TTC 6 Months +

This thread is for all of those Berries who have been trying to conceive a baby for longer than six months. Good luck everyone!

shilo - since September 2010 - BFP!
allielle - since March 2011 - BFP!
butterflykisses - since March 2012
kliendavis - since March 2012 - BFP!
violetink - since October 2012
koralreef - since April 2013
sarahmezz - since April 2013
shannonmt - since May 2013
karamia - since July 2013
maggiefromcanada - since July 2013
vec1013 - since July 2013 - BFP!
bettydogooder - since August 2013
amoser - since December 2013
luckylocket - since January 2014
mdeast77
nymphalis antiopa

^ This all looks awfully sad, but there will soon be some BFPs here, mark my words! :smiley:

Thanks so much [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] for making this thread!!

I am so happy for this thread!

Thanks for starting this thread [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]! I think a thread for us longer TTCers its a great idea. Im just over 6 months TTC now and it sucks :frowning:

I know some ppl here have tried for much longer and i think your all amazing. This is a club that nobody wants to be a member of and no one else save our partners gets it but im glad we can band together in mutual understanding and friendship :wink:

Thanks and great idea, [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]! I’m at 7 months now, but only 6 cycles in (well, I’m partway through #6) because of PCOS. I hope we can all support each other through this stressful process!

I think this is a nice idea.

I cannot say cycles because I don’t really get cycles because of PCOS. I am on month 42. We started trying in [name_f]September[/name_f] of 2010. I have suspected PCOS since 2011 and recently had it confirmed. Due to the PCOS, I have very irregular cycles and don’t ovulate on my own. I just started 1000mg of Metformin on [name_u]January[/name_u] 30th for my PCOS and it will hopefully make me ovulate and regulate my cycles. I am hoping to go up to 1500mg when I go to my next appointment on the 27th. I will be having an ovarian ultrasound that day too to check on ovarian cysts and whether or not I will need surgery. If the Metformin does not make me ovulate and I am not pregnant by [name_u]June[/name_u]/[name_f]July[/name_f] then we will try Clomid. For now I am just using a ton of OPKs waiting to see if the Metformin is going to make me ovulate or not. Until ovulation starts happening, I’m still pretty much at a stand still but atleast we’re heading in the right direction. It’s very tempting to try Clomid now but you can only do it so many times and your chances are better in combination with Metformin. Because of that, I am trying to be patient and hold off for 5 months to let the Metformin start working before I throw Clomid into the mix.

It’s been really hard. I have breakdowns about it alot and I can’t lie and say I’m not pretty depressed alot of the time. It’ll happen one day though.

That’s the gist of my story.

[name_f]My[/name_f] story is that I’m currently in my fertile window and this is cycle 12. We’ve decided to try naturally for 18 cycles before seeking further help (obviously we’d like to do our best to avoid IUI or IVF if possible). We’ve had some preliminary fertility testing done (I’ve had a pelvic ultrasound and he’s had a semen analysis) and so far everything looks normal. Oh, and I had two miscarriages last year, but my doctor thinks they’re probably nothing to worry about in terms of future fertility. [name_m]Just[/name_m] hoping the next one sticks soon!

By the way, I was going to make this a TTC 12 Months + board, but then realised I wouldn’t quite be able to join myself! I think we can all agree that six months is plenty long enough when you’re TTC.

So far I am familiar with most of you ladies. Its nice to have you here [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]! I am so sorry for all your struggles! You are extremely patient for waiting another 5 months to try clomid.

[name_f]My[/name_f] story: we have been trying for 2 years now, I believe this is cycle 25. I have had testing done on me, hormones, egg quality etc etc, doctors say I am good to go. The only test I have not done is the one where they test your Fallopian tubes to see if they are clear. The docs say that nothing is leading them to believe they are blocked, so I have avoided this expensive test. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband on the other hand has low sperm count, the quality is fair and they seem to be strong swimmers, just not much of them. His first test he had 13 million with high quality, but then his second one was 8 million with low quality. We started taking maca root to help with his count. And are doing the obvious avoiding hot tubs and briefs etc etc. We are officially going to try an IUI next month. I dont have all the details yet, I am actually making that phone call tomorrow, Im nervous as hell and dont want to do it (but I really do) I guess I hate admitting that we may need medical help, my heart breaks everyday over our ttc woes. I am nervous and excited to move forward with medical assistance. I am hoping to go on a low dose of clomid to get more than one egg released so my hubby can have more targets to hit. Heres to next month girls!!! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] dust all around!!!

