Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

@meyera4 good luck :slight_smile:

So Iā€™ve been using the OPKs and havenā€™t noticed a surge yet. AF ended on [name_u]September[/name_u] 29th. I noticed some spotting today so Iā€™m very curious as to what that could be about. Implantation bleeding? Body still adjusting? [name_m]Just[/name_m] random spotting? (oh, how little I missed this part of ttcā€¦lol)

2 Likes

I am currently 8DPO and I have noticed some very very light brownish/pinkish spotting but my period isnā€™t due for another week. I canā€™t recall whether or not if I had implantation bleeds with my boys, as it was nearly 7 and 4 years ago now.

Keep us posted! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Howā€™s it going [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]? Have been keeping my fingers crossed for you! :sparkles:

[name_f]My[/name_f] fertile window just ended (1DPO today) so Iā€™m back in the dreaded TWW. Iā€™ve had some (unrelated) physical health issues this month that, other than not making me feel particularly sexy, made BD slightly uncomfortable. So, we didnā€™t get to BD as much as I would have liked this month. But hey, it only takes one time, right?

Weā€™ve actually booked in a fertility consultation for mid-December so we can get on the waitlist for publicly funded treatment sooner rather than later. Iā€™m having CD21 blood tests (incl AMH) on [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]. SO will get blood/semen analysis done soon after. Hopefully thereā€™s no obvious reasons we canā€™t conceive. :crossed_fingers:t2:

Howā€™s everyone else doing?

4 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] AF also ended around the 30th [name_u]September[/name_u] @namergirl3 - perhaps our cycles are similar.

I did a few OPKā€™s this month but not religiously. When I have a few days of super faint lines I kind of get discouraged and stop using themā€¦ probably not the best method.

Apart from some twinging around when my app said I should have been ovulating Iā€™ve had no other signs of ovulation.
AF is now due in 5 days, so Iā€™m gonna try and be good and wait it out!

1 Like

Thanks for the check-in. So my period was actually 5 days early!!! That would explain the spotting :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: and had just ended as of yesterday. No idea why that happened. [name_f]My[/name_f] periods have been regular the last few months, but this month was a weird one. I hope itā€™s not the same again next month. It really messes with my cycle data.

Iā€™ve had to get covid tests for me, my partner and my boys this week as my youngest is poorly with a high temperature and cough. Our results are negative, for myself and my youngest, so it is looking like he has just a nasty virus. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner has been mostly in bed for 2 days now though, we find out his result in the morning.

Iā€™m sorry about some health issues youā€™ve been experiencing. I hope you are on the mend.

Booking yourself in and your partner for fertility checks sounds like a plan, if anything, to offer the reasurance. I will be able to do the same from [name_u]February[/name_u]. That will actually equate to a year then, since I had my coil removed. Currently though itā€™s month 8 I think of TTC as I didnā€™t get a period for 3 months when the coil eas taken out.

I hope you get some good news before the year is out though. Iā€™ll be :crossed_fingers: for you. Keep us updated.

1 Like

Another thing I wanted to add ( this may be contentious for some) especially those who are religious and donā€™t like this sort of thing, so apologies in advance. Obviously itā€™s not a conversation I am encouraging you to participate in, if thatā€™s the case.
Soooo I actually had a tarot reading done, and it was specific to fertility and she mentioned the following

1. [name_f]My[/name_f] conception time would be between June-August 22.
  2. The gender will be a girl, she had strong girl energy.

She did alert me to the fact about a blockage of some sort. And she said this wasnā€™t from me ( everything was fine with me), it was from my partner. She suggested either physical or spiritual but to get the physical aspect checked out.

For those who remember, my partner recently got checked for a type of swelling he found in one of his testicals. Well imagine my disbelief when we find this out literally the day after I have this tarot reading! Is that not coincidental?

Anyway, we have since got my partner checked and they confirmed that the swelling will not impact his fertility, nevertheless she did draw me to the fact, so I found it useful, because for him it was also worrying him, naturally.

