Twin names to match big bro and sis

DH and I are expecting boy/girl twins in February and are at a loss at to what to name them. We love unique, gosh I’d never have thought of that, type names.

We’re currently proud parents of [name]Caspian[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]James[/name] (5) and [name]Oceania[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Lucie[/name] (3) ([name]Casper[/name] and [name]Ocean[/name]).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

[name]Unique[/name] names…i think i can help!
BOYS
[name]Wolfgang[/name] “Wolfie”
[name]Willoughby[/name] “[name]Wills[/name]”
[name]Montgomery[/name] “[name]Monte[/name]”
[name]Archibald[/name] “[name]Archie[/name]”
[name]Balthazar[/name] “Zar”
[name]Angus[/name] “[name]Gus[/name]”

GIRLS
Somerset
Temperley
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Bluebell[/name] “[name]Blue[/name]”
[name]Honoria[/name] “[name]Honey[/name]”
[name]Winslet[/name] “[name]Winnie[/name]”

ALl of these names have been on our list at one point or another - and i thought you might enjoy them! As sets, i love:
[name]Balthazar[/name] & [name]Azalea[/name] - how perfect is this! [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Oceania[/name], [name]Balthazar[/name] & [name]Azalea[/name] - seriously AMAZING
[name]Wolfgang[/name] & [name]Honoria[/name] - [name]Wolf[/name] & [name]Honey[/name] - MELT! [name]Casper[/name], [name]Ocean[/name], [name]Wolf[/name] & [name]Honey[/name] - seriously to DIE for!
[name]Willoughby[/name] & [name]Bluebell[/name] - love how fairytale these names feel! So funky! [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Oceania[/name], [name]Willoughby[/name] & [name]Bluebell[/name]…[name]LOVE[/name] IT
[name]Archibald[/name] & [name]Winslet[/name] - [name]Archie[/name] & [name]Winnie[/name] - [name]Casper[/name], [name]Ocean[/name], [name]Archie[/name] & [name]Winnie[/name] - super cute!

Good start? What do you think?!

Brilliant start! :slight_smile:

Using your suggestions as first names:
[name]Balthazar[/name] Roceo [name]Joshua[/name] and Somerset Arichie [name]Rosalyn[/name]
or
Archgomery [name]Jerico[/name] [name]Carl[/name] and [name]Bluebell[/name] [name]Willow[/name] [name]Katya[/name] (ok, I made Archgomery up but I think it’s pretty swell as I don’t like [name]Archibald[/name] or [name]Montgomery[/name] in their entireties!

Woo glad i could help!
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Balthazar[/name] and think it would be a super cool name for you guys. Its super cool with Somerset - but i really like it with [name]Azalea[/name] still! I like how both share the conection of the strong “Z” in the name!
[name]How[/name] do you pronounce Roceo and Arichie - i must admit im not a fan of them (unless their family names). They seem super made up and compared to the fantastic [name]Theodore[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Lucie[/name] they just don’t compare! [name]May[/name] i suggest:
[name]Balthazar[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Balthazar[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Romeo[/name]
[name]Balthazar[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Pheonix[/name]
[name]Balthazar[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Balthazar[/name] [name]Jerico[/name] [name]Romeo[/name]
[name]Balthazar[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Jerico[/name]
[name]Balthazar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Carl[/name]

Somerset [name]April[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name]
Somerset [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - beautiful!
Somerset [name]Arabelle[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
Somerset [name]Willow[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name]
Somerset [name]Bluebell[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
Somerset [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]
Somerset [name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Kat[/name]

Somerset [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - [name]ADORE[/name]

Bolded are faves

Also not a fan of Archgomery - i think you can find better real names out there!
Here are some other suggestion:
[name]Bartholomew[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Fitz[/name]
[name]Berkley[/name]
[name]Romeo[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Demetrius[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name]

[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Bronte[/name]
[name]Clemency[/name]
Cawthra
[name]Wellesley[/name]
Daveigh

ANy of these catching your eye?

Roceo and Arichie are variations of family surnames ([name]Rocco[/name] and Archland). They’re said as [rock-ay-oh] and [are-ee-chi]

You’re making us not be able to choose names not due to lack of inspiration but due to too much inspiration! :wink:

You see, Archland is SUCH a cool name…why change it to Arichie (which…i hope you don’t hate me by saying this…but sounds too much like Itchy to me!). [name]Balthazar[/name] Archland [name]Romeo[/name] - WHAT A STUD! [name]Balthazar[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] Archland - amazing! I’d stick to the real thing rather then making another name up that is far less superior! (Same goes for [name]Rocco[/name]…i think this is such a studly name!)

