twin girls on the way - 3 siblings with a theme...HELP

our current children:

d: marin elizabeth
s: ocean white
d: pearl frances

we have been going w/ a sea theme…and when i thought we had b/g twins…i loved isla and finn…but we’re having two girls…

hubs isnt crazy about isla (but we each get to name a twin). i honestly havent liked any of the other nautical/sea themed names (like coral, windy, sandy, shell, etc.)

our middle names are aileen for sure (hubs’ grandma) and im up in the air between bee and alice. we name middles after people in our lives.

so the name hubs seems to have chosen (which i actually came up with and he likes) is iris aileen. i know, a lot of i’s…but he likes it…and i think its cute.

here is a list of names i like:

rowan
juniper
indigo
isla
nora

but none of them i can stick with for too long before getting wishy washy again…maybe this is why they say not to go with a theme…

our children:

d: marin elizabeth
s: ocean white
d: pearl frances

[b]we have been going w/ a sea theme

middle names are aileen for sure (hubs’ grandma) and between bee and alice.

he likes iris aileen. [/b]

A few combos for you I hope this helps a little.

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] [name]Eileen[/name]

and [name]Sailor[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] (you get the Ail of [name]Aileen[/name] in [name]Sailor[/name]) and [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alice[/name] (unisex combo)

and [name]Isla[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] and [name]Xanthe[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name], (I think [name]Xanthe[/name] was one of [name]Neptune[/name]'s 3,000 daughters), [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Xanthe[/name]

The combos so far
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] [name]Eileen[/name], ie [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Nora[/name]
[name]Sailor[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alice[/name], ie [name]Sailor[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] and [name]Xanthe[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] ie [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Xanthe[/name]
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]India[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ie [name]Willow[/name] and [name]India[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Indigo[/name] (colour of the sea), ie [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]

rollo :slight_smile:

Did you check out the Water Names blog a few days ago?
https://nameberry.com/blog/2010/11/12/water-names-cool-and-refreshing-names-that-make-a-splash/

i did check the blog, thank you…and rollo, thank you too! i do like a lot of those combos…tho i think hubs will probably want to stick with the actual spelling of his grammas name…he’s pretty practical. and like i said, our middle names are after family…so alice is my mom’s mn…bee would be a combo of my best friend’s nick name for bethany and my sister’s name meaning which is melissa/honeybee.

i like xanthe…gonna chew on those for a bit.

thanks!

Hm, nautical names. I absolutely love [name]Iris[/name] [name]Aileen[/name]. I think it helps that [name]Aileen[/name] starts with an “a”. Not fully understanding how [name]Iris[/name] fits in the theme though…anyway. Some to think about:
[name]Harbor[/name]
[name]Nerissa[/name] (sea sprite)
[name]Meredith[/name] (sea lord)
[name]Pacifica[/name] (for the [name]Pacific[/name] ocean, means peaceful in Spanish)
[name]Nila[/name] (means dark blue)
[name]Nautica[/name]
[name]Cove[/name]
Caspia (like the [name]Caspian[/name] Sea)
[name]Bay[/name]

I know you said you didn’t like [name]Coral[/name], but what about [name]Coralie[/name] or [name]Cora[/name]? They kind of keep the nautical feel, and I think [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] just sounds darling. [name]Indigo[/name] is a really nice thought to, but just doesn’t seem right with the more traditional [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Marina[/name]. [name]Juniper[/name] is quite nice as well, one of my personal favorites.

jadediana,

thank you for your reply…the point is is that none of the names we are liking fit in with our theme…i guess at this point, unless something becomes wildly attractive, and fits in the theme…we are branching off…

and my oldest is marin…without the -a. like the county in california.

i like nila. i also sort of like cordelia - nn delia…which means daughter of the sea.