Twin Boys

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! I’m expecting twin boys soon and my husband and I have whittled down the list but we’re stuck regarding pairing them together. Last name starts with an H. We don’t want them to start with the same sound but want them to fit. Here’s our list:

[name_m]Breccan[/name_m]
[name_m]Cian[/name_m]/[name_m]Cole[/name_m]/[name_m]Keir[/name_m]
[name_m]Damon[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]/[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]/[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]/[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Fionn[/name_u]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_u]Reilly[/name_u]/[name_u]Rory[/name_u]

Would love your suggestions! Thanks!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts:

[name_m]Breccan[/name_m]-This is okay. It’s not my personal favorite, but it’s not a bad name.

[name_m]Cian[/name_m]/[name_m]Cole[/name_m]/[name_m]Keir[/name_m]-I like [name_m]Cian[/name_m]! It’s simple, sweet, sporty & very unique. [name_m]Cole[/name_m] is okay, but not my favorite. I kind of like [name_m]Keir[/name_m], but it can be a little awkward to say. Like it sounds incomplete.

[name_m]Damon[/name_m]-I’m not a fan of this one. Maybe it just reminds me of [name_m]Damien[/name_m] like in The Omen?

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]/[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]/[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]/[name_u]Everett[/name_u]-I love [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]! (really prefer either [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] or [name_u]Eliot[/name_u].). It’s so smart, fun & a little quirky. It’s well known yet not terribly over done. [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] is cute too, but [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] is more charming in my opinion. [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] is okay, but not terribly exciting. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is nice. Sort of getting popular. Not as sweet as [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] still.

[name_u]Fionn[/name_u]-I love this. It’s sweet, spunky & sporty. I appreciate that more authentic spelling, but having the ‘o’ in there. could be a pain.

[name_m]Liam[/name_m]-I love this name. It’s super handsome. Unfortunately, it’s soooo over done.

[name_u]Reilly[/name_u]/[name_u]Rory[/name_u]-I think that [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] with this spelling is absolutely adorable for a boy, but I wouldn’t do it. It’s way too popular for girls. [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is okay. It’s not my favorite, but it’s fine. I kind of like the [name_m]Ruaridh[/name_m] spelling. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though that may be too complicated.

In conclusion, my favorite combos are:

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] & [name_m]Cian[/name_m]

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] & [name_m]Liam[/name_m]

[name_m]Cian[/name_m] & [name_m]Liam[/name_m] kind of sound a teeny bit rhyme-y, so I don’t know about that combo.

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_m]Liam[/name_m]

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_m]Cian[/name_m]

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_u]Finn[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps .:slight_smile:

I absolutely love your list of names. I’ve chosen my three favourite combinations:

1. [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_m]Liam[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Cian[/name_m] and [name_u]Fionn[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]

I also love the name [name_u]Rory[/name_u], but I’m not sure if I’d pair it with any other names here. Maybe [name_m]Cormac[/name_m]? Or [name_u]Kieran[/name_u]?

[name_u]Fionn[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u]! They’re perfect together. Congratulations!

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] & [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] & [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Breccan[/name_m]
[name_m]Damon[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_m]Keir[/name_m] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u]
[name_m]Cian[/name_m] [name_u]Rory[/name_u] & [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Damon[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Breccan[/name_m] & [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_u]Rory[/name_u]

I love [name_u]Fionn[/name_u], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] best. [name_u]Reilly[/name_u]/[name_u]Riley[/name_u] is popular for girls but I do prefer it for boys. I like these combinations best as far as how names sound together:

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_u]Reilly[/name_u]
[name_m]Cian[/name_m] and [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] (I know brothers who have these names)
[name_m]Cian[/name_m] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Fionn[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Fionn[/name_u] and [name_m]Kier[/name_m]
[name_m]Damon[/name_m] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u]

I like [name_m]Breccan[/name_m]/Breckan but slightly prefer the sleeker [name_m]Breck[/name_m]. Would love the pair of [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_m]Breck[/name_m]! [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_u]Reilly[/name_u], or [name_m]Cian[/name_m]/[name_m]Kier[/name_m] and [name_u]Fionn[/name_u] are great too.

