!

I also really love [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Lorelei[/name].

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] nn [name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]/[name]Lulu[/name]/[name]Lula[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Millie[/name]/[name]Mia[/name]/[name]Amy[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Grace[/name] nn [name]Lora[/name]/[name]Laurel[/name]/[name]Rory[/name]

Other choices I like:

[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Tess[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Tess[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Carolina[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Marjorie[/name]
[name]Marjorie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (I feel like [name]Marjorie[/name] needs a light middle like [name]Grace[/name] to freshen it up a bit though it is sweet)
[name]Marjorie[/name] [name]Tess[/name]

Best of luck!

i [name]LOVE[/name] your name choices so much i am now adding eloise to my list for possible future girl names!

favorites

Loreli [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Marjorie[/name] (i really like [name]Magnolia[/name], but its nice [name]Marjorie[/name] has family significance for you)

I have an almost 2 year old [name]Jillian[/name], and think [name]Jillian[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] are so adorable together!

Hey all! Sorry for being completely [name]MIA[/name] for a while… We’ve been heavily deliberating. And we have a verdict! Our girls’ names will be:

(drumroll) :wink:

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Marjorie[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]

Last minute comments/suggestions are totally welcome- Speak now or forever hold your peace! Thanks again for all of your input, we couldn’t have done it without you guys!

Congratulations on finding the perfect names! :slight_smile:

[name]Eloise[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Marjorie[/name] go together beautifully!

While they are both beautiful names, [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Marjorie[/name] sound A LOT a like imo. Infact they seem like tongue twisters. I love [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Marjorie[/name] together though.