Ttc 2024

Aaaah I’m confused now. [name_f]My[/name_f] OPK at 530 a.m this morning was negative but just now (11:30ish) I was in the bathroom checking and EWCM! I’m glad but a little weirder out that my surge prediction was negative and now the mucus has appeared a few hours later. Is that normal?

@pacifica - From my experience, the two never coordinated!! In the cycles I’d get EWCM it would happen usually 4-5 days before I’d ovulate (confirmation of exact timing by BBT). However!!! I conceived multiple times by starting to time intercourse at the appearance of EWCM instead of waiting for that positive OPK days later. The EWCM is the best for keeping the sperm alive and well in the seminal pool as they wait for the egg to drop, and in good conditions sperm can survive for around 5 days. I’d suggest start having sex tonight and the next few days to ensure your best chances, I bet you’ll see a positive OPK in 48-72 hours.

1 Like

Thanks for the (speedy) info, I’m all over the place emotionally rn!! :revolving_hearts: I’m home inseminating so I’ll go ahead and do it later tonight and cross my fingers. Im hoping the CM and dropping BBT will be good signs even if my OPK hasn’t gone positive yet.

1 Like

@pacifica - Oops!! I’m sorry, hopefully I caused no offence, I’ve been lightly following this thread and now that I’ve connected your username with your posts I feel silly! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you only have enough semen for one attempt this round? I’ve had friends conceive with donors for various reasons and I know the timing sometimes really stressed them out. I think attempting today or tomorrow could give you really great odds though! It’s always best to have sperm waiting instead of trying to hit that moving target of ovulation! Sending you so much love and luck!!!

1 Like

Oh don’t worry at all, I don’t mind! It’s only about one step removed from traditional baby dancing :joy: Everyone in this thread has been lovely, and I feel grateful it exists for us to commiserate + share info. Originally I was nervous about how I might be received as a single parent by choice but that’s been a non issue.

And yes I have just one sperm vial for this month but if things don’t take I will plan on ordering 2-3 vials next time around just to have that extra go at it. Thanks for the well wishes!

1 Like

@pacifica - It’s an old thread, but (if the link works, if not, scroll down parentberries, it’s from 2022) there’s a discussion about some berries that had DC babies or plans for them a few years ago if you are interested in reading! I believe quite a few are still active on Nameberry and would gladly offer you further support in your journey too!

https://forum.nameberry.com/t/donor-conceived-babies

3 Likes

@pacifica I’ve heard that the hormone tested for in OPKs is actually best tested for at lunch time. But take that with a quite large pinch of salt. Good luck!

1 Like

Finally a very dark positive OPK on CD24 at like 6pm! [name_f]Praise[/name_f] the [name_m]Lord[/name_m]!

I’m so happy! I know ovulation may be tomorrow or even the day after but at least there’s a chance! I know it’s considered “late” now but if it’s tomorrow hopefully [name_m]Thursday[/name_m], [name_m]Friday[/name_m] & [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] were enough tries (and maybe tonight or tomorrow?) I know it only takes once but I guess I want to make the most of it now that it’s hopefully happening for real this cycle :smiley:

4 Likes

So glad you had a good birthday week! [name_f]Happy[/name_f] belated! :partying_face:

Envious of you getting to hang things. We’re renting still (anticipated move next year when we’ll have been here 2-3 years and we didn’t want to buy without knowing we were going to be here longer) and, while our landlords allow hanging things with needles :roll_eyes: we’ve tried to hang things and it just doesn’t work like they insist it does…so we both really look forward to buying maybe next year wherever my husband gets his first post-doctoral job and we can hang more than a calendar lol So that’s neat!

Yes, I think those sorts of griefs are different but both very sad/frustrating.

@turnip yes, it’ll take you a few months to see a pattern particularly with BBT.
@pacifica second morning urine is typically recommended for testing LH as opposed to first morning like with HCG (pregnancy). It also helps to hold it for at least 2-4hrs so that the concentration is high enough to yield an accurate result.

Best wishes to all :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok, I know full well I wouldn’t already know if I’m pregnant but that hasn’t stopped me from interpreting every little symptom as “a sign” :joy: and doing wayyyy too much Googling.

In an attempt to keep myself (somewhat) busy, I’ve been rewatching Bridgerton since the new season is relatively close, and pulling extra hours at work. But it’s not doing much to keep my thoughts at bay. They really need to develop a method for knowing instantly if you conceived. Is there anything y’all like to do to preserve your sanity during waiting periods?

1 Like

I think this is such an important thing for people to realise. Theres is so much angst and frustration created when “it didn’t happen the first time”, but that is so statistically unlikely. Most providers recommend 12 months of trying before seeking assistance because that’s how long it can taken, even if both partners are in tip top health.