[name]Glad[/name] to know i’m helping!

Looking around the site I found [name]Barnaby[/name]… and love it! But am unsure as to possibilities for nns. [name]Barney[/name] is all I can think of but that brings to mind the dinosaur!

[name]Barnaby[/name] sounds a little to conceited with [name]Casper[/name] and [name]Ocean[/name].

I love the nn [name]Arnie[/name] but I prefer nns that are shorten versions of the given names!

Maybe I’m just doubly hormonal but I’m finding this name thing very hard considering [name]Casper[/name]'s and [name]Ocean[/name]'s names took seconds to fall in love with!

Maybe you’d like [name]Martin[/name] nn [name]Artie[/name]?..similar to [name]Arnie[/name]
I think you’re right that [name]Barnaby[/name] is too [name]Barney[/name]…the purple dinosaur…I’d stick to [name]Balthazar[/name] or [name]Bartholomew[/name] if you were looking at B names. (I still think Balthzar is super cool - and has the same super hero qualities of [name]Caspian[/name] and [name]Oceania[/name]!)
ALso made me think of [name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Art[/name] - [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Oceania[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] hmmm…i think you can do better then that though. Here are some names that remind me of [name]Caspian[/name] :
[name]Hawthorne[/name] nn [name]Hawk[/name] - this is my sons name and i could see it working for you!
[name]Isaac[/name] nn [name]Ike[/name]
[name]Isaiah[/name] nn [name]Ike[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name] nn [name]Gus[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Riordan[/name] nn [name]Rio[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Maverick[/name] nn Mavi

[name]India[/name] nn [name]India[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name] nn [name]Nola[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Goldie[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] nn Auggie
[name]Zola[/name]
[name]Israel[/name] nn [name]Izzie[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Una[/name]

Sorry to keep slamming you with more names! ANy of these working for you? I can see these combos:
[name]Orion[/name] & [name]Zola[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name] & [name]India[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name] & [name]Isolde[/name] - [name]Gus[/name] & [name]Izzy[/name] = [name]Casper[/name], [name]Ocean[/name], [name]Gus[/name] & [name]Izzy[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name] & [name]Magnolia[/name] - [name]Hawk[/name] & [name]Nola[/name] = [name]Casper[/name], [name]Ocean[/name], [name]Hawk[/name] & [name]Nola[/name] - cool!
[name]Balthazar[/name] & [name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Maverick[/name] & [name]Lyra[/name]

I have a [name]Caspian[/name] too, and am trying to find names for his sister who is coming in [name]April[/name]. I’ll just throw out some of the names we like and see if any of them work for you. BTW- we considered [name]Oceana[/name] for his sister:) Small world.

Boys:
Miro
[name]Calloway[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
Tyrian
[name]Thelonius[/name]
[name]Jupiter[/name]
[name]Dixon[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]

Girls:
[name]Lyra[/name] (lee-ra)
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Galilea[/name]
Calumina
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]

[name]Hawthorne[/name] and [name]Augustus[/name] are gorgeous!

I’m liking the name [name]Clover[/name] for a girl but think it’s a bit bland compared to the other names.

[name]Hawthorn[/name] and [name]Clover[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name] is nice? or [name]Augustus[/name] and Safforn or [name]Verity[/name]

[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name] Archland [name]Carling[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name] Archland
[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Carlisle[/name] Archland - seriously? this is STUNNING. Complete SWOON

You know what, i actually like [name]Clover[/name]. Someone suggested it for my bub but it wasn’t fitting…but i could totally see it working for you! [name]Clover[/name] can be nn [name]Clo[/name], [name]Coco[/name], [name]Cloey[/name] (pn. [name]Chloe[/name]), [name]Vera[/name] etc.
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Hope[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Carly[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

I do love [name]Magnolia[/name] too though:
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Carly[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Carlisle[/name] Archland & [name]Clover[/name] [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Carlisle[/name] Archland & [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Hope[/name] - not so sure how you feel about [name]Carlisle[/name] instead of [name]Carl[/name], and [name]Caroline[/name] being derived from [name]Carl[/name]. I think it works magically though - does it bug you that [name]Carlisle[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] are similar though? - not sure i minf that if they are twins.
[name]Caspian[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Oceania[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Lucie[/name], [name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Carlisle[/name] Archland & [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Hope[/name] - seriously i don’t think it can get any more perfect then this!

Using your amazing ideas we have fallen in love with [name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name] Archland and [name]Clover[/name] [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name]!

