Twin for Finn!

Hello Nameberry!

I’ve been lurking on Nameberry for a while, but this is my first time posting. :slight_smile: My name’s Bettany, and my husband [name]Tommy[/name] and I are expecting twin boys! We’ve firmly decided that one of the boys will be named [name]Finn[/name]. High popularity, Glee…I know, I know. But we are so madly in love with this name and we have been ever since we started dating, so we are sticking with it because we are just so connected with it. But since we’ve loved [name]Finn[/name] since the beginning, we’ve never discussed other boy names. Now that we need two boy names, we’re in a bit of a problem

We’d love any suggestions, and preferably not too popular even though we’re ignoring the popularity with our little [name]Finn[/name]. Our last name is four syllables, so preferably names on the shorter side (but we’re certainly not limited to that if the name sounds good with something that sounds vaguely like “Mcconaughey”). [name]Finn[/name]'s middle name will probably be [name]Severin[/name] (I know, I know, repeated endings with [name]Finn[/name] [name]Severin[/name]. But I [name]LOVE[/name] the way it sounds with our last name…)

One idea we had was [name]Dash[/name]. [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Dash[/name]. Its simple, but I think its cute. Thoughts?

Sorry this is long! All suggestions are appreciated! If you post a list, I will definitely give some feedback so that I can hopefully narrow down my naming style since I have no clue what it even is!

[name]TIA[/name]~Bettany and [name]Tommy[/name]

[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] are sweet together. [name]Finnegan[/name] & [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name] & [name]Dash[/name] may age better though.

[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Alec[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Felix[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Otis[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Lorcan[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Max[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]August[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Rory[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Cormac[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name], Bettany and [name]Tommy[/name]!

I think [name]Finn[/name]'s great. Yes, it might be a hipster chart-climber, but it also screams handsome, good guy. [name]Love[/name] it! I think it would be great to use another name with a double letter sequence - that way, [name]Finn[/name]'s twin brother will fit in with the family (Bettany, [name]Tommy[/name], [name]Finn[/name] - you see?)…

[name]Finn[/name] and:

[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name] - My dogs are [name]Cooper[/name] and [name]Fin[/name], short for [name]Findlay[/name]!
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jagger[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Mitchell[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Reilly[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Seeley[/name]
[name]Tanner[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

Yea, I’m blanking. I love [name]Finn[/name] with [name]Brooks[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Lennox[/name], and [name]Russell[/name]. Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Not feeling the [name]Finn[/name] & [name]Dash[/name] combo dear. It’s just two one-syllable words with four letters each. There’s a good sib set and then there’s too matchy with [name]Dash[/name]. You could go either way with this like literary names, last names, or even nature names. Good thing you know what you’re getting into with [name]Finn[/name].

I don’t think [name]Dash[/name] has the same vibe as [name]Finn[/name] - [name]Dashiell[/name] is better but I still can’t take [name]Dash[/name] seriously. If I were naming # 2 I would go with
[name]Reid[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] McLastname. [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Reid[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] it.

I love the suggestion of [name]Reid[/name]! [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Reid[/name] are adorable together!

Maybe… [name]Beau[/name], [name]Tate[/name], [name]Rhys[/name] (or [name]Reese[/name]) or [name]Jack[/name]?

Good luck and congratulations on your twin boys!

This is an official thumbs up for [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Dash[/name]. I think they’re perfect together.

And I don’t think you need to lengthen [name]Finn[/name] to [name]Finnegan[/name] or [name]Finnian[/name] or any of the above – it’s a perfectly proper and ancient Irish name as simply [name]Finn[/name].

I love the idea of [name]Reed[/name] or [name]Reid[/name] too. What makes that and [name]Dash[/name] so good with [name]Finn[/name] is that they do have the same style and rhythm vibe yet sound completely distinct. And [name]Reed[/name] too is a self-contained one-syllable name.

A couple of other ideas along the same lines:

[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Rex[/name]
[name]Beck[/name]
[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Gus[/name]
[name]Hart[/name]
[name]Jed[/name]
[name]Laird[/name]
[name]Mac[/name]
[name]Pax[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Sayer[/name]
[name]Shaw[/name]
[name]West[/name]

For more ideas, you can try going on Supersearch and just searching for boys’ names with 1 syllable. Good luck!

I prefer [name]Dashiell[/name] with the nickname [name]Dash[/name]. [name]Reid[/name] is cute too. I would also suggest [name]Seth[/name], [name]Rory[/name], [name]Alec[/name], [name]Bram[/name], and [name]Kai[/name].

I liked a previous poster’s suggestion of [name]Cooper[/name]! [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Cooper[/name] sound lovely together. [name]Dashiell[/name] ([name]Dash[/name]) and [name]Finn[/name] are all right, but I think they are pretty different names style-wise.