Give yourself room to breath. Xx

2 Likes

Luckily we figured out that there was a “not” missing in that sentence :sweat_smile: I’m aware it takes several tries more often than not, but a 20% success rate per year still seemed a little too small. (Just doing cowboy mathematics, that would mean the average baby takes 5 years to conceive. Simply from considering the most common sibling age gaps, that couldn’t be true.)

1 Like

Thanks for the logic! :revolving_hearts: That’s what I need more of, I think. It’d be awesome if it happened quickly but realistically I’ve probably got a long road ahead of me.

I’m doing better as time goes on and focusing on other things like hobbies and home projects is helping. I’ll just have to keep reminding myself to manage expectations.

1 Like

Feeling a bit down today at 8DPO. Not too bad, we had a weekend getaway to [name_f]Miami[/name_f] last weekend so that’s helped and I decided to stop temping after confirming ovulation occurred and just test on 3/9 (11DPO) as it’s DH’s spring break so I don’t want to wake him every morning with testing.

I think I’m just a bit down because spring is on the horizon and I’ve always wanted to have my first baby be a spring baby. I know that’s super particular and don’t get me wrong, I’d be thrilled to have a baby this year even if it’s in the late fall/early winter but I was hoping to be almost ready to have my first at 30, not still trying to hopefully have my first by 31.

That said, we got O, O-2, O-4, and O-5. Still, I guess I’m a little cautious to be optimistic that it’s going to happen without intervention…

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you all are doing well! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@cms1512 I’m glad you got to get away for a bit! How was the weather in [name_f]Miami[/name_f]? Very jealous because over here it has been really cold and gray (typical for here but still a downer). It’s even tried to snow a couple of times… :cold_face:

Recently I’ve been occupied with feeding new (?) strays that’ve shown up around my house. Up to one chicken and two cats now that I bring out food for. I’m not sure why the house seems to be a magnet but I don’t mind making sure they have something to eat.

I’m still feeling pretty impatient to take a pregnancy test. It’s too early but I keep having things happen that seem like symptoms and even if I’m not pregnant it’d be nice to know if I’m potentially sick for some other reason and just doing too much wishful thinking lol

It was a bit rainy but hot/humid, in the high 70s/low 80s. We were inside most of the time but it was good other than that!

What DPO are you? I’m 9DPO and plan to test [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] at 11DPO and then 12DPO if my period doesn’t show.

1 Like

Totally! At least twice after a negative test I wasn’t sure if I’m more bummed about not being pregnant or about still having no explanation for why I was feeling odd :sweat_smile:

I visited my parents for the weekend and not only did I see my godson (who is beginning to walk and such a happy child :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ), I got to have a little chat with his mother, making her the third person irl who knows we’re actively ttc.
I’ve also started measuring my temperature every morning to try and track my cycle. It’s too early to tell if it’s working but I’m optimistic.

2 Likes

If the humidity weren’t a thing that sounds like perfect weather! :sun_with_face:

I’m 8 DPO today. Inseminated on the 26th of [name_f]February[/name_f] so I figure I’ll take my first test 2 weeks out from that, so on the 11th. Period is due on the 13th so I guess… I’ll keep testing until it shows up or I get a BFP! :woman_shrugging:

@Wandarine that sounds like a lovely visit! Is he a bit wobbly on his feet or walking like a champ? So cute!! The only little one in my life is my cousin’s daughter and she’s getting so big it’s crazy to me. Soon she’ll be in kindergarten :sob:

And yes i totally agree, i mostly just want a reason for how I’m feeling. Yesterday I took a nap in the afternoon (i never nap) and went to bed early and still feel tired today plus a little nausea and what might be hot flashes at night. They don’t make me sweat but I’ve just felt oddly warm in a way I’m not used to since I run cold.

1 Like

The Metformin I take for my PCOS has messed with me so much (nausea, fatigue, etc) that I don’t really think anything is pregnancy anymore so if it happens without intervention, maybe I’ll be surprised lol although my body seems to have finally adjusted to this dosage after upping in [name_f]October[/name_f] (almost six months ago :weary: :melting_face:) so maybe I’ll need to up it again soon.

Ugh starting BBT is rough. Yeah, it takes a while to notice patterns. The nice thing is now I know I typically have a dip the day of ovulation so it’s a nice warning!

2 Likes

The nice thing is that if the symptoms are from pregnancy, HCG will be high enough to test positive. That’s what I remind myself.

I’m not testing until Sat/Sun but I kinda have a feeling I might already be out this cycle as I don’t really feel any different (maybe that’s naïve? lol) which leaves one more shot for a 2024 baby. Of course, if implantation is typically 8-10DPO I wouldn’t feel anything yet anyway.

We’ll see! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you all have any fun plans?

1 Like