Twin Ideas? Or maybe not

I just found this article and knew my fellow berries would appreciate it!! Some of these made me laugh…or cringe… :flushed::joy:

https://www.kidspot.com.au/birth/baby-names/baby-name-ideas/the-worst-twin-baby-names-of-all-time/image-gallery/beda0cc725676f16f83a7e7746ec3074?utm_source=kidspot&utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_medium=Facebook

3 Likes

I’ve actually met twins named [name_f]Heaven[/name_f] & [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f]! It certainly did make me cringe.

1 Like

@elanorelle oh dear! :flushed:

Yeah, that was several years ago, and it was the first time I’d ever heard of the name [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f]. Someone else asked about it, and the mother explained that it’s just ‘[name_f]Heaven[/name_f] spelled backwards’, so pleased with herself. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
And then my jaw dropped again the first time I realized that [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] was actually in the US Top 100. Like, what??
I’m afraid I’m just not into such…erm…creative names myself.

@elanorelle wow… people think their being so original, but they’re really not haha.
I’m not one for creative name’s either. There’s so many great, unique names to choose from… why do that to your child?!

1 Like

I completely agree.

1 Like

Some of the names are doable on there own, But together? :grimacing: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :woman_facepalming:

Some of them are ok, but most of them did make me cringe. Thankfully none of the twins I’ve met have names from the list! The most matchy ones I know are [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] and [name_f]Claudette[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Bernie[/name_u] and [name_u]Claude[/name_u]) but at least it’s in good taste?

[quote=“[name_f]Gia[/name_f].berry, post:8, topic:337929”]
The most matchy ones I know are [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] and [name_f]Claudette[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Bernie[/name_u] and [name_u]Claude[/name_u]) but at least it’s in good taste?
[/quote]

Not my style, but that’s a bit cute. At least they are nice names, despite the matchy matchy.

1 Like

Most of the did make me cringe, especially [name_f]Muffy[/name_f]! I’ve never met twins with these names. The twins that I met one pair was name [name_f]Colleen[/name_f] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f], and the other was name [name_f]Kaitlyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Krista[/name_f](I think). That’s the problem with naming twins, most parents go too overboard with matching names or themes.

I went to high school with twins named [name_f]Kalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Kylie[/name_f]. Also sisters named [name_f]Heaven[/name_f] and [name_u]Angel[/name_u], another set of sisters named [name_f]Kylie[/name_f] and McKalie, sisters named [name_f]Sara[/name_f] and [name_f]Tara[/name_f], and sisters named [name_f]Sheena[/name_f], [name_f]Shauna[/name_f], and Shalee.

most of these are pretty bad, but…I don’t hate [name_u]Noel[/name_u] and [name_m]Leon[/name_m]? I love both names and think the spelling thing is pretty subtle. [name_u]Michael[/name_u] and [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] also isn’t bad.

Is it bad that I actually don’t mind [name_f]Summer[/name_f] & [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], or [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] & [name_u]River[/name_u]? :sweat_smile:

I know of a set of twins called [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] known as [name_u]Alex[/name_u]-girl and [name_u]Alex[/name_u]-boy :roll_eyes:

Agreed on [name_u]Noel[/name_u] & [name_m]Leon[/name_m]. I don’t think i’d even twig that it was a palindrome if they we not written down.

It’s true… [name_u]Noel[/name_u] and [name_m]Leon[/name_m] is super subtle and actually quite clever.

I don’t completely dislike [name_f]Summer[/name_f] and [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]. I really like then on their own, so I think that bias saves this combination for me. [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] and [name_u]River[/name_u] is much too similar for my liking though.

As for two versions of [name_u]Alex[/name_u]… oh dear! What would you do that?!

I think this is the worst set out of all the ones you mentioned. The pronunciation, at least where I live, is so ridiculously similar!