[name_m]Reading[/name_m] all of your stories makes me feel rather inept. You all have been through a lot and are very, very brave.

As for me, this is our 17th cycle. In [name_u]March[/name_u] I plan on talking to my doctor more about our struggles and see if I can get any tests done to try and figure out what’s going on. As far as I know I don’t have anything that could be hindering us from getting pregnant, but there is a history of endometriosis in my family, so I haven’t ruled that out. For the most part my cycles have been consistent in length, but my periods are extremely painful. So much so that I can’t sleep, eat, or do much of anything but lie on a heating pad and whimper.

Anyway, thank you ladies for sharing, and hopefully we get good news from this thread soon!

[name_f]My[/name_f] story is that I was diagnosed with Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), which means that my hormones are out of whack (generally higher LH than normal, and higher testerone) which can cause women not to ovulate or to have very long cycles. We’ve been trying since I went off BC in [name_f]July[/name_f], and my cycles have gotten longer and longer. The longest so far was 42 days, but this current one is looking to be even longer. Based on basal body temperature, I think that I have been ovulating, which is a plus, but it happens very late. I’m currently on CD32 and haven’t ovulated yet. I also have very short and light periods, which makes me worry about if my lining is too thin.

Last month, my doctor referred me to a fertility clinic and I had my first consult with a reproductive endocrinologist a few weeks ago. As soon as I have my next period, I’ll start a whole bunch of tests including cycle monitoring, a sonohysterogram, and an endometrial biopsy. They want to see if there’s any thing else wrong before they put me on something like Clomid.

Wishing you all the best of luck. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I knew going into the process that it could be a long journey, nothing could have prepared me for how emotional TTC is. I hope we can all support each other and see lots of good news very soon. :slight_smile:

Well here is my story…I have been off BC since [name_f]May[/name_f] 2013 but we have been actively trying since [name_f]July[/name_f] 2013. So it has been 7 months but not 7 cycles as I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed with PCOS in [name_f]September[/name_f] 2013 after not having a period for 3 months after stopping BC. I had to induce AF in [name_f]September[/name_f] and then again in [name_u]January[/name_u] because AF didn’t return again. This is now my 2nd cycle on Clomid. In [name_u]January[/name_u] I took the Clomid CD5-9 and didn’t ovulate until CD23 but it does look like the 50mg caused ovulation. I had a 36 day cycle but AF came all on her own so that is a plus along with ovulating for the first time. Today was my first pill for the 2nd cycle and I am hoping that maybe I will ovulate a little earlier this cycle. I know that I ovulated based on my bbt…this last cycle really gave me piece of mind and a little better idea of what to expect from my body. Good luck to all of you ladies and I am hoping that we all get our BFPs soon!!

[name_m]Long[/name_m] time no write…lol. I saw that [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] created this thread and I was previously commenting in ttc2014. Well my husband and I have been trying to conceive since [name_u]March[/name_u] 2011 naturally until [name_u]August[/name_u] 2013. We sought help from a RE and was diagnosed in [name_f]September[/name_f] 2013 with PCOS. Absolutely nothing wrong with my husband, which is great! [name_f]October[/name_f], [name_u]November[/name_u], [name_u]December[/name_u] 2013 I was on Clomid. Well clomid was ok, had little to no side effects, but it thinned my lining for implantation so nothing could attach. I had to take a month off from Clomid [name_u]January[/name_u] 2014 due to a golf ball size cyst that was created on my left ovary. So my RE put me on birth control for one month (between jan and feb) to decrease the size of the cyst. The birth control discarded my cyst entirely. Since finding out about having PCOS I haven’t really read up on it too much or even consider really changing anything. Well that has changed because I want to better myself to be healthy and happy but also for our future children. Since [name_f]September[/name_f] I have been on Metformin 1500 mg as well. Recently this month (feb) my RE and us decided to try a different drug to help with pregnancy. It’s called Letrozole. I am not a fan about trying all these fertility methods, but my doctor explained to me this is about all I have as last resort. Since going to the doc on Friday morning, I have 3 viable eggs that will be ready hopefully by tomorrow [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] for ovulation. I go tomorrow morning from my trigger shot to induce ovulation if the eggs are decent enough because my body does not ovulate on its own. I’m excited and hoping we DTD and get pregnant! I will most likely try this again in [name_u]March[/name_u] if BFN. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I decided that we will go as far as IUI, but nothing further due to financials. I am hoping we all get our BFP very soon! [name_m]Just[/name_m] thought I’d share my update on where I am at with all of this.