Ooh, so glad to see [name]Pam[/name]'s official thumbs up! I have a son named [name]Dashiell[/name] who we mainly call [name]Dash[/name] and if we have another boy he will definitely be [name]Finn[/name]. I think they go perfectly together. Maybe they’re not the same style exactly, but something about them just meshes so well. Several of the names [name]Pam[/name] suggested are on our short list as well, [name]West[/name], [name]Rex[/name] and [name]Hart[/name] in particular. [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] (double letter!) are also especially nice. I’d also suggest [name]Nash[/name], I think it’s a better stand alone name than [name]Dash[/name] if you don’t like [name]Dashiell[/name]. A couple others I love and you might like are [name]Oz[/name] and [name]Ace[/name].

I love [name]Finn[/name], but alone it sounds kind of informal. Have you considered making it a nickname for [name]Finley[/name] or [name]Phineas[/name]? I like [name]Dash[/name] as well, but again, it looks too informal alone. Why not make it a nickname for [name]Dashiell[/name]?

Anyway, I think it’s important to pair [name]Finn[/name] with a name that doesn’t overpower it.

[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Noah[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Hank[/name] (for [name]Henry[/name]?)
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Will[/name] (for [name]William[/name]?)
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Liam[/name] (for [name]William[/name]?)
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Nash[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Levi[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Gage[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Max[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Link[/name] ([name]Lincoln[/name]?)
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Bram[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Jett[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Wade[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I have to agree with [name]Pam[/name] on this one: [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] are, may I say, a dashing set of boys! I’ve never been one to think that a name sounds “informal,” and I have always thought it is silly to put a longer versions of names on the birth certificates ([name]Finnegan[/name] and [name]Dashiell[/name], for example) if you don’t love those names/will never use them. [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] just work on their own!

I also like [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Rhett[/name] or [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Seth[/name].

Best of luck!
[name]Danni[/name]

I agree with all of this! [name]Don[/name]'t choose a longer name if you’ll never use it, just because you think you ‘should’. [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] are awesome together!

Wow, I was pleasantly overwhelmed by all of these great suggestions! I think [name]Finn[/name] perfectly represents our naming style, since I’ve been getting a great vibe from so many of these names that you all think fit with [name]Finn[/name].

I love the idea of including another name with a double letter! Actually, quite coincidentally, our favorite name for a girl is [name]Gemma[/name] :smiley:

Thanks for all your thoughts on [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Finn[/name]! And I hugely appreciate [name]Pam[/name]'s official thumbs up :wink: We are 99% sure that we are going to stick with just [name]Finn[/name] (not [name]Finnian[/name]/[name]Finnegan[/name]), since as some of the posters suggested, we don’t love those names and would probably never use them anyway. For a baby [name]Dash[/name], I might consider [name]Dashiell[/name] though.

Here’s a list of all the names I’ve pulled from the suggestions basically using a gut reaction. Please keep sending ideas our way, and once I’ve gotten [name]Tommy[/name] to narrow this down a bit, we’ll start talking middle names! :stuck_out_tongue: But for now, I’m going to head over to the one-syllable name lists as [name]Pam[/name] suggested to see if I can find any more gems!

[name]Finn[/name] & …
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Jagger[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]/[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]/[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Hank[/name]/[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Gage[/name]
[name]West[/name]
[name]Gus[/name]
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Pax[/name]
[name]True[/name]

Off your list I love:

[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Hank[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] and [name]West[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Milo[/name]

What about [name]Dax[/name]?

[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] & [name]Rhys[/name]

You’ve got a great list going there! I think both [name]Finn[/name] & [name]Hank[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] & [name]Rhys[/name] make dashing twin sets.

[name]May[/name] I also suggest [name]Finn[/name] & [name]Tadhg[/name]? [name]Tadhg[/name] is an old Irish name pronounced “tyg” (like tiger without the “r” sound), and I just think it makes a great pair with [name]Finn[/name]. However, it may have more spelling and pronunciation issues that you want to deal with. [name]Just[/name] a thought :wink:

Also, on a completely different note, I think [name]Finn[/name] & [name]Avi[/name] would also make a very cute pair! I think [name]Avi[/name] is a great stand-alone name, and it is actually on my own short list.

[name]Hope[/name] this helps, and best of luck!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] Bettany and [name]Tommy[/name] congratulations on having twin boys.

I like a lot of the names that [name]Pam[/name] suggested. I would like to see a short name like [name]Grant[/name] and [name]Reid[/name] with [name]Finn[/name], and I love both of those names a lot. I feel that [name]Dash[/name] is too nicknamey on its own but maybe [name]Dax[/name] would work for you?

If you like [name]Dash[/name] so much I feel that your boy’s would be better named [name]Dashiell[/name] (very handsome) and [name]Findlay[/name] (prn as [name]Finley[/name]) with the nn’s of [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Dash[/name].

rollo :slight_smile:

A twin for [name]Finn[/name]…

[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Calum[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Jesse[/name]
[name]Alex[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]

I really don’t like [name]Dash[/name] (unless it’s a nickname for [name]Dashiell[/name]).