Twilight issues....

[name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong I liked the Twilight book series just fine but its beginning to annoy me. My maiden name is [name]Cullen[/name] (my father’s name is [name]Edward[/name]…yes, he’s [name]Edward[/name] [name]Cullen[/name]. That in itself has been an issue for him lol different story though). Our chosen boy name is [name]Seth[/name], we’ve always know we would either use [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Cullen[/name] as a middle name (at one point we considered using both and having two middle names because my husband’s grandfather was also an [name]Edward[/name], the option is now completely out the window though). [name]Every[/name] poll I have made or person I have asked about using [name]Cullen[/name] as a middle name thinks I am obsessed with Twilight but I know it would really mean a lot to my father. [name]Do[/name] you think this will be an issue later in his life if I use [name]Cullen[/name] as a middle name? [name]Will[/name] it be something he’ll be made fun of for? Be honest here. Thank you!

I think its not that big of a deal. twilight is just a book that, got popular. if edward and cullen are in your family, use them if you want to. i’m 14, so i think when your child is my age, if wouldn’t be a big deal that his name is in a book that was popular. trust me twilight is not the next little women.

I strongly feel that you should use the family names for your child. Bad luck if some people think it is because of the Twilight book.

[name]Edward[/name] has been a classic forever and [name]Cullen[/name] is a family name.

Go with your heart and don’t listen to those people.

I honestly don’t think that children of this next generation will even know what Twilight, so I don’t think other kids teasing him will be a problem. If people insist on the Twilight references, just kindly explain that you are not in fact an obsessed fan, they are simply family names. And great ones at that! I love the name [name]Edward[/name]. You should go for it and don’t worry about the association. Give your father a namesake. The twilight craze won’t last forever, and you’ll be giving your child a strong, handsome name he can be proud of.

I agree with everyone. Family names are way more important than passing fads, especially if it means excluding them when they might not even be an issue. Most kids don’t pay attention to middle names anyway. [name]Don[/name]'t let Twilight deter you. Probably your best option is using [name]Edward[/name] for say, [name]Seth[/name]'s middle name ([name]Seth[/name] [name]Edward[/name] is really handsome by the way), and use [name]Cullen[/name] for a younger sibling’s middle name. No one will even know the difference, except you and your appreciative father.

[name]Seth[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Cullen[/name] is lovely- like the family connections :wink:

I wouldn’t worry about Twilight.

[name]Seth[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Cullen[/name]… Well if I just saw that name I would think you were obsessed with Twilight, since even [name]Seth[/name] is a character in the books. [name]Seth[/name] [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Seth[/name] [name]Cullen[/name] wouldn’t make me think of Twilight though. Still, I wouldn’t not use two middles if that is what you want to do. People who know you well probably know your maiden name is [name]Cullen[/name], and I’m sure a lot of people know your dad’s first name is [name]Edward[/name]. I think if Twilight is still something people know about in the future, it will just be a funny story, and your son can tell people about how annoying it was for his grandfather to have had this name his whole life and suddenly it was the name of the heartthrob of the decade.

That was longer than necessary, but I say go for it! The benefits outweigh the risks!

I’m going to disagree but only slightly - I do not think you should use the full [name]Seth[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Cullen[/name]. (I believe you said this was no longer under consideration anyway). I absolutely, absolutely think you should name your son [name]Seth[/name] [name]Cullen[/name] or [name]Seth[/name] [name]Edward[/name]. Using just one and especially in the middle these names do not scream Twilight to me. They are both established, handsome, classic names that will serve him well.

No, I don’t think it will be a problem especially since it’s your maiden name and your dad’s name. I think [name]Seth[/name] [name]Cullen[/name] sounds great and [name]Seth[/name] [name]Edward[/name] is nice as well.

Using [name]Cullen[/name] is great! I love Twilight, many of my names are alike the [name]Cullen[/name] characters I.E I love- Isolena, [name]Mirabella[/name], Everhett, [name]Rose[/name] ect. and I have always LOVED [name]Jasper[/name], before [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Hale[/name]. Using your maiden name is fine, ess. since it’s your maiden name, no one will think you are obsessed, and if you fear someone will, just give them his first name.

[name]Seth[/name] is a great name, with an excellent meaning!

Ditto! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Edward[/name] so much!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t worry - in middle place he would only have to reveal that he was named [name]Cullen[/name] if he wanted to, and he could easily precede that by “My middle name was my mother’s maiden name …” thereby squashing all Twilight connections.

Besides, I think that the Twilight connection will pass - perhaps some who were teenagers when the books came out will make the association, but I doubt that the next generation will read the books.

Good luck!

I agree completely!

I agree…definitely use the names! They are great names with a great personal meaning to you and your family.
Twilight is a popular thing now but it will definitely pass and I agree that I don’t think it’s a classic book/movie that will last throughout generations.

I think [name]Seth[/name] [name]Cullen[/name] is a great name.
I think that in 10 years only his classmate’s parents will make the connection between the name and twilight. And I don’t think those adults will make fun of him. I don’t even think that a lot of his peers will know the Twilight-saga then

I think [name]Seth[/name] [name]Cullen[/name] is extremely handsome, but I would personally steer clear of [name]Seth[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Cullen[/name] because of the modern-day connotations of that name. I’d wait and use [name]Edward[/name] as a brother to [name]Seth[/name] or as a second son’s mn.
GL! :o)