Trouble deciding!

So i have posted here before and i got some great names from you guys. since then we have changed our minds quite a bit on our favorites for a 1st name. Again,our first son’s name is very unique, (his nam is Oled pronounced o-LAID after his [name]Moroccan[/name] grandfather, and his middle name is [name]Adam[/name]). We have already agreed the baby’s middle name will be a [name]Moroccan[/name] name (Hisham pronounced HE-sham). We have pretty much narrowed it down to three, but will be happy with any other suggestions. Thanks for all your help!

[name]Javan[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name]/[name]Matheo[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] again!

[name]Javan[/name]: I’m not familiar with this name, but of the three you’ve listed, I think it’s the only name that works with Oled and Hisham stylistically. That said, I don’t think [name]Javan[/name] Hisham flows very well. :frowning:

[name]Matteo[/name]/[name]Matheo[/name]: I think [name]Matteo[/name] is awesome, but the Italian [name]Matteo[/name] paired with the [name]Moroccan[/name] Hisham (and a sibling named Oled) doesn’t work for me. The differences between styles and origins are too jarring for me.

[name]Angus[/name]: I love [name]Angus[/name], but for me, the Scottish [name]Angus[/name] doesn’t mix with the [name]Moroccan[/name] Hisham and Oled. :frowning: I’m sorry!

From your list, I’d go with [name]Javan[/name].

Maybe you could give us some more ideas that are similar to [name]Javan[/name].

1st off, thanks for all your help! and 2nd, we may just have to admit that if we want one of those 3 names, we may need a new middle name! So let’s kind of turn this around, what names would you choose as a middle name with [name]Javan[/name], [name]Matteo[/name] or [name]Angus[/name]? FYI: in the Bible, [name]Javan[/name] was [name]Noah[/name]'s grandson. We liked the name [name]Japeth[/name] ([name]Noah[/name]'s son) but didn’t like how it sounded with Hisham. And we [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Matteo[/name] because of it’s Italian origin (we met, married and had Oled in [name]Florence[/name], [name]Italy[/name]) :slight_smile:

Here are some more names that were on our list

[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Leighton[/name]
[name]Leland[/name]

Thanks again for all you guy’s help! :slight_smile:

1st off, thanks for all your help! and 2nd, we may just have to admit that if we want one of those 3 names, we may need a new middle name! So let’s kind of turn this around, what names would you choose as a middle name with [name]Javan[/name], [name]Matteo[/name] or [name]Angus[/name]? FYI: in the Bible, [name]Javan[/name] was [name]Noah[/name]'s grandson. We liked the name [name]Japeth[/name] ([name]Noah[/name]'s son) but didn’t like how it sounded with Hisham. And we [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Matteo[/name] because of it’s Italian origin (we met, married and had Oled in [name]Florence[/name], [name]Italy[/name]) :slight_smile:

Here are some more names that were on our list
[name]Japeth[/name] - I like [name]Japheth[/name] better because it’s softer. [name]Japeth[/name] is a variation of [name]Japheth[/name]. I find that [name]Japeth[/name] is hard to say.
[name]Angus[/name] - Personally I don’t like this name because it makes me think of an angry steer. But lots of people like it.
[name]Matteo[/name] - love this.
[name]Connor[/name] - trendy. Lots of people like it, but I don’t like it. Sorry!
[name]Abel[/name] - Makes me think of [name]Cain[/name] killing him. I went to a lot of [name]Sunday[/name] School when I was young.
[name]Oliver[/name] - love this. It’s popular though.
[name]Leighton[/name] - do not like
[name]Leland[/name] - like it better than [name]Leighton[/name] for some reason. Maybe because it’s more simple to spell and sometimes I love names that end in a consonant/d blend.

Let us posters know what first names you like and then we’ll think of some middle names.

My favorites first names are:

[name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Javan[/name] ([name]JAY[/name]-van) the “van” rhymes with “fun”
[name]Oliver[/name] - but yes, a bit too trendy for me
[name]Jasper[/name] - once again, very trendy

Thanks for explaining things! For me, a little boy named Oled needs a sibling with either another [name]Moroccan[/name] name or a similarly exotic name, but that’s just me. Of the names you love, I think [name]Matteo[/name] meets Oled’s exotic feel, but the others are just too different.

[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Leighton[/name]: This is pretty much a girls’ name (thanks to the Gossip Girl actress)…
[name]Leland[/name]

I’d go with [name]Matteo[/name] from your list.

More Italian names:
[name]Alessio[/name]
[name]Caruso[/name]
[name]Cosimo[/name]
[name]Fabrizio[/name]
[name]Italo[/name]
[name]Rafaele[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Maximo[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Ok guys, so I talked to my hubby, and we changed middle names to go better with the first names we like. Let me know if you think the names still sound a little harsh.

[name]Matteo[/name] [name]Khalil[/name]
[name]Javan[/name] [name]Amir[/name]

I’d hands down go with [name]Javan[/name] with Oled. They sound like brothers. While I like [name]Matteo[/name], I think he’s a little too trendy with Oled. I think [name]Javan[/name] is quite cool, the [name]Jay[/name] sound is familiar and trendy (like how the O sound is trendy) but the name as a whole is exotic. I think it’s really a perfect match for Oled!

I like [name]Matteo[/name] [name]Khalil[/name], love [name]Khalil[/name]