Next, on the subject of spiritual blockage. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner was resistant to the idea of a third for some time. And I do wonder if deep down he does feel the same way and this is why we havenā€™t concieved. I donā€™t know :expressionless: but itā€™s food for thought.

Lastly, she did say that my partner is tired ( she is right, he works long hours) and they itā€™s wise to get him on some zinc and magnesium. So he is now and feels tons better.

Anyway if youā€™ve made it this far in reading this, great lol.
I think my mind will be blown if I do concieve in the months she suggested. Especially as it will give me the Feb baby that Iā€™d love in an ideal birth month.

Anyway, I shall take all this with a pinch of salt. But I do find myself thinking about what she has said.
I will continue the TTC efforts each month regardless. And again, none of this may actually come true.

7 Likes

On CD 1 of cycle 11 now, so weā€™re also booking in to see what tests we should do, at least starting with a SA. Hopefully everything comes back good for you!

I have multiple pregnant co-workers right now so thereā€™s lots off baby talk at work, which is exciting, but also hard. Hopefully weā€™re not too far away.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s really interesting @anon25197097 - Iā€™m really into tarot cards and have a pack myself.

Have you looked at the lunar conception method theory before? Itā€™s not everyoneā€™s cup of tea and definitely not proven. But I personally really relate to the moon cycles and how they affect my mood and general health.

So basically it claims you are at your most fertile when the moon is in the same phase as when you were born. So for me itā€™s a waning crescent. When I looked back, the moon was in that exact phase when I conceived my son.
At the moment the lunar calendar isnā€™t syncing up with when my app says I should ovulate until next year. Obviously not going to let that stop us from trying.
Might be interesting to look ahead to [name_u]July[/name_u] / [name_u]August[/name_u] next year and see if yours sync up?

1 Like

Wow I didnā€™t know this at all. I know that the recent harvest/blood full moon weā€™ve had was in my sign of [name_u]Aries[/name_u] but I am not fertile yet :roll_eyes::joy:

Anyone feeling a bit restless and bored lately? You can blame it on that :joy:

I believe my moon was a waning crescent when I was born too. I shall have to double check that. Would I be able to check what the moon is doing so far in advance? Is there a moon app. Thanks good to know!

1 Like

@minxtruck hope you are feeling better! Fingers crossed on the testing! Those tests may seem small but they can often provide valuable insight. It can be so hard to know what to hope forā€¦I remember almost hoping theyā€™d find something so there would at least be an answer and maybe a treatment!

@georgiegeorgie sounds like it! OPKs can be so annoyingā€¦pretty much did the same as you this time lol. Hoping you get a positive in a few days!

@anon25197097 hmmmā€¦maybe the sickness messed with your period? Sucks either way though, sorry to hear that! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] you guys tested negative and hope your partner does too! It is so hard when your little ones are sick :frowning: feel better soon!
Thatā€™s really interesting about the reading! Iā€™m not into that at all myself but it is very interesting! Maybe it will happen! It isnā€™t the same thing but a friend of mine was telling me she did that ring test, where you dangle your wedding ring above your stomach and it tells you how many kids youā€™ll have and in what order. She has a few kids and it has been spot on for her so far! Crazy!

All is okay over here. No further symptoms or anything really. The weather has turned pretty cold here lately so Iā€™ve been distracted by a cooped up toddler lol. Weā€™re trying to keep plugging forward with normal life and not focus on the guilt-ridden holiday months coming ahead :roll_eyes: people are already nagging us and it isnā€™t even Halloween yet!

As far as testing, I may next week or so. I use the Ovia app, which has always been fairly accurate for me despite PCOS, and it predicts my period should occur around the 5th of [name_u]November[/name_u]. I donā€™t have much inclination to test (still nervous about ttc this time!) so I will likely wait and test around then, or maybe use a cheap test next week. I started taking a prenatal last week, just in case, so weā€™re covered there!

1 Like

This is the website. You can set the start date for literally whenever you like, so it will give you the next Julyā€™s for sure. Itā€™s a bit of fun anyway.