@Allielle - That sounds promising! I hope you are get pregnant this time. Two years is a long time to be trying.

[name_m]How[/name_m] is everyone else doing? I’m currently at CD37, but haven’t ovulated yet. This is the longest I’ve gone since being off the Pill. We’re going on vacation on Thursday, so maybe being away and stress free will get my ovaries to do their job. :slight_smile:

Allielle-This sounds very promising and it sounds like you and your RE really mesh well and hopefully you end up with your BFP very soon!!

I am CD8 right now…second cycle on Clomid so I have one more day on clomid then I will wait until ovulation. Last month I ovulated on CD23 so I am hoping it is earlier this month. I will be using opks starting probably around CD12 until ovulation and I also chart my bbt. I am really struggling with whether or not to take a month off after this cycle. I work at an accounting firm as a payroll admin so in [name_u]January[/name_u] this year I work 100 hours of overtime in addition to my normal 40 hours a week. I don’t want to take a month off but if we don’t and I get pregnant I would be due in [name_u]January[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband really thinks we should take a break but I am worried because you can only be on Clomid for so many cycles until they make you look into other options. Idk I am so confused as to what to do. I guess maybe I won’t have to worry about it and I will get pregnant this cycle!! What would you ladies do in a situation like this?

I’m on CD19 of my first month on Metformin. No ovulation as of yet but I didn’t anticipate I would the first month. Still hopeful though. I have an appointment on Thursday and I plan to ask to go up to 1500mg instead of 1000mg. I have to get an ovarian ultrasound that day to see if I will need surgery. Fingers crossed I won’t. I’ve been researching Clomid vs. Femara for people with PCOS lately. Thinking I may try Femara instead of Clomid if I am not pregnant in the next few month. It seems to be better for PCOS’ers. Does anyone have any experience with Femara?

At the moment, I’m 4DPO. [name_f]My[/name_f] period is due [name_u]March[/name_u] 8. So, yeah, maybe a late birthday present for me!

[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]- That would be so awesome to get a late birthday present…fingers crossed for you!!

I am CD 10 today…waiting not so patiently for ovulation…expecting it in another 2 weeks or so. I think we finally decided that we won’t be taking the
3rd cycle off…work will have to make it work if I end up pregnant and due in [name_u]January[/name_u], they have to know it is coming at some point…we have been married a year and a half!!

I’m crossing my fingers for you, [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]!

@[name_u]Shilo[/name_u] - I hear that it can take a while for things to kick in the first cycle, so you still might end up ovulating. I don’t know anything about Femera vs Clomid, but I would ideally like to skip over Clomid since as @Alielle said, it can thin your lining and I suspect my lining is already thin.

@Vec - [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you ovulate soon and don’t have to worry about the 3rd cycle. :slight_smile:

I’m at CD39 and still no ovulation. I’m a bit bummed out, to tell you the truth. I thought I’d at least have two cycles left to get pregnant with a 2014 due date, but unless I ovulate today, it’s looking like this is the last chance considering how long my cycles are. We missed last cycle because my husband was down with an awful flu when I ovulated, so we haven’t had a fighting chance since late [name_u]November[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] body sucks. :frowning: :frowning:

Thanks for all of the positivity! Well went back to the [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] this morning and guess what! All 3 which turned out to be 4 EGGS ovulated! Hubby and I DTD! So hoping for great things! Next apt is [name_u]March[/name_u] 12 for TV ultrasound and blood work to see if pregnant!

Yes, I all ready had thinned lining and clomid thinned mine out more. The letrozole, its brand name is Femara I think. I tell you it is working wonders so far for me and I have PCOS if this helps anyone at all. I was only on it my first round and had 4 great eggs! Hoping for the best for all of us!!!

That’s great news, Allielle! I’m hope this is your month!

I’ll be out of town for the next week on a much-needed vacation with my husband, so I hope to find good news when I get back (BFPs, ovulations, etc.)!!