Twin Sister for Colson

Not expecting but I have slightly higher chances of having twins if me and DH decide to try again next year and I like being prepared, and well, I love names so…

I have a boy name picked out that I love, Colson, middle will be most likey be [name_m]Locke[/name_m]. Colson means “people of victory”. My mother’s name means victory and her mother’s name means bringer of victory so it has a special connection that way!

I have a girls name picked out that I love but doesn’t seem to fit well with Colson so I am just looking for some fresh suggestions.

Few things: not looking for a rhyming name or even a name with the same initial but possible with some of the same strong sounds if that makes sense. I like vintage girls names but nothing overly feminine or frilly sounding names. Meanings mean a lot to me and if there is a name meaning victory or something like it that I haven’t seen/missed I’d be happy to know and consider. (I am not a fan of any kind of [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] variant or of the name [name_f]Veronica[/name_f].) I also love a name meaning happiness, joy, blessed, anything of the like. Tall order I know!

See signature for my kiddos names that would be siblings to these fantasy twins! :wink:

Colson and…

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]

Hmm, twin siblings for [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] [name_m]Elwood[/name_m], [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], and [name_f]Adalee[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]…

Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u]

I will be honest that I didn’t look up name meanings, but I did try not to go too frilly, and tried to have them match the sibling names. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

Colson & …
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] (“happiness”)
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] (symbol of victory)
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f] (“she who brings victory”)
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (“radiant; shining one”)
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] (“wisdom”)
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (“light”)

I also thought of [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Kinsey[/name_f] because of their meanings, but I’m not sure they quite fit what you’re looking for or match your other kids’ names. Still, thought I’d give them an honorable mention.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps! :slight_smile:

Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] & _______:

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
Beatrix
Gwyneth
Genevieve
Marvel
Bellamy
Delaney
Cassidy
Shelby
Blythe
Jovie
Selah
Maeve
Marnie

My first thought was [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], for it’s meaning of [name_f]Victory[/name_f], but also just because it looks like the word. I think you could use nn [name_f]Vera[/name_f] if you wanted! I think it’s maybe too common next to Colson, so here are some other ideas:

[name_f]Victory[/name_f] names:
[name_f]Victorine[/name_f] - [name_u]Read[/name_u] a book where there was a little girl with this name, it really grew on me!
[name_f]Victoire[/name_f] - a bit more [name_m]French[/name_m] sounding, but a cool name!
[name_f]Kinsey[/name_f] - means victory
[name_f]Sia[/name_f] - also means victory
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] - [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] as in Flanders Fields, not exactly [name_f]Victory[/name_f], but related to it!

[name_m]Maverick[/name_m], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Adalee[/name_f], Colson &

• [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - I’m going to assume that because of [name_f]Olive[/name_f], while you might like word names, they’re maybe off the table for sounding too matchy. That said, I think [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] fits your sibset nicely. Another option might be [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_u]Wren[/name_u].
  • [name_f]Flora[/name_f] - while not a word name, still invokes a word sound. I think it fits nicely, and I especially like how Colson & [name_f]Flora[/name_f] share the o sound. Other ‘o’ sound names might be [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] or [name_f]Lola[/name_f].
    [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] - I don’t know why, but Colson & [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] sounds right to me. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is distinct from the other names on the list, yet shares some qualities with all of them. Other options like this include: [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] & [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

P.s. I love [name_m]Locke[/name_m]! I think that’s a great MN and pairs so nicely with Colson!

[name_f]Bernice[/name_f] (Greek) she who brings victory
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] ([name_m]French[/name_m]) people of victory --> may be a bit too close to Colson
[name_f]Eunice[/name_f] (Greek) good victory
[name_f]Jaya[/name_f] (Hindi-Sanskrit) victory
[name_f]Kinsey[/name_f] (English) king’s victory
[name_f]Sia[/name_f] (Old Norse) victory
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] (Norse) fair victory
[name_f]Victoire[/name_f] ([name_m]French[/name_m]) victory
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (Latin) victory
[name_m]Ziggy[/name_m] ([name_m]German[/name_m]) victory --> probably better as a mn or nn

Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and …
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Lola[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_u]Madison[/name_u] [name_u]Haley[/name_u]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_u]Peyton[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
Colson [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :slight_smile: