Twin Siblings for Sierra

[name_u]Sierra[/name_u] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Sisi[/name_f]) is expecting twin siblings coming in [name_f]October[/name_f]!

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as a middle was a feminine form of a strong family name ([name_m]Charles[/name_m]) and I have started the other family middle names if we want to continue that vibe.

Would love feedback on some names on our list or other names that our list inspires. We are finding out the sexes when they are born so any combo would be helpful! Thank you!

Girl Firsts
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] (nn [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Junie[/name_f])
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Scout[/name_u])
[name_f]Sedona[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Sadie[/name_f])
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]

Girl Middle Ideas
[name_u]Anne[/name_u]*
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]*
[name_f]Dawn[/name_f]*
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Lux[/name_u]
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]
[name_u]Rae[/name_u]*

Boy Firsts
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] (nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m])
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_u]Maverick[/name_u]

Boy Middle Ideas
[name_m]Darwin[/name_m]*
[name_u]Rae[/name_u]*
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]
[name_u]Lux[/name_u]

Thanks

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite combos from your list are [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Cora[/name_f] + [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] + [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Cora[/name_f], and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] + [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] (or [name_u]Ray[/name_u]?).

Other ideas:

[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]

[name_u]Dallas[/name_u]
[name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Tanner[/name_u]
[name_u]Austin[/name_u]
[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Trevor[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts on your list:

Girl Firsts

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]-I really like this w/[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]. It gives that same slightly exotic nature-y feel. It’s feminine, bold & not overly complicated.

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]-[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I never see this on peoples’ lists. I really enjoy beautiful unique Hebrew names. This is smart, feminine, simple yet way uncommon & just lovely w/[name_u]Sierra[/name_u].

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]-Really sweet. Spunky & smart. It’s also a good nature name w/out being too frilly.

[name_f]Sedona[/name_f]-Hm. I think that this is a little too close to [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], & a little not as pretty as [name_u]Sierra[/name_u].

[name_u]Willow[/name_u]-This is nice. It goes well w/[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]. It’s kind of getting way popular it seems.

Boy Firsts

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]-I love this. It’s dashing. Smart, simple, kind, gentle yet masculine. I’d prefer [name_u]Eliot[/name_u] or [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] personally.

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]-Ooh, I like this w/[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]. It’s apparently a bit common, but I don’t personally hear it a whole lot. It’s rugged yet gentle & sort of artsy.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]-I love this. It’s smart & handsome. It sounds gentle & just a little bit quirky.

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]-This is fine. I have a nephew called [name_m]Malachy[/name_m] (key rather than kai), so I always think that this sounds off. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] is more common.

[name_u]Maverick[/name_u]-This is pretty cool. Certainly cowboy-y sounding & very rugged. I like it w/[name_u]Sierra[/name_u].

A few more suggestions-

Girls-

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Anais[/name_f]

[name_f]Clover[/name_f]

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]

[name_f]Juno[/name_f]-although I prefer [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] nn [name_f]Juno[/name_f]

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]

[name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]-maybe too close to [name_u]Sierra[/name_u]. But so pretty!

[name_f]Tallula[/name_f]

[name_f]Zella[/name_f]

[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]

Boys-

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]

[name_m]Basil[/name_m]

[name_m]Caius[/name_m]

[name_m]Cassius[/name_m]

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]

[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]

[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]

[name_u]Kai[/name_u]

[name_m]Koa[/name_m]

[name_u]Luca[/name_u]

[name_u]Nico[/name_u]

[name_m]Odin[/name_m]

[name_u]River[/name_u]

[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]! I appreciate your thoughtfulness and I love your addition of [name_f]India[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband likes [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] for a boy or girl now, but I think [name_f]India[/name_f] retains the simple beauty with a tough of adventure that [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] also envokes.

Vel - I love the addition of [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] to our lists. Thank you for your thoughts! Super helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_m]Knox[/name_m] is strong & [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] is cool. Kind of intense.

I’m a fan of [name_f]Sedona[/name_f]. But if you hit with another S, you may want to go all S’s. In my opinion. What about [name_f]Sedona[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_u]Satchel[/name_u] [name_m]Knox[/name_m]?

Here’s a list of first names you might like:
[name_f]Cala[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marlena[/name_f]
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_u]Chance[/name_u]
[name_u]Noel[/name_u]
[name_m]Wiley[/name_m]
[name_m]Eamon[/name_m]

hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks! The thought of going all S’s has definitely crossed my mind :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your twins! I just want to say, the nickname ‘[name_f]Sisi[/name_f]’ for [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] is a wonderful surprise. It gave me a bit of a thrill to see it.

From your girls shortlist, [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] stands out above the rest. I really like the way it shares a nature meaning with [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], and hands down, it has the wow factor. I think [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] would be a great twin pairing, again for the subtle nature link, but also because [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] still feels quite fresh and unexpected while some of the other names on your list have been in popular use for a while longer, and finally, each child gets their own initial. [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. An eclectic mix of names that still makes sense together. For middles, you have some lovely family names to choose from. I think any of these combinations are fantastic; [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] /[name_f]Aviva[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] /[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]/ [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u].

From your boys shortlist, I think you could really do any pairings since all the names seem very compatible in style (although I personally prefer twins to not so share initials to avoid being overly coordinated). I really like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] together since they are both sleek and tailored, and four letters long. They are a dashing pair. [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u]. I’ve just noticed that [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] are a little similar; they share the same ‘eh’ vowel sound and ‘ra’ ending. But if you call your daughter [name_f]Sisi[/name_f] most of the time at home, I don’t think this is a large concern. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]. I also like [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], linked through their biblical usage. [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] is a very big name; it’s bold, it has attitude. I think [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] also has the guts to stand beside a name like [name_u]Maverick[/name_u]. I think [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] could work too, I like that it also has three syllables, and perhaps [name_u]Jude[/name_u] as well. [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Maverick[/name_u]. Have you thought about nicknames for [name_u]Maverick[/name_u]? That could help lessen the grandeur, something like [name_u]Mack[/name_u] or [name_m]Mick[/name_m]. [name_f]Sisi[/name_f], [name_u]Mack[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. I also like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] together. They’re very charming. [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]. It seems I really like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] for you!

For one of each, and sticking with my favourite girl options, I’d pair [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] ([name_f]Dawn[/name_f]) with [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] ([name_u]Rae[/name_u]). They look so cohesive probably because they share the same vowels, two a’s and an ‘i’, and they are both of Hebrew origin. In saying that, they don’t sound like too niche because [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] has been in popular usage for almost two decades and [name_f]Aviva[/name_f], being quite rare, probably won’t have any existing associations for most people. [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]. There are nicknames in there too, [name_f]Viv[/name_f] /[name_f]Viva[/name_f], [name_m]Mac[/name_m] /[name_f]Mally[/name_f] / [name_u]Kai[/name_u]. With [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] ([name_u]Rae[/name_u]), I think [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] ([name_m]Darwin[/name_m]) sounds best. [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]. [name_f]Sisi[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. They are fabulous together. From my favourite boy options, I like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] ([name_m]Darwin[/name_m]) with [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] ([name_u]Rae[/name_u]). Both vintage revivals, a little bit western, and have that tailored feel. [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. [name_f]Sisi[/name_f], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Scout[/name_u].

I don’t want to add any more names because I think you have excellent lists already. I hope you’ll update us when the time comes. All the best.