[name_u]Fionn[/name_u] and [name_m]Liam[/name_m] are great together!

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_u]Everett[/name_u].

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_m]Breccan[/name_m]…maybe [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Fionn[/name_u] and [name_m]Breccan[/name_m] [name_m]Keir[/name_m]

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_u]Brennan[/name_u]…maybe [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_u]Brennan[/name_u] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u]

Fion and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] or [name_m]Breccan[/name_m] and [name_m]Kier[/name_m]. Congratulations!

[name_m]Breccan[/name_m] is my favorite from your list! I think it goes best with [name_m]Keir[/name_m].

My favorites from your list are [name_m]Damon[/name_m], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], and [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. Here are a few pairs I thought might sound good as twins

[name_m]Damon[/name_m] & [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] & [name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] & [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Reilly[/name_u] & [name_m]Cian[/name_m]
[name_m]Keir[/name_m] & [name_u]Fionn[/name_u]
[name_m]Breccan[/name_m] & [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Damon[/name_m] & [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]

[name_u]Fionn[/name_u] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] & [name_m]Cian[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]

Thank you all so much for taking the time to do this!

[name_u]Fionn[/name_u] is high up on the list (my husband is dead set on this spelling and I am fine with it haha). For the longest time we thought that [name_u]Fionn[/name_u] and [name_m]Cian[/name_m] would be the winners but when we said them together it comes out sounding like “finicky”… not sure if this is a deal breaker or not.

Leaning towards:
[name_u]Fionn[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Cian[/name_m] and [name_u]Reilly[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_u]Reilly[/name_u]

My vote goes to [name_u]Fionn[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] & [name_m]Cole[/name_m] (this is on my list of sibsets!)
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] & [name_u]Fionn[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] & [name_m]Cian[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] & [name_u]Reilly[/name_u]

[name_m]Breccan[/name_m] - I can’t get my head around this as a name as I live near a place called [name_m]Brecon[/name_m].

[name_m]Cian[/name_m]/[name_m]Cole[/name_m]/[name_m]Keir[/name_m] - I like both [name_m]Cian[/name_m] and [name_m]Keir[/name_m] a lot! [name_m]Cole[/name_m] is a little lacking imo.

[name_m]Damon[/name_m] - This is quite nice, a sold, masculine name. But I don’t love it.

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]/[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]/[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]/[name_u]Everett[/name_u] - Oh I love E names for boys! [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] is so cheeky and handsome. [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] is wonderful. [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] I go back and forth on. I often think I don’t like it so much but just can’t take it off the list. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is possibly my favourite of these, with [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] in second. [name_u]Everest[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], and [name_m]Edison[/name_m] are other E names like these that I adore!

[name_u]Fionn[/name_u] - I love [name_u]Finn[/name_u] names but this spelling does confuse things a bit. I live in [name_m]Wales[/name_m] where [name_f]Ffion[/name_f] is an incredibly popular name so I would easily get mixed up. [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], Finneas, [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], and [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] are all such handsome names, as well as just [name_u]Finn[/name_u] by itself! (But I’ve never liked [name_u]Finley[/name_u]!)

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] - This feels a little boring compared to your other choices, but is traditional and masculine.

[name_u]Reilly[/name_u]/[name_u]Rory[/name_u] - [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is so cute! I do like [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] (would prefer the [name_u]Riley[/name_u] spelling) but it does feel a little trendy unfortunately.

Pairings:

I think the best pairing would be [name_m]Cian[/name_m] & [name_u]Rory[/name_u]!

I also like

[name_m]Cian[/name_m] & [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]

[name_m]Keir[/name_m] & [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Keir[/name_m] & [name_u]Everett[/name_u]

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] & [name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] & [name_u]Rory[/name_u]

You have a bunch of good names here. I would pair them in the following with my top choice being at the top:

[name_u]Reilly[/name_u] & [name_m]Keir[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] & [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] & [name_m]Breccan[/name_m]