Twin girls are here!

Hello all!! I am so beyond excited to announce the birth of our twin daughters, who arrived early yesterday (while we were on vacation haha!).

We have thought long and hard about their names, and I could not be more happy with them. Without further ado, I’d like you all to welcome [name_f]Mirella[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] and [name_f]Sonata[/name_f] Lune!!

We are Italian, and I’ve known since I was a teenager that I wanted my children to have Italian names, thus their firsts. For girls, I also love longer, feminine names with a lot of nickname opportunity (The girls have already been nicknamed [name_f]Miri[/name_f] and [name_u]Sonnie[/name_u] by family, but I find that I’m inclined to using their full names myself).

Now, the middle names. I speak [name_u]French[/name_u] though we are not ethnically [name_u]French[/name_u], and I have always thought that the words and names of the language were incredibly beautiful. I have loved [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] as a name since I was a teenager, and actually have had the name ‘Mirella Soleil’ picked out for a while. When I found out we were having twins, I thought it’d be fun for baby B to have a french middle, too. When my wife suggested [name_f]Lune[/name_f], I was immediately obsessed because it was beautiful and matched the other.

Needless to say, we are very happy with our little sun and moon <3

40 Likes

Such beautiful names! Congratulations!

Congratulations! They are beautifully named.

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Wow, I love the middle name theme and their first names! Congratulations!

Congratiulations!

Congratulations :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Such a beautiful pair of names! Congratulations :purple_heart:

Congratulations, what lovely names!

oh my gosh their names are gorgeous! congratulations!!

Stunning names! Congratulations!

Congrats! I’ve always loved [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] as well, since the first time I heard it. :slight_smile:

Congrats! Mirella Soleil and Sonata Lune are so beautiful, and I especially like how their middles mean the sun and moon. :smiley:

congratulations!! so cute :]

Like the car Hyundai [name_f]Sonata[/name_f]?

[name_f]Sonata[/name_f] is a music name actually @Oreobunn

2 Likes

Oh, okay. Sorry if I came off rude! I didn’t know that, I’ve only heard it from the car commercials so I wasn’t sure, but that’s sweet that it has musical meaning, even if it was from a car I can’t judge, I like certain object names

1 Like