Twin boys: Hugo and Leif?

We are expecting twin boys and have had a hard time with boy names; our girl names were much easier! In general I like classic names (our other two children are [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_m]Will[/name_m]), but most of the classic boy names we considered felt too boring. I also have a soft spot for nature names.

Two that we currently love are [name_m]Leif[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. Are they too “out there”? I originally thought of [name_m]Leif[/name_m] as “leaf”, but am leaning toward the “layf” pronunciation. We are not Scandinavian, but are of [name_u]North[/name_u] European descent.

Opinions welcome!

i know a leif born in the early 90’s with no scandinavian descent. now that he’s older he loves it, definitely adds a bit of cool factor.
he was teased as child “leaf on a tree” but nothing too bad. it’s a bit out there with your other kids’ names, but nothing too bad.
i love hugo!

clara, will, hugo and finn
clara, will, hugo and liam
clara, will, hugo and felix
clara, will, hugo and louis
clara, will, hugo and rory
clara, will, hugo and miles

hugo and felix is my favourite i think!

Yes! [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leif[/name_m] are great names individually and make a quirky, fun combination. Go for it!

I agree with the pp that [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leif[/name_m] go together perfectly, and are great by themselves too. Plus they go really well with your other children’s names.

I love [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] so much.
[name_m]Leif[/name_m] is cute and all but [name_u]Leaf[/name_u] looks better.

I like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leif[/name_m] together, but I slightly prefer [name_u]Leith[/name_u], and (not that it matters much but still, bonus) it evens out the names with your other kids - two five letters, two four letters.

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is one of my favorites. And definitely not too out there. It fits in very well with the trend of names ending in o. [name_m]Leif[/name_m] is cute too, and as [name_m]Levi[/name_m] is so familiar I don’t think it unusable.

I love the names you chose. They aren’t too out there, go for it.

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is so handsome and sweet, and I love [name_m]Leif[/name_m]. I’ve been in love with it since I was younger, when I first discovered [name_m]Leif[/name_m] [name_m]Garrett[/name_m] (thanks to The Outsiders!)

I think its handsome and sweet just like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], but also quirky and cool. I’d love to meet a little [name_m]Leif[/name_m].
I also think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leif[/name_m] go perfectly together. They make an incredible set of brothers (even more perfect that they’re twins!)

I also dont think sibling names have to match each other perfectly, so I see no problem with big brother [name_m]Will[/name_m] and big sister [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! If I met four siblings with the names, I wouldnt find it odd at all.
You should use the names you love!

(I do second the suggestions of [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]! They go together very nicely too!!)

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is so handsome and sweet, and I love [name_m]Leif[/name_m]. I’ve been in love with it since I was younger, when I first discovered [name_m]Leif[/name_m] [name_m]Garrett[/name_m] (thanks to The Outsiders!)

I think its handsome and sweet just like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], but also quirky and cool. I’d love to meet a little [name_m]Leif[/name_m].
I also think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leif[/name_m] go perfectly together. They make an incredible set of brothers (even more perfect that they’re twins!)

I also dont think sibling names have to match each other perfectly, so I see no problem with big brother [name_m]Will[/name_m] and big sister [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! If I met four siblings with the names, I wouldnt find it odd at all.
You should use the names you love!

(I do second the suggestions of [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]! They go together very nicely too!!)

I love [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leif[/name_m] for twins!

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leif[/name_m] go together perfectly and they fit with the older siblings as well :slight_smile: Go for it!

[name_m]Leif[/name_m] feels slightly distinct from your other children’s names but not to an extent that I think it’s dealbreaker. If anything I like that it bridges the vintage and adventurous gap and it’s quite cute alongside brother [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]!

Aw [name_m]Leif[/name_m] was high on my list for both my kids and my husband nixed it twice. I will be jealous if you use it. I like it with [name_m]Hugo[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Leif[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] for twins, and love them with the other childrens’ names.

I like it! They make an interesting combo and don’t seem too out there.