Twin name for Genevieve?

Yep, we are still undecided about girl twin names. My husband is definitely drawn to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] as one of the names but we can’t quite come up with the perfect pair. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is pretty, but much more popular and maybe a little plain next to twin sister [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] are other options we’re tossing around but not sure how well those match in style. Plus, if we call [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] “[name_f]Evie[/name_f]” is [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] too close? [name_f]Do[/name_f] [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] or [name_u]Cali[/name_u] nn for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] sound too modern and trendy with [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or [name_f]Evie[/name_f] nn for [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]? I also like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] but my husband doesn’t love it and my brother said if they have a girl they want to name her [name_f]Rose[/name_f] so it may cause some conflict. Middle name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is safer.

Other pairs I like and am considering:
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (maybe my first choice)
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ([name_f]Ella[/name_f])

Other siblings are [name_m]Landon[/name_m] and [name_m]Brooks[/name_m]. Last name is kind of long, [name_m]German[/name_m] and starts with S. Thank you for any advice… I wish we could make a final decision so I could stop obsessing and focus on getting ready for their birth!!!

Pretty name! [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is so romantic to me!

On your list I like [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

But maybe
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] (Rozalyn not sure how to spell it
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]

Good luck!

I think [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] & [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] are perfect–both [name_m]French[/name_m] but familiar in English. I agree that [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] feel a little plain next to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].

Others with [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]…
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]!

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]

Thanks for the input! I’m surprised that [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] are the front-runner pairing, that combo didn’t occur to me! I was trying to find some other nicknames for [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] since [name_f]Addy[/name_f] is so popular. Seems like [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], Linney, [name_f]Adele[/name_f] or maybe even [name_f]Lele[/name_f] could work and would give options to go with the [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Eve[/name_f]/[name_f]Evie[/name_f] or [name_f]Viv[/name_f].

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is really pretty. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

Thanks for the input! I worry about the pair sounding too french… especially with our gernam last name and the boy’s more English names. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] seems the least french of the options probably.

Did any of the other pairs suggested stand out as potentials??
Thank you!

I actually don’t consider [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] very french, unless you use the french pronunciation or spell it Geneviève instead. The English and [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciations are distinctively different, so that helps in making [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] sound less french in my ears. Not sure if it’s just me or not though.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] sound wonderful together. :slight_smile:

I agree that [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] & [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] makes a great pair! I adore both of those names. I also like [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] together.

Another vote for [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]. I also love the suggestion of [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]! Congratulations and good luck on finding the perfect names :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] but not [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] at all, sorry.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], ([name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]), would be gorgeous and absolutely perfect [name_f]IMO[/name_f]!

I also love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and I think [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is good.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] works well for me too as a pair, [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

I actually think that [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] sound pretty good together! They’re different enough that the two girls will each have their own identity with their name but they also go nicely together. I also think that [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f] go super well together as nicknames.
If you aren’t sold on [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] I really like [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] as well, especially with a nickname like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_u]Del[/name_u]/[name_f]Della[/name_f]. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Della[/name_f] or [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] sound beyond cute together!

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] & [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] work well. [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] works as a nickname. [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] & [name_f]Juliette[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]! it is such a beautiful name that rolls off the tongue. It’s not popular but has the more common/trendy nickname [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or just [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. You could even use [name_f]Viv[/name_f], [name_f]Vivi[/name_f].
I do love [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] as well, they seem perfect for one another. Names like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] etc do seem so plain next to exotic [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].
A few suggestions:
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinna[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Brianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]

My favourite is [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] ([name_f]Emmi[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f])

Some names I think compliment [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] well (sorry for any repeats):

[name_f]Annaliese[/name_f] (nn. [name_f]Anne[/name_f]/[name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_u]Allie[/name_u], [name_f]Essie[/name_f], etc.)
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (nn. [name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_f]Trixie[/name_f])
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] (nn. [name_f]Elle[/name_f]/[name_f]Ellie[/name_f])
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] (nn. [name_f]Flo[/name_f], [name_u]Ren[/name_u], [name_u]Reece[/name_u], [name_f]Flossie[/name_f], etc.)
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] (nn. [name_f]Indie[/name_f])
Joyelle (nn. [name_f]Joy[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f]/[name_f]Ellie[/name_f])
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (nn. [name_f]Lia[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f])
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (nn. [name_u]Penny[/name_u], [name_f]Nell[/name_f]/[name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f]/[name_f]Ellie[/name_f])
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] (nn. [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_f]Lettie[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Carly[/name_f], etc.)
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (nn. [name_f]Vicky[/name_f], [name_f]Tori[/name_f], [name_f]Ria[/name_f])
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] (nn. [name_f]Viv[/name_f]/[name_f]Vivi[/name_f], [name_f]Ann[/name_f]/[name_f]Annie[/name_f])

I also really love [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. They are a great match

I love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] as [name_f]Evie[/name_f]! What about…
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] ([name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u])
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] ([name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Millie[/name_f])

Wow thank you so much for all of these wonderful suggestions!! So many to choose from. Some of my favorites:
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] (love the suggestions of [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]Della[/name_f] as nn for [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]) [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] are cute.
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ([name_f]Evie[/name_f] or [name_f]Viv[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f])
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] ([name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmi[/name_f] or [name_f]Millie[/name_f])
Thank you!

I’m still drawn to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and think maybe [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] could work as well ([name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f]) and there is also something sweet and classic about [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] ([name_f]Carrie[/name_f] or [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]) but definitely less unique than the other options!

I would go with [name_f]Jocelyne[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. They’re both [name_m]French[/name_m], long and old-fashioned. I think they match together pretty well. And since [name_m]Landon[/name_m] and [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] match I think [name_f]Jocelyne[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] would match perfectly with your boys.
Since their surname is long I would go with something simple for a middle name.
Maybe something like [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_f]Lily[/name_f]?

Good luck!