twin girls Ernestina and Sylvestra!

My neighbor just had twin girls named [name]Ernestina[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and Sylvestra [name]Meagan[/name] [name]Simone[/name]. The nns are [name]Nettie[/name] and [name]Sylvie[/name], isn’t it lovely? They join big sister [name]Josephina[/name], nn [name]Jessie[/name]. Our family is very close to theirs, so we sort of brainstormed on names together. I know that [name]Geraldina[/name] and [name]Lorenza[/name] were on their list, as were [name]Raphaela[/name] and [name]Manuela[/name]. They have a very distinct taste in names, wouldn’t you say? I love their names, how about you?

Distinct, yes. [name]Do[/name] I love them? Absolutely not. The nicknames are cute though. They seem to really love feminized male names, which are okay is small doses (my favourites being [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Alexandra[/name]) but their choice I didn’t really care for, although I like [name]Josephina[/name] and mn [name]Rosalie[/name].

What lovely naming style they have! While I am not particularly fond of the specific names that they picked, I appreciate the vintage, eccentric style. [name]Nettie[/name] and [name]Sylvie[/name] are adorable nicknames, although personally I prefer [name]Sylvia[/name] to Sylvestra. I absolutely adore [name]Josephina[/name], too, and [name]Raphaela[/name] (one of my sons is named [name]Raphael[/name]).

nick names are cute but the full name is really horrible.

I agree, as a name nerd, I love how they are using such vintage, unheard of names. But as a sane mother, I would never use those, nor do I recommend it. I adore [name]Ernest[/name] for a boy though. [name]Sylvester[/name] for a boy might be another interesting choice.

Poor girls! I am sorry but the names chosen are horrible!

I don’t like them, but I really like [name]Nettie[/name] and [name]Sylvie[/name]! (And I like [name]Simone[/name].)