TTC Little Peanut Number 2, Looking For Names For Funsies

We have one DD named [name]Grace[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Our last name starts with a T and has four syllables. It’s a common Polish surname. I am looking for opinions on some names I have picked out…I am pretty happy with the girl names - I [name]LOVE[/name] them all - and I know the one that I would like to use, unless I change my mind at the last second, but I think it’s the boy names that I am having the most trouble with. I really love one name in particular, but DH isn’t crazy about it and I don’t know why…he can’t say why. He says he doesn’t dislike it, but he doesn’t love it, either.

Girl Names:

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] (This is the top pick for me. I love the name [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] is DH’s grandmother’s name and I would love to honor her and I like how the two sound together. I also think that it would fit well with my first child’s name.)
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]

Boy Names:

[name]James[/name] [name]Donald[/name] (This one I just [name]LOVE[/name]… I love the name [name]James[/name], always have. I think [name]James[/name] would make a good sib-set with [name]Grace[/name]. [name]Donald[/name] is my father’s name, which I would love to use, and I think [name]Donald[/name] is a nice mn for [name]James[/name]. But DH isn’t thrilled with it.)
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] (This name my DH picked out all by himself…but I think it sounds clunky. Especially with our last name…I think because the mn ends with a vowel and so does our last name. I just don’t like how it flows, though I do like the name [name]Jack[/name] and think it would fit with [name]Grace[/name].)
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Adam[/name] (This one doesn’t quite feel right to me, and I don’t know if I like how the initials spell out C.A.T. But I [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Charlie[/name]. This might be a keeper with a different mn.)

I love all three of my girl names to bits, though I have a front-runner there, but the boy’s names…I’m not too sure of. They need some tweaking.

I am open to suggestions or thoughts about combo changes. I know I’m not pregnant yet, though I may be, because we have been trying, hahah, but I love having names picked out. I had my first daughter’s name picked out a month after I found out I was pregnant. (The boy names I had picked out then were [name]Kenneth[/name] [name]Ashley[/name] - a family name - or [name]Edwin[/name] [name]Anthony[/name], but my brother talked me out of [name]Kenneth[/name] [name]Ashley[/name] and my DH stopped liking [name]Edwin[/name], which was a name he had suggested, and neither one of them is as appealing to me right now. And TBH, I wasn’t quite positive about either of them when we first picked them out. But I was very sure I loved [name]Grace[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] for a girl and still do!)

I know I am rambling and I probably sound so manic, hahahah, but I am just very excited about baby number 2, whenever he or she decides to be conceived. Picking out names and things like this helps me contain my excitement and jitters and all of that! I’m sure a lot of you parents and parents-to-be understand me. :slight_smile:

xo [name]Liz[/name]

Combining [name]James[/name] from your top choice and [name]Anthony[/name] from your husband’s top choice…

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]!

Thank you for the suggestion! I’ve actually given some thought to [name]James[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] - and I like how it flows, but it just doesn’t grab me completely. I think what the problem for me is, is that the middle name ends with a vowel sound and our last name ends with a vowel. Our last name ends with -ski, so the -ny and then the -ski don’t sound right in my head. But I know a middle name is just a middle name and it’s not going to be used on a regular basis, and as long as the first name sounds good with our last name, I probably shouldn’t nitpick. It is a possibility for sure; I’m just bothered by the vowel-endings, probably needlessly, and it’s probably so silly of me. :lol:

xo [name]Liz[/name]

[name]Love[/name], love, love all of your girl options, so the tirebreaker for me came down to length/flow. The 3-3-4 syllables of [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] is a lot of name, though it is a lovely combo. [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] is equally beautiful, but 4 syllables in both the first and last name again is a mouthful. [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Jane[/name], which is equally stunning and has a great flow, takes the prize for me.

As for the boys, I’m afraid I am no help…I like them all equally.

All great choices, you can go wrong! Best of luck!

I love the name [name]Grace[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! Here are my favorites:

Girl Names:

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]–so pretty!

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Jane[/name]–this is my favorite to go with [name]Grace[/name]! I also like [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Katherine[/name].

Boy Names:

[name]James[/name] [name]Donald[/name] —[name]How[/name] about [name]James[/name] [name]Donovan[/name] or [name]James[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] to honor your father?

[name]Jack[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] — I love this! If you don’t like the “y” ending, how about [name]Jack[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]?

I love all of the girls names too! For boys, I suggest [name]Charles[/name] [name]Donald[/name]