You can download a moon app to tell you the phases and signs if youā€™re interested. Full moon in Aries yesterday (my sign too) and I definitely felt it this week - all the headaches!

3-4 days til AF is dueā€¦ but not sure this is our month. Just a gut feeling.

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] checking inā€¦ I got my IUD out four months (or maybe three? somewhere in June/July) ago, and still havenā€™t had a full cycleā€¦ I had some heavy ish spotting at one point that may have been a period (but not like my typical periods used to be). I was really hoping I wasnā€™t going to be totally irregular starting out, but itā€™s not looking good so far!

Iā€™m trying to decide at what point I should go to the doctor about itā€¦ I feel like theyā€™re going to tell me I need to lose weight, so I think Iā€™m going to try to focus on that for a few months and see if I can get anywhere, and then maybe if things still arenā€™t moving by [name_u]January[/name_u] Iā€™ll see about getting an appointment? Iā€™m also not really sure how much I want to interveneā€¦ we have two kids already, and I do think I want one more, but if itā€™s going to be significantly harder to get pregnant this time, maybe not? Hopefully Iā€™m over thinking things, but I canā€™t help but spiral sometimes!

Hello! It took me three months to get my period back after IUD removal. Usually you get a withdrawal bleed, which sounds like what you had and then a proper period. My periods and cycles are all normal now. Sometimes it takes women longer to get back into a cycle. I donā€™t think there is a lot they can do, they say to go on the pill but thatā€™s counter productive when you wish to TTC your third. I am TTC our third at the moment. We are on month 8 TTC, which has taken me by surprise as my boys were first month TTC, which was very fortunate.

Hope this helps.
@shalexis

Sounds good! I am going to see what I can find out tonight :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] popping in to say we didnā€™t try during the [name_u]September[/name_u] window haha and he wasnā€™t home for Octoberā€™s. He will be home for Novemberā€™s which gives us an [name_u]August[/name_u] baby maybe! Weā€™ll see how it rolls out. Iā€™m feeling pretty apathetic about pregnancy and motherhood these days, trying to find the excitement again, been looking at baby clothes and stuff to spark an interest in the ā€œfun partsā€ at least.

5 Likes

I think thatā€™s us out for [name_u]October[/name_u]. AF due [name_f]Monday[/name_f], but I couldnā€™t wait and took a cheapie yesterday. BFN. [name_m]Roll[/name_m] on [name_u]November[/name_u]!

4 Likes

Still 9 days before AF is due here, but Iā€™ve had an infection and just finished a course of antibiotics so Iā€™m not holding my breath this cycleā€¦.

I really hope one of us gets to start the Jul-Sep 2022 thread soon! :sparkles::crossed_fingers:t2:

7 Likes

Back in the TWW. Had the most vivid dream last night that I gave birth to a daughter in the car on the way to the hospital :flushed: But she was sweet and dark haired/eyed like me (DD is fair and blue eyed like DH) and we named her [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] because she was our ā€˜good newsā€™ :pleading_face:

8 Likes

What a beautiful dream! (despite maybe kind of stressful giving birth in a car haha)

Iā€™m on CD26 today (10 DPO). This month we didnā€™t really have a good opportunity to BD around ovulation. One day may have gotten us a chance but Iā€™m not feeling too optimistic. Yesterday and today Iā€™ve felt a little crampy. I took a pregnancy test yesterday because I have no self control haha and it was negative. AF is due on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] (in 5 days). I donā€™t usually feel crampy before my period starts so I thought maybe it was implantation cramps but I donā€™t think the timing is right for that either. Itā€™s probably just gas :rofl: Ugh I hate symptom spotting but I canā€™t help it sometimes!

Good luck to everyone in the TWW!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apparently, all I needed to do this time was voice my frustration to the universe! I think Iā€™ve started my period. Itā€™s still waaaayyy lighter than a typical cycle for me, but it does seem more like a period than the spotting I had previouslyā€¦ So thatā€™s good? Weā€™ll see how things go for the next few days before I feel confident haha

4 Likes