Trying to figure out if this would work

Hello! (This is all hypothetical by the way)

So I love the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and the name [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]. I know I could always do [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] but I was thinking about them as sibling names.

And then it hit me that even though I would call an [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Addie[/name_f], a possible nickname is [name_f]Della[/name_f]. Meaning there would be a [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and a [name_f]Della[/name_f]. [name_m]Way[/name_m] too cheesy. What are your thoughts? And can you think of any name alternatives?

It’s quite similar. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] and have [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?
Other ideas
[name_f]Adele[/name_f] ( [name_f]Addie[/name_f])
[name_u]Addison[/name_u] ([name_f]Addy[/name_f])
?

Hmmm, I don’t think [name_f]Della[/name_f] is, like, * the * most intuitive nickname for [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]. Like, if there was a [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], the natural nickname is [name_f]Kate[/name_f], or with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], it’s [name_u]Penny[/name_u]. So, what I’m saying is that if you gave an [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] the nickname [name_f]Addie[/name_f], I don’t think people would start calling her [name_f]Della[/name_f] because it’s the easiest one. [name_f]Della[/name_f] works as a nickname, but I think you would have to actively promote it, if that makes sense. Sorry if that was a little confusing, lol!!

5 Likes

Completely agree with Anniebrown01

While I agree with anniebrown01, there’s definitely a chance that [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] might want to go by [name_f]Della[/name_f] when she grows up.
What about [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?
Or [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]? [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]?

Ooo I love these suggestions. [name_f]Do[/name_f] any of you think it would be better spelled [name_f]Adaline[/name_f]?

Could deffo go [name_f]Adaline[/name_f] :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As long as you use [name_f]Addie[/name_f] as the nn, I think it’s fine!

I think it’s fine! Because [name_f]Della[/name_f] would be the nickname you could always change the nn, so (hypothetically) go for it!