Lets hope we (more than likely I) don’t change our mind before they arrive!

[name]Caspian[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]James[/name] (5) and [name]Oceania[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Lucie[/name] (3) ([name]Casper[/name] and [name]Ocean[/name]).
[name]Caspian[/name] and [name]Oceania[/name], and [name]Casper[/name] and [name]Ocean[/name], are beautiful names for siblings! Let’s see what we can do about some equally wonderful names for the twins …

I think [name]Clover[/name] is beautiful and spunky, and [name]Hawthorne[/name] is handsome in a very literary way, but I’ll muse upon some alternatives.

First off, are you interested in more water-related names? [name]Caspian[/name] (Sea) and [name]Oceania[/name] quite clearly have that connection, in my opinion, and you might want to continue the theme for these children. It might be something you’d want to avoid, though, depending on how you feel about themes … Personally, I think it would be lovely for the twins each to have one water-inspired MIDDLE name.

Some options :
Boys:
Conwy/[name]Conway[/name]
[name]Douglas[/name]
[name]Kai[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Mortimer[/name]
[name]North[/name] (Sea)
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]River[/name]

Girls :
Ceto
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Ebba[/name]
Ephyra
[name]Evadne[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Marisa[/name]
[name]Muriel[/name]
[name]Nahla[/name]
Nami
[name]Nerida[/name]
Nimue
[name]Nixie[/name]
[name]Orabel[/name]/[name]Orabelle[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Thalassa[/name]
[name]Una[/name]
[name]Undine[/name]/[name]Ondine[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Winnifred[/name].

I’m glad you won’t go with [name]Balthazar[/name], as [name]Casper[/name] and [name]Balthazar[/name] were two of the Three [name]Magi[/name] in the Bible, and a third son might feel left out if he wasn’t named [name]Melchior[/name] :lol:

[name]Rocco[/name] and Archland are both handsome names, and would make great middles (or even firsts).

[name]How[/name] do you like [name]Tennessee[/name] for a boy, or [name]Tulip[/name] for a girl? They are similar to some of the other names you like.

Good luck!
[name]Auburn[/name]

I was thinking about water names since big bro and sis are caspian and oceania. So i googled water names and came up with with this page that I think has alot of winners
http://hasani.net.phtemp.com/water.html

I’d rather not use water names as I had no theme intended. I chose [name]Caspian[/name] and [name]Oceania[/name] because I like them, didn’t really realize the sea connection until someone said it to me!

I love love love [name]Jac[/name]'s suggestions, especially [name]Balthazar[/name] and [name]Azalea[/name]! Wow that’s a killer combination [name]Jac[/name]! Also like it with Somerset or [name]Winslet[/name].

I’m praying you don’t change your mind! I love love love your choices!

I’m praying you don’t change your mind! I love love love your choices![/quote]

[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name] is nearly a dead cert, Archland may change. [name]Clover[/name] is 80% set in stone, I love it but I don’t [name]LOVE[/name] it. Again [name]Rosalyn[/name] may change.

[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name] certainly is handsome! I think you should for sure use Archland! I mean, why pass up such an amazing name that has familial ties to you!! But…in the end it’s your choice! Other options could be:
[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Arch[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Archer[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Carlisle[/name] - i’m still pushing for this one! I think [name]Carlisle[/name] is amazingly handsome…plus the family ties with [name]Carl[/name]!

And for [name]Clover[/name], what about:
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Verity[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Arcadia[/name] ([name]Arcadia[/name] coming from Archland)
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Arcadia[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name]

Actually…would you consider [name]Arcadia[/name] as a first name? [name]Hawthorne[/name] & [name]Arcadia[/name] are so cool! Theres a little girl in my daughters play group named the similar [name]Arkady[/name] who goes by [name]Kady[/name] (or [name]Katie[/name]) which would also be a nn for [name]Arcadia[/name] ([name]Cadi[/name]). Hawth/[name]Hawk[/name] & [name]Cadi[/name] are AWESOME!
[name]Arcadia[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Clover[/name]
[name]Arcadia[/name] [name]Verity[/name] [name]Clover[/name]
[name]Arcadia[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Arcadia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Clover[/name]
[name]Arcadia[/name] [name]Nola[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Anyways…something to consider! I must admit how much i love [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Oceane[/name] & [name]Arcadia[/name] together though - they all seem so mythological!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! I’m very proud to announce the month early birth of [name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name] Archland and [name]Clover[/name] [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Rosemarie[/name]. ([name]Arnie[/name] and [name]Clo[/name]). We’re all doing well… Thanks to all who helped with our search for names!